I Have A Good Feeling...
seems to have gotten more than she bargained for, but this is actually a fun sort of ritual, really.
Sort of an ATS initiation paddle-gauntlet, if you will.
This is a long thread, and I just now skimmed through it (yes, I'm a skimmer) and wrote down some thoughts...
1. The Three Amigos = SSS. I wonder what acronyms people will come up with -- aside from the obvious Reptilian references.
2. ATS too competent to be a government operation? Ah, if only that weren't true...
3. ATS isn't filtered out for being "anti-government" because it isn't. It's not anti-anything, except anti-ignorance.
clones? 'Nuff said -- although that has the makings of a good Halloween episode for the ATS TV show.
5. The monochrome monitor obviously belongs to Thomas Crowne
, and that explains a lot
, doesn't it?
6. Beware the Fourth Amigo!
7. Oooh, Simon
was not amused. Yet even when he's annoyed, he's so damn polite!
can give him some lessons in good
old-fashioned New York street etiquette.
8. Poor whitelightwolf
, pleading for the thread to be deleted while other ATSers dance around her in a circle and taunt her in a sing-song
manner. Sorry, but it is not the way of our people.
9. Oh, and speaking of paychecks
10. Classic DontTreadOnMe
empathic moment: "Who to trust? Who not to trust?" Too many nice people on the staff. That's
11. So, is the Government monitoring us? Sure. Poor bastards.
12. Oops! The Masons had to come up sooner or later. I wonder which secret societies won't
13. Global warming. Right on, loam
, you make kitty scared. If only you were more paranoid -- although a government-sponsored new front door would be nice. But change
the locks afterward and don't talk too close to it...
15. Ah, some SSS acronyms. Keep going. The right acronym needs to nail it.
16. Good points: is it cruel to leave the thread open? Maybe, but actually this is more of a town hall meeting than a village stoning. Dangit.
17. Ooh, Valhall
a moderate moderator? I don't think so. She can enforce the T&C, but she can't stop being Val.
read my mind about Thomas's monochrome monitor.
19. Ah, Val said to "Just Say No", but as a skeptic, I say: "Just Say Maybe".
20. Here we go: the calls for mercy. Right on! I knew there was good in you. The Emperor hasn't driven it from you fully...
21. Now call in the lawyers...
22. The PTB, TPTB, TP TB. Someday I need to figure out what that means. Something about toilet paper or tuberculosis, I'm thinking.
23. Ah, Merger
dreams about ATS. I do that sometimes when I've been on too long. Sometimes I wake up with my arm in the "mouse" position,
clicking on article that aren't there. Hold me.
24. Arm of Geddon: A T
, don't ever change.
26. A little extra paranoia around Page 8. Good, good.
inspires me yet again:
Originally posted by QuietSoul
I didnt even bother reading the last 9 pages. I'm sure it went somewhere along the lines of the other 9 threads we've had in the past 3 or so
months about ATS being some covert agency's master plan.
Amen, so I'll just cut to the chase before the mods lock the thread:
28. Where can I get my own pet hobbit
Hazed And Confused
, you may consider yourself officially hazed.
Don't feel bad -- it's actually fun when you think about it. And you're not alone.
Go hunt down some of my earliest posts if you want to see some real
Props to a sister member and fellow drama queen, and thanks for offering our eclectic community another opportunity for healthy catharsis.