It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush deserves an apology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
"Bush deserves an apology" over the war in Iraq, says Fox News channel. It was stated that "Bush was misled as to the capabilities of Sadam Hussain's weapons strength" and, therefore, deserves an apology from his critics.

www.foxnews.com
There is no direct link to this story as FoxNews.com have not yet released it to their web site .
(Sky T.V. 1.00am report) Fox news says that Bush deserves an apology because Sadam Hussain wanted everyone to believe that he had weapons of mass distruction. Implying that he was relying on his stock of chemical and germ warfare weapons to evade invasion.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Unhappy with the aforementioned broadcast, I feel this is just more spin from the pro war sections trying to sway the opinions of the impartial.
The unending and repetitive excuses provided to evade blame for the control of the Iraq nation are becoming tiresome. Surely it would be more of sane mind to quit while you are ahead and try to improve the current situation to benefit all, than simply justify the error of judgement.
It is now past 2.00am and there is no update on the FoxNews.com site

[edit on 13-3-2006 by xSMOKING_GUNx]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ow, my head hurts from the spin--Linda Blair has nothing on me! You know, my tax dollars were spent on billions and billions (say it like Carl Sagan so it doesn't hurt so much ('
')) of spying, etc NSA, CIA, alphabet soup etc. and we didn't know about Iraq? Well, we got fooled by Iran in late 70's, and
Iran was our listening post for Russia. (Oh, wait, Russia was Rice's expertise, not the mideast) So what's new? Actually, we did know about Iraq. We knew we wanted to start a war with them and needed something to make our reasons a slam dunk. So we looked at what our analysts said about our intel (gathered by spending billions and billions) and said, nope not good enough, doesn't fit.

For heavens sake, even I saw every night over and over again ad naseum, Saddam's wmd--his rifle and sword and, oh yeah, some missile(?) on a donkey cart. Come on, citizens. You were had!

Hey, like a car salesman who says he'll beat any price (all s/he has to do is offer 1 cent less!) Bush said we'ld be in Iraq for only as long as needed and not one day more. And I'll bet you thought, "Good, we'll be out in 6 months, short war."

[edit on 13-3-2006 by desert]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
No. Bush deserves impeachment.

We deserve an apology.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There will be no impeachment, as that would show that the aforementioned News story has some traction.
Up until the US, and allies landed on Iraqi soil. The presence of WMD's was
a virtual truth to leaders all over the free world.
But you already know that, it's just conveniently ignored.

The "where are the WMD's?" mantra gained a foothold due to that conveniently ignored fact.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
As the leader of the world's only super power, Mr Bush needs to take accountability for his actions.

This "not my fault" excuse is simply childish.

He has the blood of many on his hands..

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
He deserves more than an apology. He deserves the support of every American. He's done the best that one man can do at a very difficult job. His only concern is to see that every red-blooded American is safe from harm.

The only reason that I feel that he's president is that it was meant to be, so all you critics need to stop the criticism and support him. He may not be perfect but he's the only person fit to do the difficult tasks that are currently facing this administration.

So be it!

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that Hussein did have WMD prior to U.S. invasion. All evidence of manufacturing was removed along with the weapons and transported across the Syrian border the week before our troops and weapons inspectors arrived to search. Syria is a gigantic open back door for smuggling arms, terrorists and cash in and out of Iraq. As for Bush needing or getting an apology, I don't see that happening. Not saying Bush's nose is clean in this mess, but don't be naive and fooled by the press into believing that the old Iraqi regime didn't have WMD's and serious high threat capability.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So why haven't we invaded Syria? I don't get it, if we have all this evidence that the WMDs are in Syria why isn't it on Fox News? Why haven't we bombed Syria?

Oh wait, because it is BS!!!! It isn't true, Saddam only had the WMD's Reagan and Bush Sr. sold him! Which expired more then 10 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!

He didn't have WMDs, but he did have oil, which doomed him.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
The fact of the matter is that Hussein did have WMD prior to U.S. invasion. All evidence of manufacturing was removed along with the weapons and transported across the Syrian border the week before our troops and weapons inspectors arrived to search.

do you have any proof to back that up with?

bush owes the iraqi people an apology for destroying their country based on false information. bush owes the family members of those who died on 9/11 an apology for focusing his attention on iraq and leaving saudi arabia and osama bin laden to get off scot free.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Go Fox yourself
The only reason for the war in Iraq is the oil. No wonder Bush wants to make the US independent of foreign oil when they just make it american the ol' hillbilly-way; shooting first, then don't bother to ask.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Bush deserves the following, in this order
1) Impeachment
2) A trial for War Crimes
3) A guilty verdict
4) A bullet in the head
5) His body dismembered and every part taken to different parts of the globe as a warning to deter any other budding dictators out there.

Then we should dismember all major political parties and start again for the benefit of THE PEOPLE, not the GLOBALISTS and BANKSTERS.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
He deserves more than an apology. He deserves the support of every American. He's done the best that one man can do at a very difficult job. His only concern is to see that every red-blooded American is safe from harm.

The only reason that I feel that he's president is that it was meant to be, so all you critics need to stop the criticism and support him. He may not be perfect but he's the only person fit to do the difficult tasks that are currently facing this administration.

So be it!

Posts like this which promote blind obedience really make me wonder about the sanity of a very large proportion of the US population.

First of all sending thousands of "red-blooded Americans" into war where they are killed, mutilated, and brain damaged (three times as many brain damaged as dead because of the effects of modern body armour and explosions) is not keeping them "safe from harm".

Secondly, your sense of destiny (that Bush's presidency was meant to be) is very quaint but patently absurd.

You are in a dwindling minority of hardcore fantasists. Approval is less than 40% and still nose diving. Perhaps it's time you opened your eyes and re-evaluated the situation.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have found the video link to this article has now been posted on FoxNews.com if anybody is interested.

I am having trouble getting a direct link to the video but if you go to FoxNews.com. About halfway down the page you will find this article:

THE O'REILLY FACTOR
Bill's Talking Points
Good news and bad news for President Bush about Iraq

There are a few big names being dropped and expectant ears awaiting apologys, which, in my opinion will still be waiting in years to come.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Saddam had a WMD program up until the late 90s. He stopped working on it after UN inspections made it impossible to continue. He needed to keep up pretenses to act as a deterrent against Iran, so did not publicize the termination of that program.

The UN knew this, and so did various intelligence agencies... so why didn't our leadership? The fact is, they could have, they just chose to ignore those parts of the government that tried to tell them what turned out to be the truth.

To say Bush deserves an apology because he cherry picked his intelligence to make a case for war is just an attempt to play off of people's general lack of knowledge about how intelligence is presented to the President and what exactly the state of affairs was regarding that intelligence. He had the right intelligence all along.

And even if this wasn't true, what is Fox trying to say? The CIA should be excused from getting the right intel if someone lies to them? If Saddam said he had nukes in every city in the US, were we just going to surrender to Iraq because we weren't able to figure out if he was lying or not? What the heck is our intelligence apparatus for in that case? It's not like there wasn't already a precedent of overestimating the military capacity of your opponents, or intelligence failures in general.

The saddest part is, that most journalists, including Bill O'Reilly, know all this. They just don't care if they're spreading confusion over the record, because it gets ratings... it's not news, it's a form of entertainment, but a lot of people can't tell the difference and it's dividing the country and preventing our leaders from being held accountable.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by koji_K]

[edit on 14-3-2006 by koji_K]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
He deserves an apology????

Aww, what do you say to this???

I cant find the words...

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
There will be no impeachment, as that would show that the aforementioned News story has some traction.
Up until the US, and allies landed on Iraqi soil. The presence of WMD's was
a virtual truth to leaders all over the free world.
But you already know that, it's just conveniently ignored.

The "where are the WMD's?" mantra gained a foothold due to that conveniently ignored fact.
Shame shame shame....My friend speaking this way

I thought by now your cleared lungs would also have cleared your mind.

If anyone deserves an apology, BIG TIME, its us, the citizens of the United States of America, and...the world at large. The parents of the slain soldiers, and the maimed. The 3000 who died on 9/11 under the pretext of an outside attack....I could go on and on and on......Let me throw in here also the children caught in the crossfire in Iraq......

An apology for all the lies would be nice too....

Oh, i know i can get in trouble if i go on, so, i'm out of here.

I'm just on a roll today. Forgive me. I still love ya.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Look, it's not like excuses counted in the real of power politics, so i strongly suggest you take a look at the concepts of responsibility, negligience and so on.

Listening only to the loons is a mistake, if the pres doesn't pay for it someone else (YOU !) will. imagine GWB & skullbones advisors in charge during the Cuba crisis

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I've scoured the net and can't find anything to support this, so it leads me to believe that comments were probably made by one of FOX news independent analysts/commentators and is not a FOX NEWS official statement or stance.

As for the topic, I think I owe the President an apology for underestimating him, his demeanor and speech tricked me into thinking he was just a puppet, but I have to admit now, that his outward profile of a good old texan boy with only the best intentions for the country is a good one.

btw moving to over to US Political News, please do continue the discussion there.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
We all have a grasp on the fundamentals behind the war in Iraq, and quite clearly Bush, with his program, fully intended to utilise the fact that the global public had not been made aware of Sadam Hussain's (now obvious) weakness. (That Hussain had no WMD and had not publicised his closure of the Iraq WMD project, in the hope that this would deter an invasion and hold the backing of his people and military personel (Thanks koji_K)).

It seems that not only are we all victims of witheld information and disinformation techniques, but that Bush is also claiming the same.

The fact is, we are still being being force fed excuses with respect to backing a needless control over the Iraq people and thier economy.

And so, with respect, the question of an apology directed towards Bush, should be dismissed, like, and along with the information that was readily available to the american government regarding Iraq's non existant WMD stocks.

Does that sound unreasonable?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
As the leader of the world's only super power, Mr Bush needs to take accountability for his actions.

This "not my fault" excuse is simply childish.

He has the blood of many on his hands..

What about all the other leaders ? China, Russia, France ?

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join