It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666 the year of the Anti-Christ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Hello all... Well this has been on my mind for some time. There is a prediction spoken of by many who believe that June, 6, 2006 is the year of the Anti-christ...
Why that date, well it is because it is 666 which is the sign of the Devil... Now the anti-christis also mentioned in the bible as I was told by a friend. I believe it came from the The Book of Revelation.

I am curious...what do you members think. Do you think something could happen on June, 6, 2006? Or...do you think nothing will happen at all. Personally..I think something will happen, but that's just me.

Can't wait to get responses.

Here are some links to look at about this 666 antichrist ordeal...

www.satansrapture.com...

satansrapture.blogspot.com...

www.threeworldwars.com...

Well there ya go...I'll leave it to you guys to draw your own conclusions

[edit on 13-3-2006 by whitelightwolf]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I want something to happen but who knows, I guess I'll just have to wait & see. Cant wait to, was it angel wings who told u about the bible thing

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I dont think anything will happen. If the anti-christ had any kind of brain, then Im sure he wouldnt "rise" or come into "power" on the 666. The only thing that will happen is ALOT of people will be drunk and screaming about the devil...i cant wait!

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
I dont think anything will happen. If the anti-christ had any kind of brain, then Im sure he wouldnt "rise" or come into "power" on the 666. The only thing that will happen is ALOT of people will be drunk and screaming about the devil...i cant wait!

lol, yeah probably...but then again....I dunno...there just "might" be...something unexpected.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I believe that before the anti-christ emerges, the rapture must happen first. Unless that happens before June, I'm guessing that nothing special will happen on 6/6/06.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I had a dream of the rapture...I don't know what that means, but I do know that I had that dream. I was standing in the street then I heard loud horns, and all of a sudden this bright white light is shining all in my face. It is so bright, that you can't see a thing! So...that's all I remember..it was really odd..

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
Do you think something could happen on June, 6, 2006?

Ah, I've been waiting for this thread from someone.

What will happen on 6/6/06?

I would like to assume the following:

1.) George Bush Jr. will admit he's cheating on his wife and actually has 6 kids.

2.) Bill Clinton devorces Hillary.

3.) A giant ape will escape from a zoo and go on a mooning rampage outside of LA.

4.) Someone will crash a Dark Star Recon Plane into a 7/11.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
But its not 6/6/6, its 06/06/2006, and 662006 is not the mark of the beast.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
ok then why didnt anything happen june 6 1006 aye? nothing will happen, there will be no anti christ....no end of the world life will go on as normal untill we decide to nuke eachother into oblivian IMO

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by toeragpunk
ok then why didnt anything happen june 6 1006 aye? nothing will happen, there will be no anti christ....no end of the world life will go on as normal untill we decide to nuke eachother into oblivian IMO

Unfortunetly, that could happen soon. The situation with Iran is not looking so good, and neither is the situation with China.

By the way, thanks for pointing out the fact that the number 666 has appeared plenty of times.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by firmbeliever
I want something to happen but who knows, I guess I'll just have to wait & see. Cant wait to, was it angel wings who told u about the bible thing
you are one pathetic person, waiting for some catastrophe to shake your boring basement life, no wonder your username, believing anything just to give meaning agragrrrr u make me mad.
Oh and nothing will happen that day, the anti-christ is one of the biggest jokes in history but I guess you are all like firmbeliever...

[edit on 14-3-2006 by Zeratul]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I know that something was supposed to happen on the 6th of the 6th 2006..... but it was foiled..... can't really say much more than that

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by fivebyfive
I believe that before the anti-christ emerges, the rapture must happen first. Unless that happens before June, I'm guessing that nothing special will happen on 6/6/06.

3(I)Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the [a](J)apostasy comes first, and the (K)man of lawlessness is revealed, the (L)son of destruction,

4who opposes and exalts himself above (M)every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, (N)displaying himself as being God.

5Do you not remember that (O)while I was still with you, I was telling you these things?

6And you know (P)what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed.

7For (Q)the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only (R)he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.

8Then that lawless one (S)will be revealed whom the Lord will slay (T)with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the (U)appearance of His coming;

Why do so many people esspescially American believers, assume that they will float out of here on a bed of ease prior to the revealing of the Antichrist. It comepletely amazes me how somany people willingly are sleeping because they feel that no harm will come to them!

Wake up Christians! you comepletely mis read the passages taking only what suits you! Lazy Christians wake up! you are truely the Laodician church!

Did any of the other church fathers leave so easily? Other than John i think all were killed for Christ- all! Go on go back to sleep Antichrist will rise soon and you will follow him because you are to lazy to know the truth!

As for me I prepare myself mentally for what lies just ahead! You will soon see that Im right.

there is one coming of the Lord, not two, not three, not four, just one! Put left behind where it belongs, in the trash and stop depending on popular christianity to lead you! Lazy, lazy, lazy!!!

[edit on 14-3-2006 by Graystar]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It's funny how you oh so conviently forgot the first two digits of the year we are in. Isn't the "Devil's number" really 660 or something? I heard on a radio show a few years back that 666 was only the popular pop culture hype type number or something along those lines.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Um....doesn't anyone recall that the number 666 was not translated correctly and that it really is some other number.... There is a thread somewhere on here about that.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConversationConservation
It's funny how you oh so conviently forgot the first two digits of the year we are in. Isn't the "Devil's number" really 660 or something? I heard on a radio show a few years back that 666 was only the popular pop culture hype type number or something along those lines.

LOL

It always make me laugh when I see people's feeble attempts to discredit the Bible with half researched , regurgitated replys!

It goes without saying that you know nothing of what the significance of this number 666 is! The antichrist will be associated in some way with this number period. it just so happens that a very important post was created in the EU under reccomendation 666 I recommend you do a Little research on that-although I don't hold out much that you'll learn much as it seems to me that you are quite content to remain in the dark!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If you'll check apocalyptic history, you'll discover that:

The year 1986 was supposed to be "the year of the Beast" and so was 1996 and now 2006. Also any other combo that could make a 666.

The rise of the Internet has led to a rise in 666 hysteria. Before the 1980's, most folks commonly held to the view of mainstream Christianity -- that Revelation was a screed against Nero (and those clues really DO match up. The "city on the seven hills" is the common nickname for Rome and has been since 400 BC and earlier) and that John's rantings weren't going to come true.

The Internet fueled a sort of 666 hysteria and people who weren't familiar with history fell into the trap that the reworked "America is the Great Beast"mindset must be true and things were going to happen very soon.

Anyway, no, 2006 won't be it nor will 2016 or any other combination of 666 you can come up with. And remember that the calender we use wasn't the one they had back then and the year dates sure don't match.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Right, there is perhaps one case of 666 in history I can think of, namely, the great fire of London in 1666.

Also, a point of note on the rapture. If the tribulation is a test, then it must happen before the rapture, if the rapture happens at all. otherwise all the believers would have no real test, would they?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
As was said earlier - the number is 6/6/2006.
Ya'll forgot the '2' in the numbers. So it isn't 666.

And even if it were, 666 has happened before and it'll
happen again.

Also the reference to 666 in the bible is to a time that
happened 2000 years ago. The 666 Anti-Christ was
the emp. of Rome. It doesn't have anything to do
with now or in the future. It has to do with the past.

As far as the notion that there will ever be a rapture

ya'll should see the facts on this thread.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

No rapture. Not now. Not ever. It's escapist soul candy.
Invented by failed Anglican priest turned cultist
Nelson Darby in the 1800's.

[edit on 3/15/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Come on folks.... No one took me up on this????

The Other Number of the Beast: 616

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join