Practice what you preach???

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It is interesting to me how many people in the new age circles give you this new advice on how life really works and how we should apply this new knowledge to our lives, etc.

However, apparent contradictions pop out in their own attitude.
I know, I know, they are human too...or reptilian as the case may be.

One example is the recent fiasco with davids newsletter.

Here we have books from him, the most recent one for sure, saying how everything is illusion, we create our own realities, money is no issue cause its fake, etc. etc.

Oh really? You believe this david?

A few people one day woke up with a surprising letter in their inbox from david, rudely criticizing them for not donating money for the receipt of his newsletter, etc.
He went on about how he needed money to survive, and people basically took his work for granted.

I responded in kind, as I believe others did, that we had no idea he was in such a financial pinch,
and that perhaps a kinder less demanding tone would solicit more donations.
(and after all of his most recent writings saying how its all illusion and how you create your own realites, etc., it was a suprise hearing this from a man that would have us take him serious.)

The inconsistency isnt as much as a problem, as we are human and still have our fears, etc., despite what we may believe. It more was the shock of tone.

After reading the letter (of which I thought was a prank written by someone else do to the extreme difference in his tone and style), and seeing that it was from him, it then appeared the true Icke was showing itself.

Somone who is using this as a tool to further their pocket book. Someone who saw the amount of visitors coming, and thought, "if they just gave me "x" amount of money, I would be bringing in "x" amount.
(making him virtually rich) And when it didnt go through, we saw through the temper the apparent real motiviation behind what he is doing.

Ironically, in the same letter he complained that all but one person who contacted him in regards to the webmaster position (full time) wanted lots of money, and only one wanted to do it for free.
It appeared as is he expected more people to just volunteer for free?
(I can imagine that people, would say something similar to him, that they need some kind of income to, especially for the demand he was asking from them.)

Inconsistencies, yes...thats human, true motivation, only david knows...(just saying this did not help his PR at all)

Gods Peace

dalen

[edit on 14-3-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oh dear! I was just writing an e-mail to my friend about some religions having false agenda, ie, power, control and money. I am afraid where ever you look for the truth you begin to question true motives! It seems to take over this little niggeling thing called greed!

Well good luck to him thats all i have to say or else he may BURN IN THE FIRES OF HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY!!

Yes i am just kidding, fortunatly i don't belive what I was taught at Catholic school anymore but greed is a very human triate. Thank god he is not a reptile! FEW

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well like goes to like, so if he is a pretty negative/evil/bad/materialistic person in the spirit world me might wind up around people (beings spirits, entities) like him.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by jazz_psyker]

MMP

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You strike me as a simple person, dAlan, so I will spell this out in simple terms.

I am by no means a fanboy of Icke's but I was wondering if you could provide some kind of evidence that this actually took place. Just saying it does nothing for me. Being a critic of Icke's research myself, I could say he called me on the phone and confessed it was all an elaborate hoax. See what I'm getting at?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
It is interesting to me how many people in the new age circles give you this new advice on how life really works and how we should apply this new knowledge to our lives, etc.

However, apparent contradictions pop out in their own attitude.
I know, I know, they are human too...or reptilian as the case may be.

One example is the recent fiasco with davids newsletter....

I can't comment on the tone of his newsletter, but I've heard this complaint on other forums. My take is that web sites like Icke's eat up lots of bandwith and take time to manage and update. Since believers and non-believers alike visit in droves, his web hosting costs may have gotten out of hand. Though he's a prolific writer and lecturer, I suspect his niche keeps him from making lots of money. (Now, if the premise of The Biggest Secret had included a reptilian/human intergalactic romance, dude would be rolling in it!)

As for asking for volunteers, sometimes I think he might have been better off had he started a cult/religious organization. People are more willing to go the extra mile if their faith is involved.

Many Icke fans, I suspect, enjoy the fantasy aspect of his writings, but don't have enough real faith to help him grow, or to volunteer their time.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Walter
I can't comment on the tone of his newsletter, but I've heard this complaint on other forums. As for asking for volunteers, sometimes I think he might have been better off had he started a cult/religious organization. People are more willing to go the extra mile if their faith is involved.

True, cant expect anyone to comment if they have not seen the letter. I guess for me, it was interesting to see how someone can so much push that we create our reality, etc. money is fake, etc., and then get bent out of shape for people not donating to him...so much so to send out a very rude email.
(after all its just an illusion,and this is according to his own belief system)

Again, for me, it came across as someone who thought he could make a pretty penny if everyone who visited his site would chip in a buck or so, and when people didnt, the greed came through.

Now the fact is, a lot of you may not have seen this email...but those of you who did will know what Im referring to. (People who were subscribed to his newsletter got it.)

Gods Peace

dalen

[edit on 15-3-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I, myself wonder how this man has a whole TOPIC on ATS.

Also, I can't believe anyone can believe in entirity what he writes. Sure, he may have some truths in there, but mixes it with a reptilian agenda. Come on.

Money grabbing charletan indeed (aren't all charletans money grabbing?).

- Nazgarn

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nazgarn
- Nazgarn

True, I was wondering the same. If its a forum paid by the sponsor (who supposedly doesnt have money)...but we dont know the arrangements, maybe someone paid for him to have this forum.

Peace

dalen

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nazgarn
- Nazgarn

True, I was wondering the same. If its a forum paid by the sponsor (who supposedly doesnt have money)...but we dont know the arrangements, maybe someone paid for him to have this forum.

Peace

dalen

That is indeed very interesting. Now that I know that it puts my mind at ease a bit more. ATS gets more of an income while David Icke gets more exposure (what is mentioned by David is an interesting conspiracy even if I do not believe in it myself).

- Nazgarn

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Anyone happen to have a copy of the newsletter? A link? Icke must have been pretty stressed out to write it. If it's anything like dAlen said, it's done a lot to damage his credibility. Well, that, and the reptilian thing.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Walter
Anyone happen to have a copy of the newsletter? A link? Icke must have been pretty stressed out to write it. If it's anything like dAlen said, it's done a lot to damage his credibility. Well, that, and the reptilian thing.

Sorry for not having a link for you guys...Im sure someone has the email about his newsletter floating around. Maybe check the davidickeforums website.

I will say that one of my initial reactions was that he must have been stressed out. Of course I have also pondered that he was upset at the potential amount of money he saw could be made, but was not coming to fruition as not as many people as he would have liked signed up. (3 british pounds per person...and if you have a significant user base, that can quickly add up for a nice monthly salary.) Not to mention ticket prices to see him and how packed they typcially are. (all this made me speculate toward the latter theory.)

But having said that, to say this, truly it is up to david whatever his motives are.
Its easy on the outside to speculate about someone elses life...so I will leave it at this.

Gods Peace

dalen

[edit on 15-3-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
www.davidickeforum.com...

you will have to scroll a bit, but a user apparently posted it as part of the forum.

Keep in mind one thing...at the time the email was sent out, I know I for one, had no clue there was a subscription service of any kind that he set up to help support himself! Why? Cause if you entered his site through a book mark (which I did) and not the home page...you did NOT SEE the "plea" for money...

So this set up the first P.R. mishap. I believe others were in the same boat of seeing the email without hearing the plea. (which we get over, as miscommunication often happens.)

My point was made in the post above this one, however, about motives...which, as I concluded is really davids business.

Gods peace

dalen

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Old Ickey boy. He is a laugh. Reptilians

I'm originally from the UK and he used to be a sports presenter there. The many football fans I knew treated his views with the seriousness they deserved. Indeed, they didn't even scoff much. They just grunted, took a sip of their beer and went back to discussing football.

Still, he is an interesting guy. A lot of the movers-and-shakers in the world of the unconventional are like this: they have something of the charlatan about them as well as the (apparently) wise-man. Dunno why. Maybe they truly are just full of it

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I'm originally from the UK and he used to be a sports presenter there.

Not only a sports presenter but a BBC sports presenter, if I am not mistaken.

I don't mind a good idea, however far-fetched, to be tossed around.

But "reptilians"...?

The first time I read (on the internet) that Diana (Princess of Wales) was "killed" because she was "about to reveal" the "truth" about the British royal family - namely, that they are REPTILES - and after I realised it was NOT a joke... I laughed until tears started rolling down my face.

Now THAT's a feat!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMP
You strike me as a simple person, dAlan, so I will spell this out in simple terms.

I am by no means a fanboy of Icke's but I was wondering if you could provide some kind of evidence that this actually took place. Just saying it does nothing for me. Being a critic of Icke's research myself, I could say he called me on the phone and confessed it was all an elaborate hoax. See what I'm getting at?

Wow, (1st post) am i not a fan of Icke here!! I was top supporter, dropped out of college, pretty sane, believed what he said about reptiles, partly because of a Jesus quote , you know the offspring of vipers one
so was listening, and then eventually you could say, went pretty crazy, (my fault 100%) and tried to top myself one crazy Icke filled night (((giggles))) ahhhh...anyways, Life is an illusion etc, sorry, Everything is an illusion, He won't even unsubscribe me from his newsletter...

anyway..."all hail Icke, and his fans....ok, he's really really nice........."

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Referring to your opening post I cant help but add one thing:

Icke is not practicing "you create your reality". He is penning the most negative nightmarish visions imaginable...which is why he not only got arthritis and difficulty to write and once started spitting blood during a lecture, but also has financial difficulties.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I totally forgot about this thread honestly...wrote it early 2006. (how time flies!)

Icke was useful for me at a time...as all things there are pointers to help you from one step to the next. Sometimes you outgrow a particular group of ideas/pointers - or rather move on.

I agree that he does seem that his focus appears to be on the negative, and thats just not what I need/want in my life now.

And it surprised me really that is the path it seems to have taken, as he had a book (if I remember) about how all things are how you create them. And I agree...so thats why Im not leaning to much on one side of his postings...or rather not feeding off the negative slant to things.

To every story there are two sides.

Good and evil are relative...the evil ones think they are good, and the good is the one who always wins. Never has evil called itself evil, because its only evil to that which is subjected to it. (not sure that is the right word, but anyway.)

In all, true love, as I believe Icke emphasized in one of his books, at one point...is the way. But its to easy to get wrapped up into the stories and identities we create with it.

Not sure this post makes sense at all...but anyway.

Peace

dAlen

new topics
top topics

join