It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a really bad feeling about ATS

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I've got to agree with torbjon!! Sorry Big Guy!

Whitelight had initially stated she had a bad feeling about ATS; she's still young and maybe her skills are not as honed as she would like?? But boy there has been drama!!

This could be seen as ESP, but without direction. I am sure that Whitelight meant no real malice in her posting of what she perceived as malevolent forces working for or against ATS!

IMO

Best Wishes

J

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Actually, I'm not sure I'm 'pro' whitelightwolf or 'anti' ats or any of that drama crap... enough drama in my life as it is, ya know?

What I Do find to be really interesting and am Very Curious about is why so many people scoff 'feelings', like they are evil or stupid or immature or some other less than flattering thing...

Especially a gut feeling from a person who is closer to the younger side of life than to the older side...

I'm currently raising a two year old daughter... she does not posses language yet, nor does she have a lot of life experiences to draw upon, she is, however, a wealth of feelings and emotions.

And they seem to serve her remarkably well, they seem to have real survival value... my old man used to say "I'd rather be lucky than smart".

Younger people seem to be much more in tune with 'gut feelings' 'luck' 'intuition' (whatever that thing is that can't be quantified and qualified by the scientific community and is therefore deligated to the back burner) than older people are (in general, nothing is black and white)

Perhaps it's because older people tend to have more life experiences to draw upon when faced with a new situation than younger people do... so us old folks pick through our memories trying to find a simular situation and how we can apply that knowlege to our current delima...

Young folks, on the other hand, might be more in tune with their 'feelings' simply because a larger percentage of their lives have been spent communicating emotionally...

example: our comrade here is what? 17, 18? Say everyones primary mode of communication is via feelings and emotions up until around the age 6... by 6 you have some solid life experiences, you have some memories of Past, and concepts of Future, you've got vocabulary and syntax... you start to express yourself more logically then...

Fully one third of her life was spent communicating via some invisible channel (gut feelings, vibes, emotions, whatever) on top of that, she's only two thirds of her lifetime away from that emotional state of awareness...

Whereas ME, a 42 year old fart, have only spent one seventh of my life in an emotionally aware state, and I'm six sevenths of my lifetime away from such an awareness...

Again, I'm not saying that her gut feeling was right on the money or anything like that, but I am curious why so many seemingly inteligent people so quickly dismissed it simply because it came from a Feeling and not from something that can be measured with a fancy scientific doo dad....

rock on
twj

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
hmm this is very intresting you know i see this funny acaully white i can see where you are comming from it makes alot of sence... and you know why beacuse there are so many smart/ intelligente people on this wedsite it would make sence if they whre secretly monetering it!... think about it everyone on this website or alot of them anyways have said some pritty outstanding things about this worlfd and about there views of the world if i where some highly strong goverment that bases it self on keeping people stupid/dummying them donw and i found this site with all these amazing people on it # of coutse i wuld have it under my eyes at all times

if we are here tlaking about conspiracies aliens egypt world order phylosiphies all of this stuff wouldnt it make sence if they moneterd our ideas and then in the end basically used them agiasnted us... we put out our views and oppinions they see them it makes sence if they where to use you own views and oppinions to hewlp them create more lies that goes agianst what we think.. seroisly lok at some of the threads that are put on up this website i can definitally see certian people or groups useing this information to help them out/ expande there ideas im acaully going to agree with you about this it jsut makes to much sence to me

and sure you moderators might not get what we are trying to say and you may hole all the keys to the castle... but with every castle there is secret entrences and passage ways that arent always beeing watched..... and lol im also 100% sure that there is technology that will bypass your codes and your scrpits and your passwords.... there is alot more to the interneet then alot of people think well there are many things one can do wiht the internet anyways and in the wrong hands with corrupt mind with the right technology pfff one can get the picture

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with feelings we all have inbuilt senses but most haven’t learnt to tune in properly. Nor more importantly hone their skills when it comes to determining the reality of their feelings and then expressing it is such a way that others listen and understand. That comes with wisdom (not always implied as age).

On the monitoring piece - most sites are monitored these days by any number of groups including governments AND the intrusion will and is increasing. Nothing sinister in that, just life in 2006.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've found that those little twitches in the gut, or that little whisper in your mind at times to be very handy, but until you learn to sort/separate them, they can be a bit confusing, (from a 39 year old fart.
)

I've been a member for quite some time, normally I read more posts than contribute, (sorry about that... brain dead after the end of a day..
), but I've never gotten the impression that ATS is some secretly run government site set out to monitor those with questions. It, (to me anyway), is a fantastic set of forums and users that can open your eyes and mind a bit further.

I'm not eloquent enough to get into some of the discussions, but there have been some doozies on here.

Bottom line: No government run operation, covert or otherwise, could possibly be run like ATS is run. There would be no public discussion topics like some of the topics on here. It wouldn't be tolerated on a government site of any type, I don't think.

KUDOS and then some to Staf, Forum admins, system admins and contributors. There is a safe haven for ideas, and this is it.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by metallion]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The government just got the OK to get user data from Google. I think ATS could be forced too.

Has ATS been forced?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
more importantly what are you going to post that would be of ANY intrest to gvt?

just a simple thought is all

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It seem to me that newcomers should be informed about existance of this part "politics.abovetopsecret.com". This forum gives the variety of opinions in politics and helps to restore the image of neutrality of creators of ATS project.
I have found only after long period of using.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
*yawn* this thread is still going? Why can't you all just shut off and let a man get some sleep. My gosh, this seems to have been going on for far too long.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
Now I do not know what you guys can do...but I do find it wierd how you all have S for your name...in the begining.
[edit on 13-3-2006 by whitelightwolf]

Sorry.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
METALLION,

I agree that those ‘gut feelings’ can be confusing… to an adult. Which leads me to

LADY OF THE LAKE,

I’m not sure I can buy into the concept that we have to ‘learn’ to ‘tune in’ and ‘hone’ our emotional skills…

IF that were the case, then that skill would have no survival value and would be useless to the group of people who seem to need it the most: Young People.

If anything, I think the opposite is the case; we (as adults) need to ‘unlearn’ and ‘tune out’ the dogma of our adult education in order to better understand what we are experiencing when we have those ‘gut feelings’

However I do agree with you that articulating those feelings is no easy task, especially for younger people. Young people are kind of in a no win situation… no longer in that place where communication is 100% non vocal, yet not quite in that place where communication is almost entirely vocal… an awareness of both worlds but masters of neither.

Our young comrade had a huge feeling, which was followed by an equally huge reaction. The reaction perhaps was not the most prudent of things to do. The reaction perhaps was not in proportion to the feeling due to a lack of experience in communicating on this level.

I’m not sure that entirely invalidates the original feeling though.

She experienced something, she tried to express it, and she got jumped on by a lot of people who were either unwilling or unable to even Try to understand it… seems a little uncool to me, tha’s all.

duty calls
twj

[edit on 18-3-2006 by torbjon]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
Guys...After much time on ATS...I just have this HUGE feeling that there is just something wierd going on...Now I know, I KNOW that the government absolutely monitors this site. But who is behind the whole entire thing. And the thread about ATS being the big conspiracy makes a whole lot of sense....I am just saying, I have this HUGE feeling, and those "HUGE" feelings I get are never wrong. Something fishy is going on here...and I don't like it.

Can anyone else feel what I am feeling...I mean, I feel like this may be connected to everything, and right now our identities are noted and kept in files...This also I feel...has something to do with the New World Order..I feel it has to do with aliens...and I also feel it has to do. And this is what I feel the most...the government. Afterall, this is the worlds largest conspiracy site..

pmsl. troll alert
very good buddy
cant believe people actualy bother with your thread

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Conspiracy this! I am in the U.S Air Force/-the military and all that blah blah blah stuff, but thats besides the point. On the job, we have computers that apparently filter out all websites deemed anti-government, conspiracy related, sexual orientated, racist, so on and so forth. For as long as I can remember (2 years +) I can always sign onto this Message Board/-website without a problem. I do it at work, I don't care. They've known for the longest time the way I think and feel. So its not going to harm me any more than it has. This might or might not be clear proof that the U.S. Military uses this site for monitoring themselves, but it does bring up the question why do the filters block sites similar to this, but not AboveTopSecret.com itself?

I don't have the answer to that one. Maybe it comes up as a google.com or yahoo.com type website when the internet cache is typed in the address bar. Or just maybe this site is apart of the NWO all filled with paths and trails to catch US All Off Guard? Who knows...? All I know is that I'm the last to downgrade any conspiracy-related topic as false and the first to point out what might seem to be reality based, when in essence is but an illusion. You're welcome to ask me further questions as to what I feel about this. Plus about the impending WAR
WITH
IRAN...!?

Truth Be Told

~ E ~

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gingerlad

Whitelight had initially stated she had a bad feeling about ATS; she's still young and maybe her skills are not as honed as she would like?? But boy there has been drama!!
J

I agree that there has been drama and this thread has gone on for far longer then it should. You have to take this thread into context though.

An accusation is made against this site in one form or another. It happens quite a bit. Now imagine if the Mods or Staff shut the accusation down without it being fully aired.

Every conspiracy buff on the site would suddenly have red flags going off right and left.

If everyone is to feel comfortable, when things like this come up they have to be allowed to run their course. To shut them down would serve only to reinforce the accusation that was first made.

As long as this thread is running ATS can simply steer the new accusations over here and say its already being discussed.

This is not the first or last time a thread like this will have a long run, and thats how it should be.

Wupy

[edit on 18-3-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by torbjon
I’m not sure I can buy into the concept that we have to ‘learn’ to ‘tune in’ and ‘hone’ our emotional skills…

IF that were the case, then that skill would have no survival value and would be useless to the group of people who seem to need it the most: Young People.

I probably haven’t explained what I mean very clearly. We are all born with a ‘sixth’ sense and the ability to tune into our inner voice/inner child and to see what is beyond our 3D world. As we get older we appear to lose that skill – partly due to our education and partly due other influences. As adults I believe we need to tune in again and to re-establish our connection with those skills. The other point that I would like to make is that as adults we often have ‘feelings’ but most tend to dismiss them. In my experience if I really tune into my’ feeling’ my ‘sixth sense’ it is rarely wrong. It is about redeveloping trust. Trust that the young have and we appear to have lost.

One of the reasons we lose the ability to trust our sixth is because of reactions that young people such as whitelightwolf received. I was as bad as many others here. Now I know that she is only young I understand her challenges a little more. The other lesson that the young have to learn is to weed the ‘chaff from the corn’.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I Have A Good Feeling...

Poor whitelightwolf seems to have gotten more than she bargained for, but this is actually a fun sort of ritual, really.

Sort of an ATS initiation paddle-gauntlet, if you will.

This is a long thread, and I just now skimmed through it (yes, I'm a skimmer) and wrote down some thoughts...

1. The Three Amigos = SSS. I wonder what acronyms people will come up with -- aside from the obvious Reptilian references.

2. ATS too competent to be a government operation? Ah, if only that weren't true...

3. ATS isn't filtered out for being "anti-government" because it isn't. It's not anti-anything, except anti-ignorance.

4. Springer clones? 'Nuff said -- although that has the makings of a good Halloween episode for the ATS TV show.

5. The monochrome monitor obviously belongs to Thomas Crowne, and that explains a lot, doesn't it?

6. Beware the Fourth Amigo!

7. Oooh, Simon was not amused. Yet even when he's annoyed, he's so damn polite! Maybe Skeptic can give him some lessons in good old-fashioned New York street etiquette.

8. Poor whitelightwolf, pleading for the thread to be deleted while other ATSers dance around her in a circle and taunt her in a sing-song manner. Sorry, but it is not the way of our people.

9. Oh, and speaking of paychecks

10. Classic DontTreadOnMe empathic moment: "Who to trust? Who not to trust?" Too many nice people on the staff. That's the problem!

11. So, is the Government monitoring us? Sure. Poor bastards.

12. Oops! The Masons had to come up sooner or later. I wonder which secret societies won't get mentioned.

13. Global warming. Right on, loam.

14. Skadi, you make kitty scared. If only you were more paranoid -- although a government-sponsored new front door would be nice. But change the locks afterward and don't talk too close to it...

15. Ah, some SSS acronyms. Keep going. The right acronym needs to nail it.

16. Good points: is it cruel to leave the thread open? Maybe, but actually this is more of a town hall meeting than a village stoning. Dangit.

17. Ooh, Valhall a moderate moderator? I don't think so. She can enforce the T&C, but she can't stop being Val.

18. MrWupy read my mind about Thomas's monochrome monitor.

19. Ah, Val said to "Just Say No", but as a skeptic, I say: "Just Say Maybe".

20. Here we go: the calls for mercy. Right on! I knew there was good in you. The Emperor hasn't driven it from you fully...

21. Now call in the lawyers...

22. The PTB, TPTB, TP TB. Someday I need to figure out what that means. Something about toilet paper or tuberculosis, I'm thinking.

23. Ah, Merger dreams about ATS. I do that sometimes when I've been on too long. Sometimes I wake up with my arm in the "mouse" position, clicking on article that aren't there. Hold me.

24. Arm of Geddon: A Tracking System.

25. soficrow, don't ever change.

26. A little extra paranoia around Page 8. Good, good.

27. QuietSoul inspires me yet again:

Originally posted by QuietSoul
I didnt even bother reading the last 9 pages. I'm sure it went somewhere along the lines of the other 9 threads we've had in the past 3 or so months about ATS being some covert agency's master plan.

Amen, so I'll just cut to the chase before the mods lock the thread:

28. Where can I get my own pet hobbit?

Hazed And Confused

whitelightwolf, you may consider yourself officially hazed.

Don't feel bad -- it's actually fun when you think about it. And you're not alone.

Go hunt down some of my earliest posts if you want to see some real embarrassing stuff.

Props to a sister member and fellow drama queen, and thanks for offering our eclectic community another opportunity for healthy catharsis.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hi everyone! Thank you for the criticism, and thank you for the support. I have to say a few things though....

I understand I was a burdon in the beginning..I was posting threads about ATS being reptilians. No..that was merely because I was angry. Angry at people on ATS for not replying. I also didn't know how to use the "quote" button... I am grateful to many people on ATS for giving me a hand.

I have to say, I apologize for my immaturity. I am not here to shove my beliefs down anyones throat. I am not here to bash ATS either. ATS is an incredible site. And whether the Government monitors it or not, there is still a lot of great information as well as fabulous stories. Cheers to the man who started it all. I love conspiracy theories..but I am not paranoid about any of it.. Usually if I become too excited about it. I like to state my thoughts right away! I am not going to lie...there has been some crazy things going in my life..and for me not to believe in aliens..hah would be rediculous.

Many people have had a lot of experiences. Some haven't had any. I believe that having an open mind is great. So anyways, I am absolutely not here to cause trouble, and If I ever did, or offend anyone I am truly sorry, I should not take out my personal things on ATS. Nor should I state rediculous theories without any links..or back up information.

In regards to my first post in the beginning of this thread. I do not mean that ATS is sinister. I believe this is a fantastic site, it has all the information you will ever need. I respect Skeptic Overlord, Simon Grey, and Springer because they have done a fabulous job keeping ATS on its toes, and keeping everyone in control. Guys, don't worry about your game with the Nick Berg problem in it. I believe that, you did not intend it to be such a negative view to others. Much applaud to you for giving money to Nicks family also.....

Overall.. I hope you will not hate me. I hope you will give me another chance..I am also here to spread information for people to either take it..or leave it. I am interested in hearing others opinions but i will not argue with them about it. I love ATS. I love being here....that's all folks. Hahah, and I can't believe this thread is still going.

*whitelightwolf*

[edit on 19-3-2006 by whitelightwolf]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Whitelightwolf..... I did u2u a couple of minutes ago responding to your latest post in this thread.... I will re-itterate that here.

I'm proud that you've decided to not let your ego continue overiding your thoughts....... it shows great courage to do what you just did... well done.

I hope that others will see that you are still only human, and even though acting on emotions can result in unexpected reactions, i hope that you have learned from this experience...

All the best

Merger

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
In response to whitelightwolf's last post....Big Love going out to ya'.

NC

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
can anyone link me to this "ATS conspiracy" thread.

I've never had the pleasure of seeing it.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join