It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666 the year of the Anti-Christ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
Why do so many people esspescially American believers, assume that they will float out of here on a bed of ease prior to the revealing of the Antichrist.

I hear ya' Graystar. However, when you look at the numbers, it is
actually a very small percent of Christians who have come to believe
in the rapture cult. There are 2 billion christians on this planet.
The one billion Catholics do not believe in it. Episcopalians, Lutherans,
and Methodists do not believe in the rapture cult. Neither do the
Amish, Menonites, Quakers, and the Latter Day Saints (which some
believe to be Christian while others do not). None of these have
the newly invented Rapture as part of their belief process.

It's only the fundamentalist groups that have incorporated it
into their religion. You have perhaps only a couple of hundred
thousand people in the entire world who are counting on the 'easy out'.

[edit on 3/15/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
is it a part of the Dead sea Scrolls? (wait they are in Hebrew)

is that Aramaic?

[edit on 15-3-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Come on folks.... No one took me up on this????

No one can 'take you up on it' loam. You, and others before you,
have done excellent work on the 616. The fact is that if 616 is actually
'it', then it totally blows away a whole lotta' TV preachers who are
'experts' on end times etc. It really digs into the rapture/antichrist/
endtimes belief system that a lot of fundamentalist christians have
wrapped themselves in.

Ya' did good work on it loam.
I certainly wouldn't 'take you up' on it!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
is it a part of the Dead sea Scrolls?

No. Here is what this article says:

Beast's real mark devalued to '616'

A fragment from the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament, dating to the Third century, gives the more mundane 616 as the mark of the Antichrist.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ahhhh loam. Don't forget. It could be 666 or 616 or 665.
Don't forget the 665. That REALLY can make a persons
head spin, can't it??

666, 616, and 665 have nothing to do with now.
It's all to do with the past.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
hahah thats great, I cant wait to see faces of the many who have 666 tattooed on their bodies and have Songs and so forth, lol .

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
FlyersFan;

Of course, the real issue with the whole "number of the beast" thing is that it comes from a questionable source to begin with....

[edit on 15-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Oh loam. Now you've done it!

St. John the Beloved ... author of the Apocolapse.
(many believe him to be anyways).

An OLD man ... suffering from dementia?
In exile ... major stress.
Experienced having all his best friends butchered ... more major stress.
Survived assassination attempt ... yet more stress.
Not eating well in exile ... causes the body and mind to break down.

Were his dreams visions? Or were his dreams dementia and/or
hallucinations from the stressful life he had.

Sure they were 'holy'. Religion was his entire life! But ... were they
from God, or were they organically and naturally enduced?

Even if he wasn't the author. Even if it is one of his disciples that
authored the Apocolapse. It's still based on his 'visions'.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A movie about the antichrist will occur on 6/6/2006
theomenmovie.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
666, 1666 and every occurrence of June 6 , __66 always seem to bring out those folks who have "beliefs" that something Satanic in nature will occur on these dates. It's funny how people will go to great lengths analyzing the Bible, looking for codes, seeking symbologistic messages and correcting the spelling. All the while, these folks seem to have missed the most obvious of messages -- LOVE.

Whether the Bible is REAL or not, Whether there is or isn't a God or whether Jesus was God and resurrected from the dead to save our souls, the message that clearly resounds in the Bible is LOVE.

Love your neighbor as you would love yourself, forgive transgressions against you and, of course "turn the other cheek". The Bible's greatest message isn't in code. It is clearly written. Now why don't more people think about LOVE and how Love can change their life and the lives of others?

If Satan exists, then his purpose must be to distract people from God's message.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
all of these endtime predictions that give a date are satanic in nature.

You see - satan inspires people to predict such things and then when they are wrong - satan can inspire people to believe that there will be no end times - no anti-christ, no apostacy, etc... - and they can scoff at it.

Then - when it really comes - few if any will believe it - because it was suppossed to have happened sooooo many times before.

When the anti-christ comes - those in a state of grace will know it - God will reveal it and the rest of the worldlings will scoff at them - just like they did at Noe (Noah) - till it is too late.

I do not concern myself too much with end time stuff - cause ya know what - each and every one of us will one day face our own "end of the world" - does it really matter if it is the end of the entire world - or just the end of our world?

either way - we are faced with Judgement and the salvation or damnation of our immortal souls.

bottom line - no matter when the world ends - we are faced with the same problem - the salvation of our souls.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
is it a part of the Dead sea Scrolls?

No. Here is what this article says:

Beast's real mark devalued to '616'

A fragment from the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament, dating to the Third century, gives the more mundane 616 as the mark of the Antichrist.

I thought alot of scholars believed that the man referred to as having the number 666 was Nero? (for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev 13:18)

Caesar Nero = 666 What happens to that theory if the actual number is 616?

" John wrote Revelation when the seemingly all-powerful Roman Empire with its cult of emperor-worship was persecuting the followers of Jesus Christ. It was also widely expected that the dead emperor Nero would come back to life to take revenge against the Rome he once ruled. The Book is therefore a product of that period in world history 2,000 years ago" [source: www.ccel.org... ] BTW that link's a pretty decent overview/study guide of the Book of Revelation if anyone's interested.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Also the reference to 666 in the bible is to a time that
happened 2000 years ago. The 666 Anti-Christ was
the emp. of Rome. It doesn't have anything to do
with now or in the future. It has to do with the past.

The Beast out of the Earth
11Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

[I don't remember that happening 2000 years ago! Oh I get it you just take what ever you want from this passage, rearrange it to fit your ideas, and then throw out the rest. Im sorry silly me!]

No rapture. Not now. Not ever. It's escapist soul candy.
Invented by failed Anglican priest turned cultist
Nelson Darby in the 1800's.
The Coming of the Lord
13Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage each other with these words.

[I sure would like to konw how in the world Nelson Darby caused the apostle Paul to write such things]

30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

[Man that Nelson is somthing else; he actually convinced Jesus of the very same thing!]

All hail Nelson Darby!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I hear ya' Graystar. However, when you look at the numbers, it is
actually a very small percent of Christians who have come to believe
in the rapture cult. There are 2 billion christians on this planet.
The one billion Catholics do not believe in it. Episcopalians, Lutherans,
and Methodists do not believe in the rapture cult. Neither do the
Amish, Menonites, Quakers, and the Latter Day Saints (which some
believe to be Christian while others do not). None of these have
the newly invented Rapture as part of their belief process.

It's only the fundamentalist groups that have incorporated it
into their religion. You have perhaps only a couple of hundred
thousand people in the entire world who are counting on the 'easy out'.

Don't Get me wrong I firmly believe in the Rapture; I just don't believe that we will be spared imminate percecution and death.

The Raputure as many call it will occur after the appearing of Antichrist not before. Why else does the angel speaking to john say the following, that "This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus." Revelation 14:12

If we follow popular christianity these are the "left behind Christians." I, on the other hand, do not run with the pack!

Also I would also like to poin out the following passages:

After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Thess 4:17

Look at the words in bold. Of course those that are alive are left. This is redundant. I believe that paul is saying that it will be amazing that any survive this time prior to the lord's return.

Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

Again I would ask you to look at the words in bold. Paul Clearly states here that the day of the Lord will follow the advent of Antichrist reign, not prior to it. Popular christian teachers dismiss this fact by claiming that the Rapture and the second coming are two different events they are not. They are one and the same and they follow the great time of persecution and of Jesus' followers not before hand.

Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

This passage could not refer to the deciples time for the Gospel had not been preached in every nation. the faith hadn't been established yet, so who would turn from a faith that didn't exist yet around the world? I summit to you that this perscecution is forcasted for our time!

finally consider this:
29"Immediately after the distress of those days
" 'the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'[c]

30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

these are the same signs described in revelation and else where in the Bible which corelate to the day of the Lord. and yet we see here in this passage that Jesus clearly returns after the distress not prior to it.

I hope that this explains my positon better.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
see proof here
16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

18This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by Graystar]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Graystar - all those passages, and others, have been
discussed on this thread.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Also - Nelson Darby's false interpretations of those passages.

[edit on 3/16/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sorry, double post. Don't know how that happened.

[edit on 3/16/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I am always amazed how people can go nuts about 4 words in a bible. Seems everyone is waiting for the big bad guy. But I think it won't happen.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
see proof here
16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Well, its a good thing that the chip is on his LEFT hand, cause if it was on his right then it would be the mark of the beast

[edit on 18-3-2006 by TravisT]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Folks the number of the devil is indeed 666...as stated in the bible and it's in many logos..it's also in they Disney Logo...suppossedly. but yes. It is 666, and I do not know if anything will happen on June 6, 2006...probably nothing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join