It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the end of the internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
rumor has it that the internet will be terminated intentionally within the next several years. anyone know more about this?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I heard something about that, but that's not going to happen, guaranteed...I mean that is just stupid.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is not a rumor, it's true. The end of the Internet is right there.

www.shibumi.org...

The End of the Internet

Congratulations! This is the last page.

Thank you for visiting the End of the Internet. There are no more links.

You must now turn off your computer and go do something productive.

Go read a book, for pete's sake.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I cannot imagine that.
Though people probably couldnt imagine a lot of other things.

Gods Peace

dalen

MMP

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Just wait until we all wake up in...

The Internet 2: Hyper Internet!

Where there are no rules and no way out!!!

DUN DUN DUN!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It is Internet2 that will pick up where the other left off. The Internet as we know really is going to be trash canned. The new www2, will have much better security and anything that is too subversive will be censored.

On Internet2 there will not be any questoning the Government.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They already created a website to shut down the Internet.

All they have to do is press the big red button..
Shut down the Internet (don't do it!)

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
It is Internet2 that will pick up where the other left off. The Internet as we know really is going to be trash canned. The new www2, will have much better security and anything that is too subversive will be censored.

On Internet2 there will not be any questoning the Government.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as an Internet 2...Internet2 is a consortium of a couple hundred companies and organizations that are dedicated to internet R&D. Most anything you've heard (or anyone else for that matter, I'm not singling you out at all
) about an "Internet 2" is likely due to some confusion by the media in regards to this consortium and the advances in internet tech such as high-speed optical transmission types and IPv6. There's a concise article about it at wikipedia, with some good links.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

There is, however, an Internet 0 in development, which will one day "underlay" the current Internet, or "Internet 1" as the Internet 0 people like to call it. A good starter article can be found here:

compnetworking.abou t.com

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 15-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Sounds good to me!
We can all open the curtains and get back to reality...

BTW I found the end of the internet and I think its getting closer.
www.weirdity.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Can you just imagine the size and impact of the golbal financial collapse if the internet was closed down? The world as we know it would grind to a halt.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
So what will happen to the thousands and thousands of PC's, Servers, Routers etc .... we just gonna bury them all or set them alight? That would be great for the ozone layer!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
exactly thats why if the internet is destroyed then something will have to take its place. without it we are all doomed

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Conventional www-Internet will eventually face two major problems:

1. Due to seismic activity of the Earth and great number of ever increasing natural disasters (add here wars and lawlessness) it will no longer be economical to support telecommunications infrastructure.

2. Even now hundreds, if not thousands of computer programs do their destructive work. (The simple explanation can be that if the program was written by a programmer in 'negative' state of mind, the users of written by him software will be affected. Now just imagine if that was intentional programming to target great number of people, like 25th frame in the movies). So, later on people will start noticing utterly negative effects of using the internet: like their children becoming sick, or one just dying after visiting internet.

Considering that the man is a biorobot, he has all the means to hook up to Cosmic Internet and receive real-time info required for his/her survival - whatever the cataclysms around him are.

[edit on 3-20-2006 by Vitalij]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
With the new bill from the Obama administration, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is actually onto something..This thread was 4 years ago, so I reckon we don't have long now.

new topics

top topics

join