It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanteans used crystals? Have we tried to duplicate technology?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I'm right handed, but was never 'forced' to be lol. It's not fully understood what causes left/right handed usage, but there are a few theories out there that you might be interested in learning about.

I didn't say you were forced... I should have been a little more clearer on that.... A lot of parents freak when their children start picking up pencils/crayons/textas and start drawing with their left hand...... and probably the word force was the wrong word to use....more so 'encouraged' to use their right hand.....

I'm sorry but, I'm not following you on this one? Because people are naturally more right handed and linguisticly left brained this would lead you to conclude that UFO's and paranormal event's are real?

The initial process was that things such as the paranormal could be a possibility.....the belief of them existing was a lot later down the track

How do you know he worked in the secret government? How do you know there even is a secret government of this sort? Because he says so in a book you picked up for $14.95?

Um, no. As I said (which you obviously don't believe but i'll repeat it anyway)....he would have had to lie to me for 5 years........again, possible but unlikely

David Icke anyone? There's many people you lie. How can any of us be sure your not lying about being friends with an obvious liar.

David Icke? From my understanding of Icke, he is simply a researcher and stating his findings.....whether he lies about his findings, i'm not sure because I haven't read any of Icke's books.... I can't prove that I'm friends with him...possibly I can scan a photo with my wife, himself and me....but I don't have a scanner readily available, also, this may not be enough 'proof' for you anyway, and I don't particularly want a picture of myself and my wife on the net, i'm sure you'd understand...

You need not be conspiring with him. But, it's not entirely impossible that you could be doing nothing more then seeking attention or trying to sound as if you "know" you stuff and have really cool inside "info".

Seeking attention? I don't usually mention where I get my info from unless asked...... and 'cool' is hardly the word anyway, I have the displeasure of knowing some information with such related issues.

Far from being ignorant. I took the time to learn about both claims. There's nothing indicative that orgone energy is real, that there are alien visitor abductin our livestock or super advanced reptillian overlords from the evil fourth dimension who've been running a secret NWO program for the past 10,000 years and just haven't yet been able to pull one over on us. There's a difference between fantasy and reality. Some people have trouble making that distinction.

Well then I'm glad you came to your conclusions after reading both angles..... never read into orgone so I won't comment on that.... 4th dimension? Is this the work of Icke? I think its mentioned on this site.... Ok well I differ from that stance then.. I refer to it as the lower astral realms.

Really, and this is why there's over 20 million books sold by a variety of author's all claiming to have this exact kind of knowledge, but 99% don't even tell the same story and nearly all claim to be a big part of it.

Can you provide some books/authors which you are reffering to?

No nerve hit. Sorry to dissapoint you. And no, I didn't pick up the information on a debunking website.

Dissapoint me? Well i apologise if you think that was my intention with the 'hitting a nerve comment'..... and with the debunking website.. there only seemed to be a reference to one link in the current thread....

What make's you think I haven't looked into both sides? Is it because I came to a different conclusion then you have?

No, again pointing back to the one link reference.....

If I'm not mistaken, crop circles are hoax's/man made. The people who've made them have confessed. If super advanced ET were going to try and contact us openly, do you really honestly think he'd ruine a food source crop with an extremly cryptic symbol? I doubt ET is that stupid.

Hoaxes...a lot are, many are not...man made, BINGO...yes they are man made....ET? some possibly, but unlikely.... but back to who makes them...it is man made...and its not your average joe

I read an article somewhere about how they found that microwave had to do with creation of weird patterns in crop fields, and they replicated this somehow, and they came to the conclusion that its microwave causing the phenomenon..... however they couldn't explain the intricate designs of crop circles that seem to give off the same energy that were created by the scientists which were more loose random patterns...I believe the study was based in Russia.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and to discern truth from fiction, and base their beleifs on their findings...

Also I don't usually like going into the you're wrong, i'm right debates...... I just ask that people have an open mind about it all, thats all

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perturabo
Does anyone actually know where the crystal idea came from? It would be nice to believe that an ancient civilisation had technology like that, but as far as I know, there isn't any evidence for it.

It came from Edgar Cayce (who has been debunked several times) in the 1930's. He was the guy who said that California would fall into the ocean sometime in the 1960-1970 period.

He "channeled" the information.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Heh, channeling, even though i'd like to believe it, I don't.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Exactly. The information he "channeled" about Atlantis has proved to be spectacularly wrong (he identified a location for it and said it would rise from the sea.) But his cachet was so great that the mystic groups of the time felt he must be right and then THEY "channeled" more information from Atlantis.

He was the one who came up with Mu, I believe, and/or Lemuria. The claims about those have not been borne out by ocean floor mapping. Over time, the claims have gotten more and more incredible, each springing from the others.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ok from my experience with regards to channelers, the information that comes out is a form of truth/lie sandwitch..... truth surrounded by lies, or lies surrounded by truth..... also with regards to in a channeling state, the brainwave activity is identical to the ELF bombardment in that particular area, as i mentioned before, channeling may be technological rather than spiritual....

HOWEVER, you did state this was in the early 1900's? Either this indicates that that channeling technology existed back then 'ie elite did have such technology' or that the spiritual information was coming from spirits/beings whatever....of an unethical nature...or that for their own agenda....

I do know that in the 1900's Nikola Tesla found ELF (the range of 6 to 8 hertz) was the frequency of brainwaves, as well as frequency that can be transmitted/received from the shummans cavity....(original purpose of free energy) so this COULD be an indication of technology quickly developed back then and probably used in this manner.... or that they already knew this about this technology and used it anyway..... *shrugs* no idea, all I can fathom is that channeling is not natural....

So with regards to Lemuria....i believe to be true...with regards to crystals and atlantis, i believe to be true, however anything else perhaps the lie component of the sandwitch

The truth lie sandwitch is a means to deviate people from the full truth of the matter.... and because the lie component is unbelievable, it is assumed that the rest is also unbelievable.

Kind Regards
Merger

Originally posted by Byrd
Exactly. The information he "channeled" about Atlantis has proved to be spectacularly wrong (he identified a location for it and said it would rise from the sea.) But his cachet was so great that the mystic groups of the time felt he must be right and then THEY "channeled" more information from Atlantis.

He was the one who came up with Mu, I believe, and/or Lemuria. The claims about those have not been borne out by ocean floor mapping. Over time, the claims have gotten more and more incredible, each springing from the others.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merger

So with regards to Lemuria....i believe to be true...with regards to crystals and atlantis, i believe to be true, however anything else perhaps the lie component of the sandwitch

Yet my question remains unanswered: What sort of crystals are they?

I'm assuming silicon dioxide because that's what most people mean when they talk about crystals. But for all I know it could be dilithium - thus proving the Atlanteans had warp engines to all them to go star trekking

And if it is silicon dioxide, would that mean it's similar to how a quartz watch works? Or, indeed, my computer (hey! I'm using Atlanetean technology as I write!)?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merger
HOWEVER, you did state this was in the early 1900's? Either this indicates that that channeling technology existed back then 'ie elite did have such technology' or that the spiritual information was coming from spirits/beings whatever....of an unethical nature...or that for their own agenda....

Actually, there's a third thing for you to consider -- it's not technology and in fact it's a fairly old method. "Channeling" is simply a form of trance/spiritualism, and (read the literature) is rife with hoaxes and fraud.

Spiritualism was popular in the late 1800's to mid 1900's and several pseudo-religions sprang from it. There's no "technology." The psychic goes into "trance" and starts speaking "in someone else's voice."

(I use quotes because most of the cases investigated turned out to be outright frauds. They would have assistants making weird rapping noises to convince the sitters that ghosts were tapping messages and fake ectoplasm. It's too long to go into here, but the whole story is rather shabby... and fascinating.)

So what you're seeing is not a "technology" but rather a social fad.

Trances and trance prophecies have been known for milennia. They're usually very useful when dealing with personal issues and they are almost always completely off the mark when dealing with Mysterious And Lost Civilizations.

For the record, the Mormon Bible is an example of a "channeled" text. So are the very modern "ancient Hindu" books about the "Vimanas."

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Merger,

Perhaps your not getting the point?

You said this :

Yes Atlantis did use crystals for technology..... and actually, even though it may not be related, it the cause of the Bermuda Triangle mystery....... apparently there are heaps of certain types of crystals in that area (at the base of the ocean) that it distorts energy somehow....

You claim to be getting your information from your imaginary buddy Stewart. Yet it's been shown by a few on here so far that the crystal usage aspect of atlantis originated through 'channelings' of Edgar Cayce. Where'd Mr. Stewy get his information if not from it's originator Mr. Cayce?

And yet you have this to say :

Heh, channeling, even though i'd like to believe it, I don't.

This is how the idea of Mu all started.

en.wikipedia.org...

The idea of Mu first appeared in the works of the antiquarian Augustus Le Plongeon (1825–1908), a 19th century traveler and writer who conducted his own investigations of the Maya ruins in Yucatán. He announced that he had translated the ancient Mayan writings, which supposedly showed that the Maya of Yucatán were older than the later civilizations of Atlantis and Egypt, and additionally told the story of an even older continent of Mu, which had foundered in a similar fashion to Atlantis, with the survivors founding the Maya civilization. (Later students of the Ancient Maya writings have found that Le Plongeon's "translations" were based on little more than his vivid imagination.)

Lemuria has it's origin's from the scientific community, but has since been dropped not that long after the idea was first form. It was used to originally explain or try to explain how lemur's got on madagascar. The new age concept of lemuria follows below.

en.wikipedia.org...

Lemuria entered the lexicon of the Occult through the works of Madame Blavatsky, who claimed in the 1880s to have been shown an ancient, pre-Atlantean Book of Dzyan by the Mahatmas. Within Blavatsky's complex cosmology, Lemuria was occupied by a "Third Root Race," which was sexually hermaphroditical, mentally undeveloped and spiritually more pure than the current "Fifth Root Race."

So you see Merger, our modern concepts of Lemuria or Atlantis using crystal technology originate from 'channelings' which you claim to not believe in. Mu, originate's from some moron who thought he saw the letter's M and U together and wrote up this wild story of a lost continent that doesn't exist.

Tesla's usage of ELF wave's was radio wave propagation and wireless
power transmission, not some super duper mind controlling channeling technology. Perhaps you can point to a source of information on that aspect that doesn't reek of new age you've got super duper psychic power's buy my book website's. Unfortunatley, I can't find any. I also noticed Stewarts website is very ... new agish. "Swerdlow Hyperspace Techniques" LOL. He speak's the universal language of hyperspace and claim's that the "unused" 90% of the brain is being used to communicate with the mind of god using the language of hyperspace ... Uh yea, the whole we only use 10% of our brain is an urban legend. We use 100% of our brains, and no, it's not for talking in the super duper hyperspace language.

Gullible:

• fleeceable: naive and easily deceived or tricked; "at that early age she had been gullible and in love"
  • easily tricked because of being too trusting; "gullible tourists taken in by the shell game"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join