It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Is Steven Colbert is a Genius?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just wanted to do a poll here.

Is Steven Colbert ('Colbert Report')a comedic genius?

YES?
or
NO?

========================================================

I say YES.
As far as doing what he does...
He does it perfectly...
PERFECTLY!...
It cannot be done any better...

True artist!

[edit on 3/13/2006 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I'm a fan also, I watch the show every night. I agree he is a genius.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yes! Those evil bears have been let go far to long! Chicago BEARS! California has a BEAR on it's flag, and whats this? a BEAR market!

Thanks to Stephen Colbert we can finally start fighting BEARS!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yes Stephen Colbert is a genius. I like how instead of having his guest come out, he runs to wherever the guest is sitting so that he can be applauded instead of the guest. That is hillarious.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yeah, his mockery of shows like the O'Reilly Factor is pretty brilliant.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yes. I love him. Watch him every night after Jon (who I like even better)

I love how Cobert 'pretends' to be ultra conservative to point out the foibles of the ultra conservatives.

"Cut off his mike"!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Colbert: Great Pundit or The Greatest Pundit?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
While I like them both, I think Colbert's surpassed Jon Stewart by far. He's definately a comedic genius, very natural with improv comedy.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Absolutely!

I'm glad you all see it!

I must say that his is the sharpest, most witty performance that I can remember.
Even his mannerisms are polished to perfection.

AND, all at a non-stop, machine gun cadence that certainly reveals the level of Talent!

What is his background?
Anyone know?

As far as comparisons to Stewart, I try not to do so, although it is natural. Although it may really seem otherwise, essentially it is apples to oranges comparison.

Jon Stewart is brilliant but he could not do what colbert does given the freedom, BUT colbert does not have the charisma Stewart posesses.

2 totally different roles.

[edit on 3/15/2006 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
stephen colbert

www.imdb.com...

Biography for
Stephen Colbert

Height
5' 9½" (1.77 m)
Spouse
Evelyn McGee-Colbert (? - present) 3 children
Trivia

An alumnus of the Second City and Annoyance Theatre in Chicago, Illinois. Graduated from Northwestern University in 1986.

Provided the voice of Ace for "Saturday Night Live" (1975)'s "The Ambiguously Gay Duo" segments. The voice of Gary is provided by fellow "The Daily Show" (1996) correspondent Steve Carell.

Is deaf in one ear.

The youngest of eleven children.

Is married with three children.

Is a huge Lord of the Rings fan and has an encyclopedic knowledge of the series. Specifically recorded an entire biography of LOTR character Aragorn from memory when Viggo Mortensen appeared on The Daily Show. Mortensen kindly sent Colbert a platter full of LOTR characters carved out of chocolate.

Most of the shows he has been a part of are on Comedy Central. These shows are "Exit 57" (1995), "The Daily Show" (1996), "Strangers with Candy" (1999) and "The Colbert Report" (2005).

Was included in the Peabody Award given to the "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Indecision 2000" and "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Indecision 2004" for "Offering biting political satire, these scintillating segments had something droll and amusing to say about almost everything and everyone associated with American politics and the presidential election."

The deafness in one ear could explain the way he holds his head sometimes, something he has worked into his characterization.

How do you summarize the life of someone as awesome as Stephen Colbert? I don't know, but it sure is my privilege to try!

Stephen T. Colbert (the "T" stands for "Truth"…actually it's Tyrone) grew up in Charleston, South Carolina, which is the cultural center of the South. Some people say Savannah, Georgia is, but does Savannah have the Roper Hospital School of Practical Nursing? I don't think so!

(more...) www.colbertnation.com...

Just in case you wanted to know more about him.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Also, like Daily SHow, he has far better guests then CLinton News Network or Faux News, how is that?

Faux News Guest List
Ann the Man
Ann the Man
KKK Grand Wizard
Ann the Man
Wolf Blitzkreig
Ann the Man
Neo Nazi Leader
Ann the Man

Clinton News Network
PETA President
GreenPeace
Peta
Greenpeace
Liberal R Us

Daily SHow
Bill CLinton
John Kerry
COlin Powell
John McCain
Barack Obama
Former President Carter
Hilary CLinton
Big Time Star
Big Time Star
Bill "Poppa Bear"(Godless killing machines!) Reilly
Howard Dean
Big Time Author
STEVE CARELL!!!(From 40 year old virgin)

Colbert Report
Big Time Reporter
Representitive from New York's Fighting 7th District
More like that from different places
Big Time Poker Player(And quite the hottie)
Big Time Author

Look at that, Daily Show and Colbert Report get politicians, authors, actors, other reporters, while Faux News gets someone who is banned from Tokyo cause last time she was there thr Japanese military was called out on a Godzilla attack. And Clinton News Network has a bunch of tree hugging animal lovers.

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Big fan. I actually think he has brough a little more humor to the O'Reilly show now that some of his idiosynchracies have been pointed out....

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Steve Colbert is a comedic genius. I like him alot.

but I have crush on Jon Stewart so obviously you know who I like better

top topics

join