It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scholars Affirm Cheney Complicity in 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Experts conclude Vice President possessed foreknowledge and suggest Moussaoui trial a "distraction"

Duluth, MN (PRWEB) March 12, 2006

--A society of experts and scholars contends that the prosecution of Zacarias Moussaoui--for willfully concealing advance knowledge of the events of 9/11--has the status of a Soviet-style "show trial" and functions as a diversion from the real culprits. The nonpartisan group, Scholars for 9/11 Truth, asserts that the evidence implicating Vice President Dick Cheney of that very offense is more obvious and compelling. If they are even remotely correct, then the alleged terrorists appear to have been cast in the role of "patsies."

The experts base their conclusion on testimony presented to the 9/11 Commission by U.S. Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta on May 23, 2003, which was omitted from its final report, and on related events at the Pentagon. Members of the society will present their findings during a press conference to be held at 1 PM on Tuesday at the United States Courthouse in Alexandria, VA, the location of a trial to determine whether Moussaoui, who is called "the 20th hijacker", should serve a life term or receive the death sentence.

"Mineta's testimony is devastating," observed James H. Fetzer, Ph.D., McKnight Professor at the University of Minnesota. Fetzer is the founder and co-chair of the scholars' society, which recently joined with Judicial Watch in calling for release of documents, films and videos, and physical evidence withheld from the public by the administration. "It pulls the plug on the Commission's contention there was no advance warning that the Pentagon was going to be hit."

According to Secretary Mineta's testimony, which is in the public domain, when he (Mineta) arrived at an underground bunker at the White House (known as the Presidential Emergency Operations Center), the Vice President was in charge. "During the time that the airplane was coming in to the Pentagon", he stated, "there was a young man who would come in and say to the Vice President, 'The plane is 50 miles out.' 'The plane is 30 miles out.'

"And when it got down to, 'The plane is 10 miles out,'" Mineta continued, "the young man also said to the Vice President, 'Do the orders still stand?' And the Vice President turned and whipped his neck around and said, 'Of course the orders still stand. Have you heard anything to the contrary?'" One way to construe these remarks could be that the orders were to shoot down the plane.

The scholars suggest that that is an implausible interpretation. The Pentagon, they observe, may be the most heavily defended building in the world. If the orders had been to "shoot it down," then no doubt it would have been shot down. Moreover, there would have been no apparent reason for the young man to have expressed concern over whether or not "the orders still stand." Shooting it down, under the circumstances, would have been the thing to do.

"The only reasonable interpretation of the orders," Fetzer observed, "is that the incoming aircraft should not be shot down, which would have been an obvious source of anxiety for an aide. Since it contradicts the official story about the Pentagon," he added, "it had to be suppressed and was not even included in The 9/11 Commission Report." And other scholars, including Professor David Ray Griffin of Claremont Graduate University, have drawn the same conclusion.

Philip J. Berg, Esq., Former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania and a past candidate for Governor, Lt. Governor, and U.S. Senate from Pennsylvania, who is a member of Scholars for 9/11 Truth, added, "Those who made it happen were obviously in the position to know that it was going to happen and therefore could have sounded a warning alarm. The case against Cheney is more powerful than the case against Moussaoui. No one is more culpable than the perpetrators. If Moussaoui deserves the death penalty, what does our Vice President deserve?"

Berg also represents William Rodriguez, a WTC witness, in a RICO lawsuit against officials in the administration for complicity in the events of 9/11. Other members of the society include Robert Bowman, head of the "Star Wars" program in both Democratic and Republican administrations; Morgan Reynolds, former Chief Economist for the Department of Labor in the Bush administration; Andreas von Buelow, former assistant defense minister of Germany; Steven E. Jones, a professor of physics from Brigham Young University and the society's co-chair; and Griffin, a noted theologian and author of The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions.

Members of the society point to other indications of advance knowledge, which include volumes of put-options placed by betting that the stock value of United and American Airlines would drop. The SEC has detailed information about those who placed the options, which it has not released to the public. "Time and time again," Fetzer remarked, "evidence that would expose the official account to be a deception and a hoax intended to manipulate the nation has been concealed."

According to Fetzer, experts in the society of scholars, including pilots and aeronautical engineers, physicists and mechanical engineers, have established that flying these planes would have been beyond the "hijackers" capabilities, that it would have been virtually impossible for cell phone calls to have been placed during those flights, and that even the Saudi Arabian Embassy has long confirmed that several of the accused "hijackers" did not die on 9/11.

"It does not take rocket science to infer that, if these guys were killed in the crash of these aircraft, then they cannot be alive and well and living in Saudi Arabia," he remarked, "yet the FBI has not bothered to revise its list of suspects." Other studies available on the society's web site at www.st911.org indicate that the passenger manifests for the four flights did not include the names of the hijackers nor were autopsies conducted on them.

"A growing body of evidence supports the inference that these 19 men were patsies for forces within the United States government," Fetzer concluded. "This trial appears to be yet one more illustration of Karl Rove's policy of 'creating our own reality' to serve the political goals of the administration, even when it comes at the cost of the lives and the security of the American people. The idea that Bush is 'the security president' is just a cruel joke!"

Documentary support for the conclusions reported here may be found at the Scholars for 9/11 Truth web site at www.st911.org.

# # #

For Further Information:

James H. Fetzer, Ph.D.
Founder and Co-Chair
Scholars for 9/11 Truth
(218) 726-7269 (office)
(218) 724-2706 (home)
(218) 726-7119 (fax)
www.st911.org...

Philip J. Berg, Esq.
706 Ridge Pike
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444
(800) 993-7445 (office)
(610) 834-7659 (fax)
(610) 662-3005 [cell]
www.911forthetruth.com...

[edit on 13-3-2006 by XenonCodex]

Mod Edit: Removed all caps title.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
grab your popcorn...

hopefully this makes the mainstream media.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by noto
grab your popcorn...

My thoughts exactly.

Hopefully something will come of this. Even if a few people are permanently gagged, so to speak, that would be better than nothing resulting from this, which somehow happens even with court cases filed against officials (ie Rodriguez vs. Bush, et al: what ever became of that case?).

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
At first I worried about the timing because the trial has been halted.....but actually it's probably even better because all the press will be there just waiting for more news on the trial and the Scholars will be able to step in and grab the spotlight!

Tomorrow could very well prove to be an historical day for the movement.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Oh man, that's priceless.

I guess the temporary lightning rods have exhausted their usefullness, and it's time to set up for the next good cop.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Can anyone provide the actual testimony that Norman Mineta gave? I would be very interested to read it all, rather than one or two lines.

Has this Mineta spoken out or complained that his testimony wasn't included in the report?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am very pleased that a group of scholars are working towards finding the truth.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
and you guys think the government it trying to work you over. This is nothing more than a second hand comment that someone chooses to interpret.

Has Cheney ever been called out on this statement? Who is the guy who recieved the order, notice that it cleverly does not mention that. Plus, I don't think an airman would cause Cheney to 'spin his head' if the kid questioned him. He told Senator Leahy to F-off, so I am sure this kid did not rattle him in that way.

Would what you have done if the plane was 30 miles out? Would you have shot it down with all those passengers? Please answer this for me.

Plus, look into Norman Mineta and you may find some interesting things like that he is a Berkley grad who went into Arm yIntel, and he served as a VP at Lockheed Martin. He is an old school politician and it may explain the silence.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Oh, Esdad, give it up.

Jeeeess, you're entitled to whatever you think. You're like an armchair general.

Wake up and smell the coffee, Jimmeyney Crickets= You are so totally brainwashed its not funny.

A group of scholars affirmed this. Who do you want to affirm it, God?

I am not trying to be disrespectful here, and those who know me know i am the last one to insult anyone, but i cant deal with you.

I asked you a question a few weeks ago and you never answered.

Here it is again:

Have you now or since Bush took over thought any of their activities were questionable???????

I can see you love the Republican party, hell, i have voted Republican on many occasions. Forget about your blind love for a moment.

Do you actually think this government we currently have has the best intentions at heart for the world and humanity???

I'll go pop some corn and wait. I already know what the answer is going to be but i want to hear the reasoning behind it.

One more thing- I love Clinton.
Do i think he's a pig and deserved impeachment? YES.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
First, yes, Clinton was a good president, and in fact I voted for him in 96. Did he make some mistakes with foriegn policy and decision making, yes.

I am not playing armchair general, I am playing devils advocate to these 'scholars'. Sorry, but a title like scholars means nothing, Einstien was a patent clerk, so go figure.

I am not blind, but I am not worried about my government either. I worry more about individual states rights and the fact that as a nation, we are splitting apart more than I do some black helicopter is going to come take me away for posting to a conspiracy site.

If you step back and look at the big picture, no, my country is not doing anything wrong or questionable except allowing old people and children to die in the streets of the UNITED STATES. Now that pisses me off.

Do I think we should have invaded Iraq? No, I think that Hussien keep the #es at bay and held off a civil war in that country for over 20 years. He should not have bragged about his WMD's. and his sons would still be alive.

Should we withdraw? Yes, it cannot hurt our country as a whole, but what about the fate of Iraq. Can we now allow it to be influenenced by the Iranian #es or can we help them to have a democratically led society. I do not blame the US for Iraqs current state, I blame Iraq.

and last but not least, I feel that our government has done nothing worse than any previous administration. Bush is such an easy target, easier than past presidents, and he gets the brunt of it. I have criticized him, as I do not look upon him as a god, far from it. This is not Rome.

What I find strange is that Cheney, Bush sr. and Rummy have been running things since before NIxon and no one ever mentions this.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ok, glad to see you can see some things.....

I agree with you and what you said. Its not that i want to convert you, but i do need to know how you feel about things.

Who knows, i hope you turn out to be the one who is right about all of this.
By no means do i want to be right nor do i want the total destruction of this world by a few.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am not for the destruction of the world, rather the I am for the protection of my family.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here is the video evidence:

tyrannyalert.com...

I want to know once we get these criminals convicted can we go after those who have supported the official lie from the beginning. Charge them for being an accessory after the fact?

Like those folks on the 911 commission or all those dis-info & Cointelpro agents and alike

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No, the only criminals involved in 9/11 died in the plane crash or are hiding in Afghanistan/Paki or fighting the fight in Iraq.

With your line of reasoning I should be arrested since I buy into the the official story when in fact what you are stating is actually treasonous according to a dictionary. Who is right, and who is wrong?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
Can anyone provide the actual testimony that Norman Mineta gave? I would be very interested to read it all, rather than one or two lines.

Has this Mineta spoken out or complained that his testimony wasn't included in the report?

There is a paper with many of the Mineta quotes available here:

www.911blogger.com...

PDF paper

top topics

join