It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanteans used crystals? Have we tried to duplicate technology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It is said that Atlanteans relied heavily on crystals as the basis for their technology. (Like the Goauld in Stargate maybe???? I just had to say it!!!) Whether or not I actually believe in Atlantis can be debated. However, has anyone tried using crystals in scientific experiments? Such as...using a crystal the same way you would use a CD to store information? Maybe if crystals can be used in such a fashion this would go a long way in proving that Atlantis or an advanced civilization actually existed long ago.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Who says they used crystals? Plato certainly didn't and his is the only account we have of Atlantis.

Besides, there is research in using molecules to store information, so one could sumise that alot of molecules could be formed into a crystal...

New Scientist - Molecular Storage

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Crystals enhance technology....... and even though new agers believe otherwise....... its dangerous to have crystals around the body..... crystals attract energy...not give out... the only way to disperse the energy of a crystal is to point a laser (or other technology) at it..and the stored energy is expelled.

Some crystals believing it heals cancer does a couple of things.... when you place it above the cancerous area (like if its internal) the crystal will pull the cancerous energy through the non cancerous cells and into the crystal..... this means the cancer spreads through the non cancerous tissue.... not very good..

Ok back to the initial question. Yes Atlantis did use crystals for technology..... and actually, even though it may not be related, it the cause of the Bermuda Triangle mystery....... apparently there are heaps of certain types of crystals in that area (at the base of the ocean) that it distorts energy somehow....

PS. world powers have atlantis technology...and will reveal it sooner or later...

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Ok back to the initial question. Yes Atlantis did use crystals for technology..... and actually, even though it may not be related, it the cause of the Bermuda Triangle mystery....... apparently there are heaps of certain types of crystals in that area (at the base of the ocean) that it distorts energy somehow....

I shall ask again....

How do you know this? The ONLY actual account of Atlantis is Plato, who does not describe anything about crystal technology.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
plato sounds like a dogs name.

he pobably made it up. And there's no-one to confirm whether he made it up. you can only assume its fiction, same as the 'crystals'.

why do you belive plato?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
plato sounds like a dogs name.

he pobably made it up. And there's no-one to confirm whether he made it up. you can only assume its fiction, same as the 'crystals'.

why do you belive plato?

Didn't say I did. Try reading my posts again.

I did say, however, that his is the only account of Atalantis, upon which everyone else bases their theories. Some wilder than others.

EDIT: I assume your joking about Plato, right? You do know who he is, yes?

[edit on 14/3/06 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I did say, however, that his is the only account of Atalantis, upon which everyone else bases their theories. Some wilder than others.

Does anyone actually know where the crystal idea came from? It would be nice to believe that an ancient civilisation had technology like that, but as far as I know, there isn't any evidence for it.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
yeah well you brits seem to know it.

there is no reason to cast aside anothers views of a devine city just because plato says how it is.
i am saying that he perhaps made his story off other rumours he heard in egypt, so if another person adds to the theory that doesn't make it impossible.
the story of atlantis has been told by many people through the generations. what's to say they didn't add their little bit to plato's account?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

I shall ask again....

How do you know this? The ONLY actual account of Atlantis is Plato, who does not describe anything about crystal technology.

Its not the 'only' source of information to atlantis...probably the only public one. My mentor worked for the secret govt for 25 years and this is my source of information.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What Cystals?

Sodium Chloride? Potassium Permanganate? Iron sulphide? Silicon Dioxide?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, the crystal usage idea come's from Edgar Cayce? It's true that Plato's account of Atlantis is the only ancient and original source of information we have on the city. He does say he got it from the Egyptian's, but I don't recall the Egyptians having anything written about this city, atleast nothing discovered yet.

People who claim to be psychic's adding on to the original account should not be out right believed, and those who claim to have super duper top secret friends in a super duper top secret government facility on a website that is more then likely monitored, should not be believed either. People will lie just to get attention. "Hey looky me looky me."

Atlantis may or may not exist. If it did, it wasn't some high tech civilization capable of interstellar travel that had friends living on Zeta Reticuli. There obviously hasn't been any civilization as advanced or more advanced as our own on this planet. Please people, exercise abit of common sense when reading into these claims. I know it sounds cool and all, but there's a fine line that needs to be drawn between fantasy and reality.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by Produkt]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I believe Edgar Cayce also spoke of Atlantis...and quartz crystal technology is already being used today in orgonite/cloudbusters...check out educate-yourself.org for more info

I love some of the logic already present though..'a guy's name sounds like a dogs name therefore he is discredible'

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleplane
I believe Edgar Cayce also spoke of Atlantis...and quartz crystal technology is already being used today in orgonite/cloudbusters...check out educate-yourself.org for more info

Heh ... Orgone energy cloudbusting ...

www.skepticwiki.org...

Later, Reich claimed to have discovered orgone energy's "evil twin", a black energy that he called DOR (for Deadly ORgone). DOR was supposedly caused by air pollution, putrefaction, radioactivity, high-energy electrical discharge, and just about anything else Reich thought of as foul or evil; it was also absorbed and "held" by water, which was why (as far as Reich was concerned) water can become stagnant. However, he quickly "discovered" a way to manipulate DOR and get rid of it. He believed that by attaching one end of a garden hose to the back end of an iron pipe, and submerging the other end of the hose in a source of fresh running water, DOR would be "drawn" into the pipe from great distances. He built a large array of such hose-attached pipes and put them on a mount that could be pointed toward any location in the sky. When this device drew DOR out of the atmosphere, so Reich reasoned, it would pull along any water-vapor clouds that the DOR was being held inside of. Reich dubbed this device a cloudbuster, and called the act of using it to affect weather patterns cloudbusting.

Orgone energy can be explained with thermal convection currents. This Riech was obviously ... just not right in the head.

en.wikipedia.org...
According to his theory, illness was primarily caused by depletion or blockages of the orgone energy within the body.

This is NOT what causes illness. If you are seriously sick, PLEASE goto a doctor, do NOT attempt to 'heal' yourself with mystical energies that don't exist. People, there is no such thing as magical orgone energies or magical super powerfull crystals that allow you to levitate by releasing orgasmic energies and willing yourself into the air.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Its not the 'only' source of information to atlantis...probably the only public one. My mentor worked for the secret govt for 25 years and this is my source of information.

Ok, I'm going to bite....

Who is your "mentor"...let me guess, you can't tell me.
What does he know?...let me guess, you can't tell me.
Where is Atlantis?......let me guess, you can't tell me.

Can we get some info about this "Mentor"? Making grandiose claims like that without any shred of evidence is tantamount to breaking the T's & C's....so come on, give us a bone and fill us in on what you know about Atlantis!

They also use and have used quartz crystals in watches and other time keeping gizmo's for years, so it's hardly amazing stuff.

Quartz

i am saying that he perhaps made his story off other rumours he heard in egypt, so if another person adds to the theory that doesn't make it impossible.
the story of atlantis has been told by many people through the generations. what's to say they didn't add their little bit to plato's account?

If I decided to randomly add bits to the General Theory of Relativity without any evidence, would that make my additions valid, merely because I added them?

Not very safe logic your operating under there my friend.

[edit on 14/3/06 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Who is your "mentor"...let me guess, you can't tell me.

Stewart Swerdlow

What does he know?...let me guess, you can't tell me.

I'd say he knows a lot.... go to amazon and search for 'Blue Blood True Blood - Conflict and Creation', 'Montauk - The Alien Connection', 'The Healers Handbook' and 'Hyperspace Helper'.... those are the main ones

Also read the threads in my signature - all of it is to do what I've learned from him.....

Where is Atlantis?......let me guess, you can't tell me.

He did tell me a while ago, but I can't remember to be honest with you..... I'd have to ask again... However all I know about Atlantis is that the beings that occupied it were called fondly enough 'Atlans', and were a sub-species that existed in the Plaedies star system....and were sent here to remove them from the Plaedies, if I recall, as a form of punishment.. (apparently they caused a lot of trouble there)..... They actually arrived here after the Draco who at the time occupied Lemuria (Australia being the largest existing part of Lemuria).....and a war of control broke out..... The Atlans won..which forced the Draco underground...

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
And somehow the mysterious Draco and Atlans along with all thier high technologies and civilization just up and vanished without a single trace and ONLY Plato's account of Atlantis is left existing leading you and some guy out to make a quick buck selling books to the gullible, to come to these conclusions.

www.answers.com...

Mr. Stewarts claims are but one 'story' for the Montauk hoax.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Their technologies did not just up and vanish? They've been using it for quite some time without public knowledge....

Oh dear, it hit a nerve in you didn't it. I suggest you read up more on the subject and make up your own mind rather than depending on a debunking website....

I suggest you read all books/sites you can find on PRO Montauk, and all ANTI Montauk, and then decide

Want a glimpse of what exists in Hyperspace? Look at the complex, extremely intricate designs of crop circles.....

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Stumason,
I really have a lot of respect for you and your attempts to educate the Great Unwashed. You too Produkt. I'm having similar difficulties in a couple of other threads on this very subject.

The motto here is supposed to be "Deny Ignorance" people, not "Maintain Ignorance." Here you have two guys trying to get you to look at the silliness of what you are saying, yet you cling to a comfortable ignorance rather than admit that there are people out there that actually know more than you do. When you are confronted with an opportunity to learn something, my advice to you would be not to run and hide, but to embrace it. Believe me, your need for enlightenment is painfully obvious, much more so than your posts reveal you to think.

Produkt and Stumason are using their brains, an activity at which they obviously have had a lot of experience. You all would do well to at least look into what they are saying. You know, try to debunk them with whatever factual information you can muster, instead of hiding behind pseudoscientist "mentors" or references. Of course, in cases like these, ignorance is a choice, not a condition. Since you all have free will, you are all free to remain ignorant if you wish.

Just try to remember the motto here.

Harte

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Harte,

I actually agree with you, and just for the record, I never mentioned any intelligence issues with the two you mentioned, I most certainly understand that they may be more intelligent than me...I dont think this is the issue though, is just that I know (from experience) that being totally left brained, ie analytical, doesnt actually answer all the questions......my constant left brain thinking gave me final stance on how I view religion..... it was actually also my left brain analysing that logic isnt the only way to view life..... so then I delved into the unusual or illogical things in life, which in effect gave balance to thought, and also used more of creativity with regards to artwork-digitil photo manipulation...and thus the right side of the brain.

I then found out that the west is more or less forced into being a left brained society, with the more often than not, forcing children to use their right hands for writing, and kicking a ball with their right foot.... then the highest paying jobs end up being left brain thinkers, ie architects, engineers etc.. etc.. (of course the exceptions of popular musicians and artists which are right brained people...but the majority...not high paying unfortunately)....

So that lead me to believing that UFOs are possible (and anything related to the paranormal as well) and thus my stance on believing my mentor..... Everyone has mentors, society wouldnt function without any...parents are mentors, school teachers are mentors, friends are mentors........ I just happen to choose someone whom I believe, and that has worked for the secret govt.

If he was a conman, of evil intent, spreading lies.......then my 5 year friendship with this man is based on lies.....meaning everything he has ever told me are lies.... can someone actually lie for that long to someone that you classify as friends? Possibly, but unlikely.....

Unless you take the stance that Im conspiring with him in telling lies....... of course thats a choice you have to make yourself........ is everything I say on here a lie?

Also, "ignorance" works both ways.... myself being ignorant on opinions of the two mentioned....or also perhaps their ignorance in denying the possibility that things I say are true...

So what is the answer.........and I think I mentioned it before.... read up on everything you can PRO-ANTI on whatever you like, then make up your mind.

Kind Regards
Merger

[edit on 14/3/06 by Merger]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I then found out that the west is more or less forced into being a left brained society, with the more often than not, forcing children to use their right hands for writing, and kicking a ball with their right foot.... then the highest paying jobs end up being left brain thinkers, ie architects, engineers etc.. etc.. (of course the exceptions of popular musicians and artists which are right brained people...but the majority...not high paying unfortunately)....

I'm right handed, but was never 'forced' to be lol. It's not fully understood what causes left/right handed usage, but there are a few theories out there that you might be interested in learning about.

en.wikipedia.org...

* Right-handedness is the most common. Right-handed people are more dextrous with their right hands when doing any task.

* Left-handedness is less common than right handedness. Left-handed people are more dextrous with their left hands when doing any task

So that lead me to believing that UFOs are possible (and anything related to the paranormal as well) and thus my stance on believing my mentor..... Everyone has mentors, society wouldnt function without any...parents are mentors, school teachers are mentors, friends are mentors........

I'm sorry but, I'm not following you on this one? Because people are naturally more right handed and linguisticly left brained this would lead you to conclude that UFO's and paranormal event's are real?

I just happen to choose someone whom I believe, and that has worked for the secret govt.

How do you know he worked in the secret government? How do you know there even is a secret government of this sort? Because he says so in a book you picked up for $14.95?

If he was a conman, of evil intent, spreading lies.......then my 5 year friendship with this man is based on lies.....meaning everything he has ever told me are lies.... can someone actually lie for that long to someone that you classify as friends? Possibly, but unlikely.....

David Icke anyone? There's many people you lie. How can any of us be sure your not lying about being friends with an obvious liar.

Unless you take the stance that Im conspiring with him in telling lies....... of course thats a choice you have to make yourself........ is everything I say on here a lie?

You need not be conspiring with him. But, it's not entirely impossible that you could be doing nothing more then seeking attention or trying to sound as if you "know" you stuff and have really cool inside "info".

Also, "ignorance" works both ways.... myself being ignorant on opinions of the two mentioned....or also perhaps their ignorance in denying the possibility that things I say are true...

Far from being ignorant. I took the time to learn about both claims. There's nothing indicative that orgone energy is real, that there are alien visitor abductin our livestock or super advanced reptillian overlords from the evil fourth dimension who've been running a secret NWO program for the past 10,000 years and just haven't yet been able to pull one over on us. There's a difference between fantasy and reality. Some people have trouble making that distinction.

Their technologies did not just up and vanish? They've been using it for quite some time without public knowledge....

Really, and this is why there's over 20 million books sold by a variety of author's all claiming to have this exact kind of knowledge, but 99% don't even tell the same story and nearly all claim to be a big part of it.

Oh dear, it hit a nerve in you didn't it. I suggest you read up more on the subject and make up your own mind rather than depending on a debunking website....

No nerve hit. Sorry to dissapoint you. And no, I didn't pick up the information on a debunking website.

I suggest you read all books/sites you can find on PRO Montauk, and all ANTI Montauk, and then decide

What make's you think I haven't looked into both sides? Is it because I came to a different conclusion then you have?

Want a glimpse of what exists in Hyperspace? Look at the complex, extremely intricate designs of crop circles.....

If I'm not mistaken, crop circles are hoax's/man made. The people who've made them have confessed. If super advanced ET were going to try and contact us openly, do you really honestly think he'd ruine a food source crop with an extremly cryptic symbol? I doubt ET is that stupid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join