It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What constitutes a credible news source?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It seems to me that PrisonPlanet is just as good as any other out there.

In fact, some of the stories that come from there have mostly turned out to be true.

Where do we get the scoop? Fox?

Sure, there are others and you know what????? They are not going to touch anything controversial unless its a shooting that will be made public anyway.

The administration should reconsider what is a news source or LIST all recommended sources.
Seriously, do you have a list?

I'd like to have it. Its infuriating to post something and then have it moved because it came from an unreliable source.

I respect you and know you are only doing your jobs but a list (although not exactly freedom of speech) might clarify these concerns i have.

I'm willing to play by the rules.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
May I suggest the BBC:

Slashdot

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
In some way its hard to give a black and white definition. However I would rank Rense and Indiadaily at the top of the NOT credible news sources.

However for some the credibility or not of the source is secondary to the information it provides. If they want to believe in something they are inclined to believe it regardless of the credability of the source.

This thread www.abovetopsecret.com... is a perfect example where an obviously fraudulent idea carries legs because people don't value truth above ideas. In that case all you can do is to let people slop around in their own puddle.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by Netchicken]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Credible news sources? Hmmm...that would be video taped evidence with verifyable eyewitness testimony that the tapes are completely unaltered.

Nothing is untampered...if it is presented in the media, the tampering actually increases exponentially when applied to the importance of the story.

As to the question about what source can be used, this thread just recently dove into the same murky water.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
credible- - who knows?

for what its worth, but with constant scrutiny & vigilence, i visit these 2
(http)://news.clusty.com/
(http)://english.ohmynews.com/

search engines=topical items-> 1st page only: Google.com/
.....................Ditto.................-> ..........ditto.....: Accoona.com/

~~everything must be taken with a grain of salt~~

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
We have a current thread discussing this very topic.
Please feel free to add your thoughts there:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join