It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats the matrix?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'v seen David Icke mention the word "matrix". Can someone please explain to me what is that suposed to mean? Thank you.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The fake world pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth, in the context of who and what are running the world, and how, and why.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I see. Now I understand. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It seems like it's that corrupt system we are trapped in, keeping us under control, a huge and complex system that is preventing us from unleashing our full potential and truly be free...

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around. What do you see? Business men, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still part of that system, and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand that most of these people are not ready to be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it..."

-- Morpheus

There is also the fact that pretty much all of humanity is unaware that we are actually living in a multidimensional Universe, and many of the systems of control that are components of the Matrix are actually originating from these other dimensions, stuff like frequency fences, dark energy grids, agents in higher dimensions, etheric cables plugged into people, beings from other worlds using humanity as a source of energy, etc, etc...

"We think we live in a "world". In fact we live in a frequency range. That's all it is. We are trapped in a frequency range and therefore trapped in an illusion. This is what the well-known movie calls the Matrix.

The "world" we see around us is merely the tiny fraction of multi-dimensional infinity that our physical senses of sight, hearing, touch, smell, and taste can access. The physical world we perceive is like a radio station and our physical senses are tuned to its frequency. So that is all we see. But all around us are the other frequencies or densities of infinite creation -- the ones that "science" has denied exist. They are all around us on frequencies beyond the range of our physical senses. These are the frequencies that can be seen and heard by animals, like cats, when they react to apparently "empty" space, and dogs when they hear sounds far higher than we can. Newborn babies also react to "empty" space until their senses are imprisoned by conditioning. These are the frequencies accessed by true psychics -- the oracles of the ancient world -- who can raise their vibration to tune into these unseen realms."

-- David Icke, "Children of the Matrix"

In my case, I also see many other things as being part of the Matrix, such as corrupt governments, this criminal organization that infiltrated several parts of our society (what some people call the Illuminati), organized religions, the education system, media control, the alien cover-up, mind control projects (MKULTRA, Project Monarch, etc), HAARP, ELF stuff, chemtrails, several kinds of drugs and chemicals, secret underground bases, etc, etc... All kinds of things that are part of this system that many call the Matrix.

Anyway, here's a good link if you want to learn more about that kind of stuff: archive.tc...

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
you know what keeps us held back greedy people who want to get rich and milk everything for what it's worth. There is no real matrix and so on.

there are 4 dimensions 3 physical dimensions and the fourth dimension of time which is a constant. 1 second on the clock is one second for the entire universe.

However there is most likely alternate universes where things could be completely different like physics etc. One of these universes is theorized as the hyper-verse in which everything moves faster then light and could be accessed for a hyperdrive craft so as to move faster then light.

You see we live in a 3 dimensional world and operate under it's rules and the 4th dimension time which is not physical but keeps everything at a constant moving forward etc.

I seriously do think some people took the movie "The Matrix" a little too seriously. Our universe has 4 dimensions however another universe could have more.

the Matrix = Science fiction

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Im pretty sure the "matrix" was a movie made to entertain people and made a couple of brothers really rich. Even though the last one was rediculous.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A writer named William Gibson first applied the word "matrix" to the hacker experience - and investigated the concept rather thoroughly in an incredible book called Neuromancer.

It was written in 1984 - and is still well worth reading. Gibson introduced many now-common terms in that book. (He's my hero.
)

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
you know what keeps us held back greedy people who want to get rich and milk everything for what it's worth. There is no real matrix and so on.

there are 4 dimensions 3 physical dimensions and the fourth dimension of time which is a constant. 1 second on the clock is one second for the entire universe.

However there is most likely alternate universes where things could be completely different like physics etc. One of these universes is theorized as the hyper-verse in which everything moves faster then light and could be accessed for a hyperdrive craft so as to move faster then light.

You see we live in a 3 dimensional world and operate under it's rules and the 4th dimension time which is not physical but keeps everything at a constant moving forward etc.

I seriously do think some people took the movie "The Matrix" a little too seriously. Our universe has 4 dimensions however another universe could have more.

the Matrix = Science fiction

We operate under the assumed "rules" of the physical universe and make up most of what we are not sure about..."time" is especially silly, for want of a better word...

And with matter being composed of, basically, vibrating nothing-at-all the physical universe is perhaps more like an environment our bodies are divinely created to experaince as "real"...

And of course Science = currently fashionable guess work

PS and come on Jedi Knight: you watched Star Wars but never watched the Matrix?

[edit on 17-3-2006 by John White]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Science works if it didn't you would not have the internet, space travel, or electricity running into your home.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
Science works if it didn't you would not have the internet, space travel, or electricity running into your home.

Lots of things work! Human biology for one...

Dosnt mean we "properly" understand that either

regardless, Scientists (a decent physicist anyway) would agree that the whole "3 dimensional universe" brand of science taught in secondary schools is just a convieniant explanation for people to grasp, rather than whats really going on...

And thats not "conspiracy" talk, its just how it is...

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My wife was doing her crafts class, and some ladies in her group said 'gees, I can't draw anything, I've never been able to do it'...then this gentelman who was nearby looked up and apparently said 'Oh...everyone can draw, everyone has an imagination, its just that when you go to school, you are taught not to do it anymore'...

My wife told me and i'm like.. WTF... and you know, he was right....The education system is nothing but left brain mentality, facts, structures, maths etc...oh there are the art and creative writing classes....but when you leave school...WHAT are the highest paying jobs....the left brain thinking ones....you do get the right brain thinking ones making money, but they are the minority and famous ones...ie musicians, artists etc...and the left brain paying jobs are architects, IT, management, politics etc... the majority of the worlds highest paying jobs.......

Then there is the instinct of picking up a pencil and writing with the right hand (stimulating left brain) and more often than not..kicking a ball with the right foot (stimulating left brain) and now with computers........ the mouse usually on the right side (stimulating left brain) and then when using the phone...now this is speculation...but i have a feeling most use the right ear (stimulating left brain).......however, with regards to computers...... if you are on the keyboard constantly typing away, and you use both hands obviously, it will balance the left and right brain thinking.... so that IS good news!!

Any other examples out there????

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just remembered this quote and its too good not to share....

"Reality is an Illusion, although a persistant one"

Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, it is a long thread and I haven't read it all. Sorry, it is the rush of excitement I get when I think I can contribute.

The 'matrix' is based on Plato's allegory of the Cave.

I have provided a link to a little diagram that gives a potted description.

As a philosophical concept it works equally well for blockbuster sci-fi movies and any other example of the unwillingness / inability of those who do not know better to accept a reality far different to what they think they know - Perfect for this site and its readers who have taken the red pill (to coin a phrase)

Plato's allegory of the cave

enjoy!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thank you for the cave link, I need to be reminded of that once in awhile.

Gullivers travels is another great example of this, he speaks of common sence truth, but people do not see what he says, he can can not just turn back and live looking at the mear shadow of reality.

Those who except a known lie, like a government rediculous false story are taking the blue pill, they are going back to sleep, and in the morning believing what ever they want to.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedi Knight

Rather than living in a physical matrix (i.e. illusion), we live in a mental/psychological one...

As long as one believes, looks for, and enforces the thought that one is not in control of their own reality, one will be in this matrix.

If you are experiencing pain and distress, your leaders are not the problem...

It's you.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
As far as "The Matrix" movies go, at the end of the movies, the Matrix agrees to give humanity the choice of staying in the Matrix or leaving for the real world. I have wondered if the Matrix was real, and the Matrix planted the idea of making the Matrix movies in the authors head to give the world it's chance to choose. If the real world was really so as in the films, I would much rather live here in the Matrix. In the Matrix's real world, the sky is permanently overcast, no green plants anywhere, everybody lives in the bowels of the earth and eats enzymes that look like cream of wheat mixed with snot and nothing else, nobody will ever have the experience of walking through a forest after a light summer's rain, will ever taste a chocolate banana malt, will ever make love to someone who has access to soap and water, etc. Screw that. I'd rather stay here.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
There is a good line in this trailer that speaks of subjective servitude, it can be applied to many paradymns. I find it an example of red pill / blue pill and unplugging from the matrix.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The Matrix cannot be seen, cannot be touched, or smelled. The Matrix is everything and everywhere. It is monitoring your every move. What you do, where you do it, why you do it. It is a prison of the mind, a prison which makes you believe you are free when the truth is quite the opposite. A prison designed with such subtlety that not only are its captives unaware of its existence, but will gladly bear arms and give up their lives protecting it. Unaware of exactly what it is they are really protecting.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question

The Matrix cannot be seen, cannot be touched, or smelled. The Matrix is everything and everywhere. It is monitoring your every move. What you do, where you do it, why you do it. It is a prison of the mind, a prison which makes you believe you are free when the truth is quite the opposite. A prison designed with such subtlety that not only are its captives unaware of its existence, but will gladly bear arms and give up their lives protecting it. Unaware of exactly what it is they are really protecting.

Sounds familiar.......

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EJHoover

great link...but LONG THREAD?! cmon now! what was it, 5 minutes of reading?

the matrix movies(well, the first two at least) are a great metaphor for the world as we know it, and it brings in many philosophical and mythological traits from all over the world to illustrate the point being made. it's a shame more people did not see it as such, only as sci-fi entertainment. much like the educational "left brain" argument brought up earlier, people are trained at an early age to shut out the possibility of what they can't perceive.

it's the age-old question of reality. is it real, or just an illusion of the senses? are we the coincidence of evolution, or spiritual beings manifested temporarily into a physical form? no one really has the answers to these questions as there's no irrefutable proof, and that's where the inherent problem of human choice comes in(i know "problem" might be a bad word to use, but isn't the humans ability to choose the basis for all arguments and wars?). like it was said earlier in the thread and in the first matrix movie...it's either the blue pill or the red pill.

Icke's claims of other dimensions and frequency fences, etc. seem to be a little outlandish, though. It's essentially a school of philosophical thought, you can believe it or not believe it...humans always have that choice whether they are aware of it or not. i'd agree that there are mind barriers created by the society we live in and the education we are forced into, but to say that there are entities from other dimensions controlling our actions just sounds a little too out there for me. maybe i'll come across this next time i dabble in some fungi, however. i'm pretty sure that's where most religions, or all knowledge for that matter, came from.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Sacreligion]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join