It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite Laugh At Torture During Gridiron Club Dinner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Source

The mainstream press is having a hearty chuckle about the capers and the chicanery witnessed at the annual Gridiron Club dinner, a get-together of media and government elites. The highlight was an "amusing" rendition of a torture song by a dragged-up Tim Russert.

I for one don't find it funny that a bunch of war criminals and their sycophantic collaborators are cackling and patting each other on the back about the 'hilarious shortcomings' of the administration.

Ahhh isn't Cheney cute for shooting a man in the face? Isn't it rollicking that those kids got raped and those Abu Ghraib prisoners were tortured to death?

Even the CIA controlled Washington Post had to admit it went too far.

I would love to have attended this one.

One more thing,

"By the way, when Dick first heard my approval rating was 38 percent, he said, 'What's your secret?'," joked Bush.

There you have it.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
An unbiased source like Prison Planet wouldn't take a couple of pictures, another source's story, and blow it out of proportion or put some spin on it, would they?

No! Of course not!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yeah I saw that story too, dg. Pretty frickin sad. And it didn't come from prisonplanet, either. There was *()&^% BLOOD in that prison. How can they do this? The war in Iraq is boring, according to the Fuhrer, and why not just add some insult to injury and LAUGH at those that endured terrbile pain and some even alleged death under his authority now. Jesus, this gets better by the minute. You know what? Enough of these people already. Bring on 2008 so we can start the cycle all over again.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, here we are at PTS where the story will be well hidden.

Can you come up with the "other credible site?"

I'd hate to think i am posting garbage.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
A google seach for "GRIDIRON dinner" will get you you all the links you need. It is covered in many different ways- depending on who is covering it.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Oh i see what you mean. There are many.

Here's a random one

www.cnsnews.com... 5Carchive%5C200204%5CNAT20020402a.html

I can supply lots more. Thanks true American

You know, it doesnt even have to be in a roast. Funerals and wakes will getcha the same.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, it's getting late . . . and Nino [Scalia] and I have to get up early to go duck hunting . . . so let me say a few words in closing.....Dick Cheney

[edit on 14-3-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Give me a break. This dinner is a "roast".

It happens every year.

Roast: A facetious tribute, as at a banquet, in which the honoree is alternately praised and insulted.

It really is sad that the Bush bashers would take quotes and antics at a "roast" as use it to quench their hate.

I guess that is the reason they lose elections, so keep it up guys!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, here we are at PTS where the story will be well hidden.

Can you come up with the "other credible site?"

I'd hate to think i am posting garbage.

My comment was based on the fact that prisonplanet is a VERY left slanted "news source." So excuse me for commenting on that.

Also, this thread was not moved to so it would be "well hidden." Having moved several threads recently from Other Current Events to other parts of the board, it really makes me wonder if you've even bothered to read the link I gave you to Appropriate Current Events Topics. Of course, I know you haven't read a majority of the automatically generated u2us, so maybe you haven't.

So, now instead of trying to start drama on the board, feel free to u2u me directly, after reading that above link, or file a complaint so we can continue this discussion "off the boards." Thank you.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
CMDR,

I am not one of those drama queens nor do i intend to be. I just think that this story has as much validity and enough sources that it can be checked.
I am not trying to start anything. I only think that this is just another bizarre and yet truthful story.

Carseller, i know all about roasts. Its all putdowns and all in fun. This story was designed to signal out a couple of things that were...shall we say...less than funny and offensive.

But i am supersensitive today. I probably took it all out of context.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ahh, no you didn't take it out of context, dg. The torture issue is about as distasteful an issue to make fun of by this administration as can be. And the Dick Cheney shooting wasn't to tasty either- that guy could have well been killed, and suffered a good deal over it.

Carseller4,
If you can't see that, maybe you should go talk to a few of those prsioners and laugh in their face. I dare you.

The bottom line here is, the friggin writers for the show could have well chosen better topics than these to make fun of and with. IMO it's just another nail in the coffin of these people, and I can't believe the administration approved the script. Serves them right that his approval rating is 37%, and with this, hopefully that'll drop down a lot less. Bush bashing my ass. He deserves it for this crap.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
1. Snob factor - ATS thinks too highly of itself, whereby it takes longer established sites & categorizes their content as being "outside the mainstream" ( chew on that for a hot sec)

2. Something corporate - As part & parcel of the business plan, censorship comes in the form of thread move ad infinitum off of "The Main Board". The definitions of what constitutes thread worthiness on the 'big stage' ATS board are quoted chapter & verse & the MODS are stellar honest folks who are to be admired, but at the end of the day, we have situations like the administration which sanctioned torture & murder chuckling it up with the media that refuses to report it NOT being allowed as a politics conspiracy OR current event!?!?!?!

3. ATS is a microcosm of America - the corporate will is being served, the opinion/credibility is tanking and those who give a flying puck are dying off and/or giving up the good fight, so all that's left are toadies - those who don't know better because they've "come of age" over the last 6 years- and Brownshirts who deep down know better, but refuse to take off the baker's hat even though folks are in the oven.

Jokes about torture are in the same category as the joke about looking for WMD's (by the CINC who had our military in the field dying) via a slide show - so indicative of an above the law status that all that's missing is a "let them eat cake" closing statement.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
That Bush, he's so funny!

Here's one of his older jokes:

Friday, 26 March, 2004

At a black-tie dinner for journalists, Mr Bush narrated a slide show poking fun at himself and other members of his administration.

One pictured Mr Bush looking under a piece of furniture in the Oval Office, at which the president remarked: "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be here somewhere."

After another one, showing him scouring the corner of a room, Mr Bush said: "No, no weapons over there," he said.

And as a third picture, this time showing him leaning over, appeared on the screen the president was heard to say: "Maybe under here?"
The president could be seen bending over to peer at the floor of the Oval Office
BBC

The president could be seen bending over to peer at the floor of the Oval Office

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Maybe they are in here?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It's like blacks making black jokes, these people torture and murder people so they are allowed to make torture and murder jokes.

"Heh heh, what did one terrorist say to the other? Nothing because we tortured him to death! Only to find out he wasn't a terrorist." Group laughs at Presidents joke.

"What's the difference between a 2 and a half pound bird and a 78 year old man? None if you ask Dick Cheney." Group laughs again.

"What's been shafted more times then an intern during the CLinton years? The constitution by me!" Group laughs some more.

Ok, last couple, once I posted, might break standards.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by DevinS]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I knew it!!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Thats two posts by Bout that deserve a WATS. Ditto man...ditto.

top topics

join