It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video from al jazeera questioning the muslim culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Link to the Al Jazeera video

I think it's important to see this courageous woman voice her thoughts. For someone to openly critizise the muslim way of thinking takes some true guts.

I think that the extreme religious viewers will be outraged, but hopefully it will start a debate that might lead up to some self criticism and, in the long run plant a seed of tolerance.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This was already posted awhile ago

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
DOH! MY extreme bad.. Mods feel free to delete this thread and curse me..

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Still a great post and deserves to be advertised again

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clownface
Link to the Al Jazeera video

I think it's important to see this courageous woman voice her thoughts. For someone to openly critizise the muslim way of thinking takes some true guts.

I think that the extreme religious viewers will be outraged, but hopefully it will start a debate that might lead up to some self criticism and, in the long run plant a seed of tolerance.

What are your thoughts?

she didnt actually have any good points. what she actually did was condem arab/middle eastern culture not islamic culture because muslims live in every part of the world and between them have many races from africans, arabs, persians, pakistani/indians/ malaysians, indonesians, checnyans, russians etc.... behaviour of people is dictated by there location infact nearly pretty ,much all the things she said can also be applied to arab christians becuase there a part of the local culture.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
also her point about mohammed fighting until they belive is also retarded becuase she doesnt know what shes talking about if you look back on that part historically you would realise that they attacked him and he had to fight to save himself and his people so that point of hers is null and void becuase she made it look like he started the fight to convert people when infact they attacked him for claiming to be a prophet.

secondly she says muslim women are treated like beasts this is also untrue it depends on what part of the world you live in for example if you live in the 3rd world all women are pretty much treated the same compared to the first world so its unfair to compare 3rd world witht he first world. secondly muslims women have the same right as a non-muslims women for example in pakistan they already have had a female president also in other asian countries like malaysia/indonesia have also had female presidents also in these countries a women has the right to vote and participate int he government .

what she was doing is taking arab problems and blaiming them on the muslims becuase the majority of what she says doesnt apply to people outside the middleeast. outside the middle east in muslim countries women have the right to work, goto school, drive cars, vote, become president etc... for example in pakistan a women can become a fighter pilot for the air force something which would be almost unheard of in the middle east.

her pionts where weak and retarded at best. it actually goes to show that she doesnt know what she was talking about and was ranting rather then having clear thought in what she was saying.

new topics

top topics

join