It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

book of thoth, and the most secret society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
what is the most "secret" or oldest society?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eon314
what is the most "secret" or oldest society?

Masonry is generally considered the oldest, having originated in the early middle ages. As for "most secret", we probably wouldn't know, because if it's that secret, they're not telling anybody.

When I was in college, I was co-founder of a secret society called Order of Prometheus. No one knew of our existence except for those we tapped, and we limited our candidates to majors in philosophy, psychology, and history. We distinguished each other by wearing yellow ties with a lapel "YP" (for "Young Prometheans"). Eventually, most of the majors in those three fields were members.

It may be that the Order still exists today. By now, they may even be secretly running the world!

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The oldest could be the “Great White Brotherhood” in Egypt, and or the “Brotherhood of the Snake” before that in Sumeria. – that’d be pretty old.

Both are frequently mention is Conspiracy literature, not sure if either are historical.

ML good point about the YP, if we added a couple of household name to the list such as Rockefeller and Rothschild it would instantly enter the conspiracy hall of fame.

Classmates by any chance?

EDIT:
Found this on the white brotherhood. Entertaining (no sources though)

[edit on 13/3/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I believe in the possibility of a word-of-mouth Hermetic society that has existed since Egypt's zenith, based on the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus (See "the Kybalion" online).

Obviously, though... I have no proof of their existence, rites etc... Just musings...

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   

The Book of Thoth

Hmmm, what does the book of thoth have to do with this, the book of thoth, is a book written by Aliester Crowley, who was one of the least secretly identified magicians, infact he was constantly on guard from attacks that he was revieling the O.T.O.'s secrets.

And if there was a most secret society no one here would know or speak of it to you.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spatacus
And if there was a most secret society no one here would know or speak of it to you.

That’s an excellent point too, I can see it:

SETTING: Cave deep underneath the Earth

Dark Overlord: Brother Bob, why have you revealed the secrets that our orders have maintain for millenniums?

Forsaking Brother: I am sorry , oh Dark One. This guy on this forum seemed so nice and had such powers of persuasion that I had to spill the beans.

The End

On a side note, I believe it’s possible a most secret order wouldn’t even have a name. For example I believe the Bilderberg Group was a name given to the group by conspiracy theorist who identified it with the Bilderberg Hotel, where they first discovered it. Strangely it appears the group have begun using the name themselves. (I saw a video where that Spotlight guy was tracking them, one of them then interviewed a representative of the Bilderberg Group and it seems they have adapted the name. anyone knows about this?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

The Book of Thoth

Hmmm, what does the book of thoth have to do with this, the book of thoth, is a book written by Aliester Crowley, who was one of the least secretly identified magicians, infact he was constantly on guard from attacks that he was revieling the O.T.O.'s secrets.

Thanks for sharing that you woulnd't share.

Anyways...

What about that 9,000 year old city they found just off the coast of India, I'm sure they had some secret societies. Or the Jomon Culture in Japan, making clay pottery since I think 16,000 BCE. Maybe they had a secret clay pottery clan. Who knows. We'll only learn as far back as written history. But I'm sure they existedlo ng before writing.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Hmmm, what does the book of thoth have to do with this, the book of thoth, is a book written by Aliester Crowley

It's true that Crowley's last book was titled "Book of Thoth", but he borrowed this phrase from occult tradition which refers to the Tarot as the Book of Thoth (Crowley's book was subtitled "A Short Essay On The Tarot of the Egyptians").

However, even if the original poster meant the Tarot by "Book of Thoth", I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the Tarot either.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ok, it actually went down exactly like ConspiracyNut23 put it. i Was in a deep cave and all. Ok so here's the story. It all began with the first extremely evolved human, it is said that humans every once and a while go through extreme evolution, and if it were not for this original man who's name was sasparcho we would never would have evolved into thinking men we are today! He evolved with extreme mental abilities including philosophical and mathamatical abilities and other now considered "occult" powers. It can be safely assertained that your intellegence is based purely on how closely related you are to the original evolved man. The genes are now relatively dispersed in the general population however sasparcho new the theory of evolution and genetic transferal, and he created a secret order called the sons of sasparcho to pass along his genes in the most efficient and non inbred ways. The order still exists infact one of the most famous philosophers Hegel was a member of our order. It can also be noted that Einstein and Lou Reed have a high degree of sasparchin blood despite their not being members of our order. Forget reptilians(they don't exist) and the illuminati, we controlled them, the catholic church, the jews, the banks the weapons of mass destructian, al-quaeda and America. We trully controll the world!!! There is nothing you can do about it. In a cave near Jerulasalem we have perserved sasparchos remains waiting for the day we can clone him, and he will take over the world. Shoulsd I tell you the religion secret....

Oh what the heck you guys just draw it out of me. Here we go. We have created the bible. The god you know today was created soly through our genious it was an answer to so many problems, first it gave you hope and a sense of meaning, and secondly it was a method to controll your ignorance, and manipulate you to do our bidding. at the time the jews had the thickest concentration of sasparchin blood, so we told them to rape and pillage other villages in order to preserve our bloodline. This is why the bible includeas such deeds. Are you guys satisfied now. And Jesus christ stop coming to ATS now you know all the secrets of the world there is no more reason to study all the conspiracies you know all of it just from reading it right here. If you have any questions about our order please post them here I will be glad to tell you anything.

As we say in our original sasparchin language "Hoaba unaba peneaba grandeaba, ilaba mioaba peneaba sonoaba cosìaba grandeaba hannoaba fattoaba unaba filmaba denominatoaba Godzillaabana controaba ilaba mioaba dickaba"

Cug

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

... Aliester Crowley, who was one of the least secretly identified magicians, infact he was constantly on guard from attacks that he was revieling the O.T.O.'s secrets.

Wrong Group, he got a lot of flack for publishing the Golden Dawn's secrets, not the O.T.O.'s

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"Brotherhood of the snake" is the oldest society which all have come from, it is the devotion to the lizards and their ways. Their knowledge, rituals and beliefs is timeless compared to humanity's timeline of existance.

top topics

join