It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of the world's rivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Disaster warning from UN as investigation reveals half of the planet's 500 biggest rivers are seriously depleted or polluted

The world's great rivers are drying up at an alarming rate, with devastating consequences for humanity, animals and the future of the planet.

The Independent on Sunday can today reveal that more than half the world's 500 mightiest rivers have been seriously depleted. Some have been reduced to a trickle in what the United Nations will this week warn is a "disaster in the making".

From the Nile to China's Yellow River, some of the world's great water systems are now under such pressure that they often fail to deposit their water in the ocean or are interrupted in the course to the sea, with grave consequences for the planet.

More...

Ok, that does it! I'm not reading anything else for the rest of the night!

Our planet is so broke... :shk:

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Never mind their drug content is so high they should all be busted...

But hey. Problem? What problem?

And people wonder where all the new diseases are coming from. Like microbes can't adapt to environmental change wayyy faster than humans.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
that's such a depressing article. Rivers are the veins of the Earth, when they dry up, she dies.

hope you don't mind, but I'd like to link this thread to the worldwide water shortage thread.

water, water everywhere, but not a drop a spare seems to be stuck in my head for some reason

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

The world's great rivers are drying up at an alarming rate, with devastating consequences for humanity, animals and the future of the planet.

And what choice did any other speices have in this?but this will not stop .... unfortunate to say the least.

[edit on 12/3/2006 by kuhl]

top topics

join