It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is almost certain to change its flag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
This is paramount to a prophesy being fulfilled.

the generation that see the beginning will see the end. Israel was created in a day, as prophesied, and this flag has represented an entire generation of Israelis.
Before this flag is replaced, we shall see the Second Coming.

PREPARE, FOR THE COMING OF YOUR LORD IS NEAR!

Oh, comon, TC. Please. Ive had enough the end is neigh prophecies to last me the rest of the month. First schitzophrenic hookers claiming we are going to nuke our own west coast, now this!

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

Originally posted by The_Voice
Changes would be good but who cares about the flag. People need to think BIG.

Who cares about the flag ???

The Flag represents the very symbol that represents Jewery today- The Star of David.
It is stupid to say the least that the Flag is irrelevant as the sheild of David is a symbol of the almighty. This is also alluded to in the third blessing after the Haftorah reading on Shabbat: "Blessed are you God, Shield of David."
What "bigger" picture is there than the very faith that defines the Jewish people? Ignoring the symbol means that they turn their backs on everything that is held holy by the Jews.
Apart from this it is also a blow to Zionism and the dream of a jewish homeland.

Apparently in your attempt to understand this issue you have failed to take into account the very principles that the Jewish people hold dear to them. Ignorance is NOT bliss !

Jesus, calm down dude. They are talking about removing two horizontal blue lines, not the Star of David. I suggest you read the article before going off on a blazing tirade and shouting people down.

I have a feeling this is being blown out of proportion by the right-wingers in the Likud party. I bet Netanyahu nearly choked on his weet-bix when he heard about this.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Amazing how bent out of shape people get over flags.
They say they want it changed because of what it represents, well wouldnt a new flag still keep the symbol/spirit of the people? How do you erase that.
Time to get over this flag business, its really absurd.

Gods Peace

dalen

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
well done^

Its sad that someone who clearly knows how to read has selective vision and can take something out of context like the forementioned, and then without a carefull examination of the thread, go on the offence.

Typical Jew or fan of. Doesnt matter much to me.

Now I can get back to chugging ranch dressing and I maintain, who cares about the flag. Keep it, change it, whatever......I was making reference to the word change and how Isreal needs to make change on many different fronts. But thanks for the history bit Bro...That was nice of ya'

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I can't believe people are answering this as though it's a real story.

But it wouldn't have been funny if they hadn't.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Uhm, excuse me? Do you really believe that is relevant? May I ask what you think a "typical Jew" is?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

Is this a joke? The web article looks legit to me, www.israelnationalnews.com, is that some kind of satirical website? Hey JB1, your not a mod any more? What gives?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Its sad that someone who clearly knows how to read has selective vision and can take something out of context like the forementioned, and then without a carefull examination of the thread, go on the offence.

How to read !? Do you understand the words "who cares about the flag" !
The Jews care ! and so does everybody who holds their nation dear. Its called Patriotism, some people have it.

As with the Palestinians, they would employ the typical stategy that they have used over the millenia, the whole "arab & camel" story. First the stripes and soon the Star of David. Thats why it is so important to make a stand for the flag. Giving up two lines is a cop out by the Defense minister here and there will be more to follow !

As for your "Typical Jew" comment, go wave your Swastika somewhere else,we dont want no skinheads !

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Guys calm down. The link to the news referred to what Hamas said. Riwka satirically talked of changing the Israeli flag to suit Hamas. Israel has no intention of changing its flag. Hamas can bitch and complain all it wants.
The good ol' Star-of-David and the 2 stripes are here to stay.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
Its called Patriotism, some people have it.

Patriotism sux, just as nationalism and racism.

How about individualism?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

Are you some pro-HAMANS agent ??

The Article is as real as it gets. Look at the user comments at the bottom of the link. 74 replies ! How can it be anything but the truth !

I think I'll try finding some hamentaschen cookies !

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Awww,

I didn't mean to upset you Bro but your swastika comment, based on no knowledge of myself, other then the fact that I don't care WTF Isreal does, shows us all that you are a hatefull, stone casting, childlike mouthpiece and thus, the true colours are revealed!

CELEBRATE!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I didn't mean to upset you Bro but your swastika comment, based on no knowledge of myself, other then the fact that I don't care WTF Isreal does, shows us all that you are a hatefull, stone casting, childlike mouthpiece and thus, the true colours are revealed!

stone casting, childlike mouthpeice??

Well, if this is supposed to be a rebuttal atleast make an attempt to use the right terms !! I could go on and castigate you but you have my pity.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Oh, comon, TC. Please. Ive had enough the end is neigh prophecies to last me the rest of the month. First schitzophrenic hookers claiming we are going to nuke our own west coast, now this!

You're just fed up because you've been reading the "Bat Boy" type threads insted of ones that contain factual information. "Hooker predicts end of world" is your typical World News Daily story. This on the other hand.....

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
*yawn*

You are too easy Bro......I fear that at the end of your day I'll be the most excitement you have had. Sad.

I now know that you're on the hunt too, lol and that is truely HILARIOUS!

Since you're just WAITING for something from me so you can jump all over it.....Well, there it is^ Have at 'er bud

....Ill keep baiting you until I get bored...Okay?

But for what it's worth, here's the skinny. I will not be goaded into a pissing contest with you or your kind and when I say game over, that will be it...Okay?

Your funny!

P.S atleast is two words.

eg. at least

I can use that in a sentence if you like. Sometimes I do that for the students. It can help.

Parlance.

And oh yes, to stay on topic, Isreal should change her flag. Stars and Stripes are pretty popular these days lol

[edit on 13-3-2006 by The_Voice]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Your funny!

Is that like "My bad"? Or do you mean "You're funny!" ?
I hope you pass that on to YOUR students.

Btw, satire or not, I can relate to those who think the idea of changing the flag of Israel to accommodate Hamas' demands is outrageous. I can imagine the outcry if another country were to demand that we change the Stars and Bars. And I'd be leading that outcry.

[edit on 13-3-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101It is stupid to say the least that the Flag is irrelevant as the sheild of David is a symbol of the almighty. This is also alluded to in the third blessing after the Haftorah reading on Shabbat: "Blessed are you God, Shield of David."

Is Israel a theocracy? You might surprise some of your fellow Israelis there.

But, the rationale of Hamas is kind of stupid. Israel neither controls to the Nile nor the Euphrates.

[edit on 13-3-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Paleo Hebrew YHWH Flag

$25.00 + Shipping

Israels current flag does not represent Jews it represents Zionism. King David wore no Star. Many Jews do not consider it to be a Jewish symbol. The Menorah Flag should be adopted if Israel continues to call itself a Jewish nation.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The New flag is gonna incorporate the new Israel spokeperson

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Happy Purim to all the jewish members of ATS.
For those not "in the know" Purim is a time of year where practical jokes are played on unsuspecting fools such as yourselves.

Shalom
Jensy

P.s some of you lot have taken this waaaaaayyy to seriously hate isnt cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join