It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Japanese supersonic engine for civilian plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I read this in my "AERO magazin"then i go to find something on internet.

news.bbc.co.uk...

They will made smaller jets from 10-20 passenger for business-man and for V.I.P. purpose.
Is supersonic plane for civilian use profitabile?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Right now, supersonic transports aren't cost effective. The limitations on supersonic flight are so strict that it's just not worth it.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If they not use that engine in milatary use that will be throwing their money. And Japanese never throw the money. Is japanese have some air industry?

[edit on 14-3-2006 by Serbian_SPIRIT]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Several countries are currently working on new supersonic transports that won't have the restrictions on them that the Concorde had. The biggest problem now is that they can't go supersonic within 200 or 250 miles of land. They're trying to develop a plane that will go supersonic without the massive shockwave that planes currently have when they go past Mach 1.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serbian_SPIRIT
If they not use that engine in milatary use that will be throwing their money. And Japanese never throw the money. Is japanese have some air industry?

[edit on 14-3-2006 by Serbian_SPIRIT]

Of course they do. Numerous firms are subcontractosrs of american manufacturers. For example take a look at the Boeing 777 and Boeing 787 Dreamliner programs.

www.boeing.com...

www.boeing.com...

[edit on 14-3-2006 by carcharodon]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
If they were able to d6 this they would also have to find a way to get rid of the G-forces at mach speeds. Does anyone know of any sort of technology that does this? Some sort of inertial dampener maybe?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The Japanese have been working on SST engines as part of their ESPRC and [someother similar ancroym as well] engine acoustics program for some time now.

They see the justification being high speed transport to the US West coast and Australia.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Reminds me of teh american QSST...

Zaphod... I disagree...

Supersonic civilians planes will get more common... Maybe during the next 10-20... When the QSST will be built, only rich peoples will fly with them... but after that... I promise you... You'll fly in a supersonic plane one day... Mark my words

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Only way I can think of to get rid of a sonic boom is to cancel it out, create a reverse wave of some sort. How much more can you do with aerodynamics? An interesting challenge for designers all the same.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Traveling at Mach 1-2 etc doesnt neccesarily imply large G-forces. Its the acceleration to those high speeds that causes those problems. As long as the acceleration is long enough the g-forces arent a problem. (as they did with concorde)

new topics

top topics

join