It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Ship 1 Pilot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Some of you have seen the NASA space videos of UFOs everywhere (whether they're meteors or alien craft). And most of you are aware of Space Ship 1 - the privatized space craft that went into space for the X-prize. Info on it here:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I've seen brief video footage of his flight above the curve of the Earth. (He's well into space to help my question.)

Would he not see the same things we've seen in the videos from NASA as numerous as they are? In the possibility he indeed did, I wonder what he had to sign to keep himself quiet with the public about the matter. Just something interesting - If I can find video where it shows a few seconds of him being in space I'll be sure to post it.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Considering the brief amount of time Space Ship 1 spent in space compared to the amount NASA has been there, I would say the odds are against it. NASA has thousands of hours of footage. Out of those thousands, there are only a handful of sightings that are difficult at all to explain. I wouldn't qualify those few as "numerous".

I'm also sure the pilot was busy doing other things for the few seconds he was in space. Even if there was anything to observe, I doubt he would have noticed it.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Just a thought, I'm sure he would of taken atleast a few seconds to gaze at space and look around before he began his descent - who wouldn't. Again - just a thought.

If there is a push for commercial space flight - how will that be approached. How high can they indeed fly, because when you get out into space, who knows what you might be able to witness.

The emphasis here now is commercial space flight - how will it be treated.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The first commerical space flight by some body other then NASA, will probably go something like this:

The ship goes into space, around the planet. Explosion. No one knows what happened. NASA blaims it on shuttle foam. NASA halts further flights. And we never know what really happened.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
SS1 didn't even get into orbit. Mike Mellvill barely had time to unleash the M&M in his pocket before preparing for re-entry. he also had to worry about the loud "clunk" he heard when the negies shut off and he was worried that half of the ship was torn off and he would be making a quick trip to the ground on re-entry.

I think there were a LOT of other things on his mind then UFOs

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
That.. I did not know
thank you - Just I remember watching a video of aircraft on the discovery channel I think it was and it showed a brief clip of his time in space, maybe it wasn't that high, noticed a huge curve on the earth and the darkness of space so I figured he was high enough!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
He was sub-orbital. Just like the First US astronaut into space Alan shepard. But his altitude was beyond the 100km barrier which by all scientists, FAA, and officals, is the dividing line between atmosphere, and outer space.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
If I was to bet the private sector against some government organization I'd say the private sector can do the same job for a third of the money and three times as fast.

jra

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
If I was to bet the private sector against some government organization I'd say the private sector can do the same job for a third of the money and three times as fast.

But private organizations are about making money. Right now there isn't a lot of money to be made by flying in space. And technically, it is the private sector that builds all the stuff NASA has, but with gov't funding and contracts.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yeah his altitude was clear of were NASA astronauts would get their "wings" for going into outer space.

He couldn't have won the X-prize without doing that. Thats really what he set out to do not go into orbit.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
One problem with privatisation of space is that there isn't enopugh profit invovled. and one Muffed launch could ruin dozens of investors. tho whole idea of the X-prize was to make space travel feasable and eventually allow it to be used by the common man.

It took over 30 years since the first Manned powered flight to allow commercial air travel. Now after a little less then 100 years anyone with a few hundreds of dollars can ride in an aircraft insteado f train or drive

It might take 30-50 years, but eventually I can see people taking a sub-robital to London... or maybe even taking a vaction on the moon at some swanky resort

new topics

top topics

join