It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a really bad feeling about ATS

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have been a registered member on ATS here for a little while and I have "lurked" MUCH longer.
I have to say ATS has the best blend of skeptics and believers. (Go ahead and argue with me, I love a good argument
)
As for whether or not ATS is of government persuasion, I doubt it, but I don't look to criticize the original poster for posing the question. All I ask is they spend more time here and see that, though we might be MONITORED, ATS is a place where we can all come, discuss, hopefully learn, and have some fun

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Here we go again.

-sigh-

A couple questions first.

1) What can we (3 Amigos; Simon, Springer, and myself) do to convince people there is no government involvement in the operations of ATS?

There really is no lasting remedy to this problem. This is a conspiracy website and some of those who come here will find conspiracy in almost anything. Logic is rarely a factor in finding conspiracy where none exists. In fact, if logic were to prevail, I'm sure the site would consist of a single forum with 36 members.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
WhiteLightWolf. You just keep on keepin on. Some of the high muckity-mucks are a bit sensitive just now (and rightfully so), so anything about ATS is going to get a strong reaction as you have no doubt noticed by now

If you've got something to say, go ahead and say it.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
On one level threads like this can be cathartic. It gives anti ATS complainers a focus to gripe in. It also gives the pro ATS'ers a forum to respond.

Over all it shows the small minded silliness that can come to dominate the board when people buy into conspiracy theories.

I think the presence of a thread like this and the fact that its firing blanks just shows that ATS is not controled by the governemnt or a letter club.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Does anybody know how to use black ice protection application?

Well i use it, along with firewall and others. And im noticing my pc will not connect at all to ATS unless i ''allow'' this adress.

150.70-86-59.reverse.theplanet.com [ Ip 70.86.59.150 ] (ATS website)

(''Reverse the planet?'' is that good? do u mean back to the future or back to primitive!?) haha..

Anyway guys no other website is locking me out when i ''reject'' their probing..

So to me this seems odd? but im not anywhere near expert at using it and understanding it, but i do know how to use it and work it.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by syberkat]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
heh, kind of funny actually.....but I don't think its of any significance.... 'reverse' in DNS usually refers to a Reverse DNS lookup, IE a HOST (www.abovetopsecret.com) to an IP address.....(70.86.59.150) or vice versa

Blocking that HOST (150.70-86-59.reverse.theplanet.com) by blocking the IP address... which you seemed to point out in your post as also being the address of (www.abovetopsecret.com) another HOST...so 2 hosts for 1 IP address....meaning you're blocking the actual website thus not accessing it......because you're not blocking the host, you're blocking the IP address, so going to either host after blocking the IP....will give you the same result, and that is no access.

That is 6 year old information....can someone verify if i'm correct? (i'm rather outdated in this field)

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thanks well appreciated. I got to the middle of that and lost the plot faster than the icke reptile scenario
Yeah but i understand now, tho its still ATS the only site i get that with.. so far.

Reverse the planet is a funny synchronicity my life is full of it..

mod edit, to remove quote of previous post

[edit on 14-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Really, who cares?

Everything is being funneled into the secret government agencies. NSA, MI5, ect., all have monitoring tools so powerful and wicked, we cannot begin to comprehend.

Every telephone cal you make, email you send, bill you pay and search term you use, is being mined.

I'm sure the guys who run this site are good folk, but they are not protected against big brother.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Who is planet.com?
My fire wall blocked an intrusion.
I looked up over who IP's was it and it said planet.com, and this with out opening anithing, the computer was idile, the screen saver was on and my fire wall poped up.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Who is planet.com?

I believe theplanet.com is our host provider. Seem to remember SkepticOverlord stating that.

I would imagine it's only ATS related.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
yeah because the government isn't just making you sound all stupid and not knowing and crap... ok... so maybe you "feel" that for some reason, ATS is being monitered? ok... go out and openly quote tons of ATS threads in downtown or whereever lots of people are... NO ONE IS GOING TO CARE!thats why ATS was start.. TO HELP people like me and the other posters on ATS spread and converse with others of the same like... so please.. LEAVE ATS ALONE... oh and why would the FBI or CIA or whatever let Vahalla on the air? think about it

--YOURS TRULY--

cooldude76

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by pepsi78
Who is planet.com?

I believe theplanet.com is our host provider. Seem to remember SkepticOverlord stating that.

I would imagine it's only ATS related.

Then why is it poping up on my fire wall has an intrusion
with the computer idile.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Yup!

Does the Gov look into ATS? Probably, I would if I were them. Free thinkers are those they don't already have under their thumbs.

Worry you? Not me. Trigger words? We all know them, Bush, bomb, etc. I'm not stressing the FBI, RCMP at my door. That's right, I'm Canadian but we also have the same protocols in place.

whitelightwolf, feel free to post as you see fit inside the T&C. No worries.

[edit on 13-3-2006 by intrepid]

Just an update, have yet to hear from any government agency. Well, aside from my boss, he says I'm doing a good job.

Just so no one freaks out, I work for the provincial gov. as a maintanence mechanic.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
why would the government waste time in monitoring what is said on here, i am sure they have more pressing matters to be dealing with

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
How many people would it take to monitor everything that is said on this board as well as all the others in the world. Then add to that all the e-mails, cell phone calls etc..
The entire population of the planet plus one?

The government could not possibly put even a dent in monitoring communications world wide. I ran into a group a while back that had a list of the flag words that bring communications to a humans attention. They were having as many people as possible send this list out over the net to confound the system. Pile that kind of interference in with the rest and I think the chances of any individual being randomly monitored is very unlikely.

My theory is that the person who started this thread is trying to divert attention away from themselves

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think part of the thread here is based on a form of adolescent paranoia.

I am sure no one cares what joe doe posts on ATS, only if you start getting strong anti societal themes and ideas (such as found on stormfront) or other pro violence sites would it become an issue.

Most of the "we are being monitoured" paranoia is by people with overblown opinions of themselves and their ideas, when in reality the truth is much more mundane.

Wouldn't it be nice to know that you are so important the governemnt is hanging off your every word? Better than the self realsization that you are a powerless paeon, a mere cog in the machine. Walter Mitty is alive and well on ATS sometimes.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The governments like this site because it is one stop shopping.

If out of a million words and pictures, and a few thousand members here, the governments can get just one good piece of info......they are satisfied.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I think part of the thread here is based on a form of adolescent paranoia.

My thoughts exactly, Netchicken!

I think this is more a result of falling into/finding the proverbial rabbit hole and realizing it is the size of the Grand Canyon. Add to that the innocence/ignorance of youth and you have a situation which presents more questions than answers. For that matter, I think it has the same effect on many adults as well.

Welcome to ATS! whitelightwolf

[edit: to add]
Ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of, we're all ignorant to an extent.

[edit on 3/14/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
How many people would it take to monitor everything that is said on this board as well as all the others in the world. Then add to that all the e-mails, cell phone calls etc.

Havnt you heard of Echelon? Google it. You are obviously way in the dark with modern technology.

What makes you think they need lots of 'people' to monitor telecommunications? this is 2006.

In th 1940s they were already about 30 years more advanced in this area than people thought. And information doubles n triples faster every decade id imagine.

All they need to do is program x amount of trip words and phrases and slang etc.. into the machine, and a few 'people' maintain it, maybe (maybe! il go get echelons info myself and find out)

Yeah ok look

ECHELON is a term associated with a global network of computers that automatically search through millions of intercepted messages for pre-programmed keywords or fax, telex and e-mail addresses. Every word of every message in the frequencies and channels selected at a station is automatically searched. The processors in the network are known as the ECHELON Dictionaries. ECHELON connects all these computers and allows the individual stations to function as distributed elements an integrated system. An ECHELON station's Dictionary contains not only its parent agency's chosen keywords, but also lists for each of the other four agencies in the UKUSA system [NSA, GCHQ, DSD, GCSB and CSE]

www.fas.org...

Now i do bare in mind it would still take enormous resources to monitor every single computer converstion and website, but they dont have to monitor every website when they have nice big global ones where most of the sheep flock.. (like this one)

I bet the likes of Sitchin.com is monitored and davidicke.com etc.. sites and people who are really big with mass influence.

Still i dont care whos monitoring what, well i do but its tuff shhhhht. lol

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
Guys...After much time on ATS...I just have this HUGE feeling that there is just something wierd going on...Now I know, I KNOW that the government absolutely monitors this site.

While the occasional government worker (and people from the military, etc) reads and participates in this site, the US government as a whole has NO interest in it. None, whatsoever.

The big attraction of this site is the excellent job that members have been doing searching out and keeping up with news stories posted elsewhere. We don't generate the stories and we're not the first to post them. But I always checked here as a convenient "one stop" location for interesting tech stories and interesting science stories. ATS does a top-notch job collecting world news as well, and to any news junkie it's a valuable resource.

But monitoring folks here?

Nah. Tracking the IPs shows this very clearly.

They monitor sites like Jane's Defense News. They will monitor Aryan Nation groups. Moveon.Org is undoubtedly under surveillance.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join