It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to possibly be censured?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
When I arrived to work this morning, I followed my usual routine - fire up the workstation - grab a cup of joe and check a few headlines.

Well on MSNBC, there was an article in which a bill is to be proposed that would place limits on the Press. These limits include not reporting on surveillance conducted by the government as well as not being able to report if the president is breaking the law or not. The penalties include up to 15 years in prison and a $1 Million dollar fine, or both.

LINK

I was a little shocked when I read this, but I figured it would get shot down rather hastily as did the port deal.

So I get on with my work. Well soon after the AP report came across the radio and there was a brief discussion about this bill. In repsonse, there are two bills being drafted. One to censure the President (slap on the wrist) and one to begin an impeachment process.

Now, I don't like Bush all that much - but to remove a President during wartime cannot be the best option.

Thoughts?

[edit on 13-3-2006 by crisko]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
Now, I don't like Bush all that much - but to remove a President during wartime cannot be the best option.

Thoughts?

There will never be a good time to get rid of Bush, as the US will be, forever involved in some kind of conflict (war), as long as Bush is in power. The US would be lucky if it ended anytime soon after Bush has been replaced.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have a bottle of wine I got for my birthday I planned to open for when Bush left office. If impeachment truly is in the horizon, then I aint gotta wait so damn long!

But its far too late to undo the damage he has already done to the US. Still, its never too late to at least stop the momentum and take a nice long deep breath.

Bush should have been impeached as soon as Enron broke out. LONG overdue!

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i cant stand bush, but PLEASE dont impeach him! why? one word....CHENNEY....DUN DUN DUN!!!

[edit on 12-3-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well the censure bit just hit CNN. No mention of the impeachment bit though.

LINK

Looks like we are in for another heated debate and lots of grandstanding from those with presidential aspirations.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yes, I heard about the censure as well. Democratic Senator Russ Feingold is heading the push in Congress. But, I think that with a censure, Bush will only get a slap on the wrist and that would be that.

Isn't it interesting that Bush always gets a "slap on the wrist"? For a man who has driven businesses into the ground, proclaimed himself dictator by circumventing the Constitution and then...nearly slink away from the S and L scandals of the eighties...I think that a censure is not enough.

He has to be held accountable for the things he has done. If not the World Court (because the US does not recognize it), then impeachment in Congress.

new topics

top topics

join