It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a really bad feeling about ATS

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Here we go again.

-sigh-

A couple questions first.

1) What can we (3 Amigos; Simon, Springer, and myself) do to convince people there is no government involvement in the operations of ATS?

2) If we're able to accomplish #1, how long will it last if it is believed?

3) Why does this keep coming up? Place yourself in our shoes for a moment... three semi-idealists managing a large and time-consuming discussion board as a hobby side-venture keep getting accusations of having unethical ulterior motives.

4) You've only been a member for a few days, how can you come to this conclusion about our multi-year involvement in ATS?

Your not being straight with the posters on this board. There are exceptions.
This site is being monitored and censored.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Ok, now I'm having a bad feeling about ATS...

Somebody posted an article about a study that links the Pro-Israel Lobby with American Foreign Policy. That thread lasted 7 minutes before the original post became invisible. Then a further two minutes before the thread was sent to the Trash Bin.

Why is that? Is there a Pro-Israel lobby on ATS as well?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
There is a game being played. Some posters words are skewed and even changed for the purpose of this game.

It is that important to these people.

Cheaters. And you call me the cheater. You can't fool yourself.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This board was fun for awhile, until you know who got involved. Your games bore me. I tried to help you out. Good luck and good riddance.

P.S. Have you started learning to fight with a short sword yet?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Have you decided in your minds. Was that created or was that predicted? Can you tell the difference between the different voices?

If it was created, is that God? If it was predicted, is that paranormal abilities?

You decide. See you later and good luck.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Ok, now I'm having a bad feeling about ATS...

Somebody posted an article about a study that links the Pro-Israel Lobby with American Foreign Policy. That thread lasted 7 minutes before the original post became invisible. Then a further two minutes before the thread was sent to the Trash Bin.

Why is that? Is there a Pro-Israel lobby on ATS as well?

Hmmm, I would of liked to see that. Was it in relation to this?

Pro-Israel lobby in U.S. under attack.
WASHINGTON, DC, United States (UPI) -- Two of America`s top scholars have published a searing attack on the role and power of Washington`s pro-Israel lobby in a British journal, warning that its 'decisive' role in fomenting the Iraq war is now being repeated with the threat of action against Iran. And they say that the Lobby is so strong that they doubt their article would be accepted in any U.S.-based publication.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Maybe it was a duplicate post

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yeah, it was related to that, but it links to the full report as well. I don't see any double post. I made a reference to the same study in another thread elsewhere on ATS, but I believe it certainly merits it's own thread.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much. Perhaps the reason it was trashed was because it was a very long copy and paste. But even then, isn't the usual course of action would be for a mod to snip it to 3 paragraphs and put it into external source tags?

JAK

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Staff are aware of the situation and are looking into it thanks.

I now return you to your normal viewing... (que music).

Jak

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
I have asked once, twice, now I will ask one more time. Would you please be so kind as to delete this thread, overlord..simon, springer...the SSS...* Or any other moderator. please.... so that I do not come across as crazy...

This is one of the funnier posts I've read! Omg and the staff just let this baby fly like dirty underwear on a clothes line. I swear this is a reason I dont like to initiate a thread, just think you had a bad day/week and after a few drinks write a thread like this one and it gets so many hits and stays there, just flying!

LOL! I know it' so funny isnt it? Wanna know something even funnier? That some people don't even bother to read the last big apology I posted on this thread. Which explains it all. ^_^

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
There is such a thing as being OVERLY paranoid.
Dude if you just take some time to actually THINK this out.. you would see that it does not make sense.

What would this benefit the NWO? This site exposes topics that are otherwise often swept under the carpet and buried to keep them out of the mainstream and the mind of John Q public to keep the number of AWARE people to a minimum. ATS increases the number of informed people with its very existance.

Please.. next time you get an idea.. think it through before you blurt it out.

Common sense tells you that ATS is the enemy of a NWO ... not a part of it.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

The ATS site is posted on a global system reaching billions of people. The Internet is a massive beast. On any scale imaginable, ATS is a grain of sand on the edge of a mind-bogglingly vast desert.

The Internet is fueled by capitalism: pursuing profits while minimizing risks. What troubles nations is that the global Internet can't be controlled by conventional regulations. For example--a friend of mine paid for a secure server for his U.S. website--with the server being in India. He paid for it in U.S. dollars--and the money went to France.

You see the dilemma? How can a single country dominate the information on the internet?

There is no question that the NSA uses data mining programs like the defunct CARNIVORE and PREDATOR. Frankly, I would suprised that the intelligence service doesn't use data mining. If security agencies are data mining on ATS--so what?

The National Security Administration checks and re-checks the public rythm of information 24 hours a day--7 days a week--365 days a year. I think it's wrong-headed to believe that the NSA is "out to get you". Data mining is just one of the scientific and sociological tools the U.S. government can use to see how the average Joe or Jane Smith feels about the decisions the government makes on domestic and foreign issues.

Members of the ATS post their opinions more often than facts. When I see a posting with a great deal of investigative content--I read thoroughly, follow the links--and suprise, suprise! Afterwards I might have a (gasp!) OPINION! Kudos to those members who actually research topics!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
WLW

I think you are right fella, there is something going on here!

'They' are picking on you!!

Kill em! Kill em all!!!

Anyway......who asked me to but in?

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Infinitum08]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that the 3 amigos have any government involvement in ATS. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if some sector of the government kept tabs on certain areas of this site.

I do believe that some of the mods have their own agenda and that may be where your "bad feelings" are coming from.
Edited to correct typo.

[edit on 3/21/2006 by darkelf]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon

All I have to say is that balance requires both believers and non-believers.

I personally don't pay in to many of the conspiracies on the site, but I am open-minded to the possibility of such things existing. A NWO is something that is feasible if many things connect, but as for it controlling events, I just don't think so, I mean, we do still have that human 'randomness' to give them a pain in the neck, right?

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Sir Solomon]

If you don't believe but make the effort to learn or stay open minded then you a cut above the type of people I am talking about.

I find the idea of this web site a bit conflicting: deny ignorance because the application of that concept is not correct. You can only deny ignorance when you have the full knowledge of something and in the conspiracy world how often does that happen?

That is why we have the following going on here: on one side people with varying degrees of open minds coming here to share and learn as much as they desire and then other hordes falling down on them to ridicule and belittle as though some pleasure is extracted from it. Sadly to say some of the latter types are directly connected to this website itself.

An analysis of what is put forth is reasonable but too many times the demands for absolutes actually prevents the truth from coming out. For example I am seeing a lot of this in the 911 debate where it has become a titanic battle between so-called technical experts and spun minutae that would impress NASA. Often basic and unarguable logic and past events are tossed aside as being irrevelant.

If our science is so good and capable then it has to begin to prove it to a lot of people because nobody can say for sure who killed JKF yet. The reason for that is the powers that be don't want the truth exposed.

That is why conspiracy is not black and white, it is about how the system in every way cheats most of us every day and we seem to be powerless to stop it. We know it is true but we lack power to prove it because we have not learned how to fight but most of all we spend all our time fighting each other.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Converted to what? An ATS supporter? I don't think any of the reservations she shared had anything to do with supporting the site. Maybe she was a supporter of the site all along and her concern was with the ends the means the site provides were being devoted to. I don't know. That's why I just quoted some of what I felt was relevant scripture, and I'm leaving the interpretation up to each member as an individual.

The quote about the prophet being ignored in his own country is particularly relevant to me.

I have a question for you, if I may. Do you believe the Creator and the Almighty are one and the same, or two separate entities?

I would think/guess that a Creator and Almighty would be similar to each other.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by ThePunisher]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I become recently paranoid about ATS and I was thinking about a possible connection between ATS and NWO. But I was not certain about that and I rejected the idea temporarily.
Sometimes people here mention the S S S hidden symbol in ATS. To be honest I considered this as a coincidence and I was smiling every time someone mentiones that.
But damn .. for some reason I decided to search in google for “illuminati+S S S” and surprisingly I got 59,400 results !

Here some of what I got:

source
In the Greek numerical system the symbol S is called the sigma, and was originally the sixth letter of the Greek alphabet. It was also represented as the number six.

source
The number 666 was written in serpentine letters like SSS, VVV, ZZZ = 666. They also arranged the letters different ways; sometimes they would turn them upside down or sideways. The SSS sometimes could be seen with a line drawn through the middle of all three S's and turned sideways. This is the origin of the popular amulet called the Oriental cross.

The second URL in search results brought my attention:
illuminati.group.stumbleupon.com...
Take a look at that site , what brought my attention the header intro:
“A group for those interested in taking over the world... Sharing ideas and concepts... A place to meet new conspirators...”

New conspirators ?!

I am not connecting to ATS here, I am just listing my search results.
I am not sure , maybe SSS is just coincidence and maybe not. What do you think guys?.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Deep_Blue]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
ATS could represent "Zion" in the movie "Matrix". I'm sure it's not intentional but the symbolism for the idea is there. A place where open-minded people can go and express themselves freely.

Certainly, ATS has the potential to reach whoever has an internet connection. However, look at how few actually post here in comparison to how many could. Then look at how an even smaller portion will post about the NWO. Then even smaller will post about Aliens and UFOs. Then smaller still are those that bring it all together to form a cohesive tapestry incorporating all aspects of conspiracy theory. In essense, it's a multi-level Zion.

ATS is a place that ensures that .01% can let off steam. If there wasn't a place for them to let off steam then they might seek other avenues. Other avenues that could be detrimental to those in power. ATS may not be a government run site (i'm fairly certain it is not). But it most definitely serves a purpose for those in power, even if they are unaware of it. A purpose greater than mere data collection.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I want to see the followup of Beachcomas question...

I have the same concerns regarding the pro israel lobby in the USA...
it is by far the most influential... and i have no doubt it has had influence...

if a thread on that topic was indeed removed, then someone "pro israel" has access to admin/mod tools

now that could be a hacker working for the very same Pro israel lobby, or it could be a pro israel mole at ATS...

either one needs to be delt with... favoritism of such a delicate topic should not be tolerated on this board...
ATS is normally a safe bet for fairness... and that is fishy..

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Laz, the way I see it is that we are pretty fair letting things go BUT when you get into racism we clamp down HARD. No Jew bashing, no "Raghead" crap, we get a lot of both. I think we allow too much US bashing, as well as the French, not because we intend to, it's just there's a lot of it and there's only so many hours in the day. We've increased staff here by 25% this week, hopefully this will be easier to deal with. Racism is the SUPREME level of ignorance, it should be denied.

The thread that Beachcoma mentions is not familliar to me. A title would help, I'll look into it.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
For all of our sake I hope to God you're wrong, wolf.
Worst case scenario: One of the secret societies intervenes, and screws us all. I know I'm being a pessimist, but sometimes talking conspiracy gives me those "you're being watched" feelings, too.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join