It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien cells found in rain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
curdrice.com...

Red rain in India was found to contain living cells. Picture's of the cells including link to the New Scientist and the Observer can be found at the link above.

Could be other possibilities besides alien life that should be taken into consideration like Bio-Weapons tests or other Atmoshperic testing. However it is quite likely this could be the real deal or to a lesser extent a genuine miracle.

I guess we won't know until it is investigated. If it is an alien lifeform it could explain how life evolved on our world to what it is now.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't know how to explain this...I have tried to explain this to many people, but I can see these cells in the rain. You can too! Just follow my instructions...

1.) First when it rains..go up to the window. And you will see raindrops.

2.) Put your face up close and look into the raindrop, but where the light is hitting it.

3.) You will then see cells!!! moving!!! I swear to god!

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
chemtrail related by any chance? or maybe a ufo dumped its waste on India? ya gotta wonder what is going on up there. But I'm only guessing of course.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
I don't know how to explain this...I have tried to explain this to many people, but I can see these cells in the rain. You can too! Just follow my instructions...

2.) Put your face up close and look into the raindrop, but where the light is hitting it.

What you are refering to are particles from the air that the rain has trapped, or particles on the window itself in the raindrop. Pollen flies through the air and rain will wash some out.

The red rain is an entirely different thing, with cless that dont seem to originate on earth, and are quite bizarre. they are not a normal phenomenon. If these cells were normally found in raindrops, scientists would have found them long ago.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You cant see a cell with the naked eye, you need a microscope for that. And all rainwater is full of all kinds of microorganisms. Even tapwater is. Look at it under a microscope and you'll see lot's of weird things=)

As for some of these to have come from space, I'd say that's certainly a possibility. But how can they really tell if it's a "alien" cell?

This is from Wikipedia:

Microorganisms are found everywhere in nature. Even in hostile environments, like the poles, deserts, geysers, rocks, and the deep sea, some types of microorganisms have adapted to the extreme conditions and sustained colonies; these organisms are known as extremophiles. Some extremophiles have been known to survive for a prolonged time in a vacuum, and some can be unusually resistant to radiation. Microorganisms are used in brewing, baking, biotechnology, recycling of other organisms' remains and waste products, and many other processes. They can also be harmful as pathogens when, as parasites, they cause infections.

Originally posted by whitelightwolf

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Presumably earth scientists based upon their big egos and bravado of facts and skepticism know everything about the earth. So if scientific types declare that a cell is alien then by god it is! Ooops I said god, sorry to god for that.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
They look disturbingly like red blood cells. amazingly similar actually....

Here, judge for yourselves....

www.sci.sdsu.edu...

Look at the two images side by side. It looks like they had a rain of blood... Uh oh!

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
They look disturbingly like red blood cells. amazingly similar actually....

Here, judge for yourselves....

www.sci.sdsu.edu...

Look at the two images side by side. It looks like they had a rain of blood... Uh oh!

I noticed that too. Very much like human red blood cells.

Kinda makes you wonder about where we really came from.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ok it came down in the rain... so hows this. A ufo, full of cows blood from all those mutilations decided to get rid of a few gallons of the stuff as it wasn't needed or past its use by date?

On a seriouse note, thats a freaky thing to find in the rain water. Cells of any type shouldn't be in the air!

But, rains of blood have been a feature through out time - Really freaky that one.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hmmm... if there are actually blood cells in the rain, it might give us a hint of what caused this phenomenon. Dried blood ("blood meal") is sometimes used as a fertilizer. It seems possible that a strong wind preceding a rainstorm could draw blood meal fertilizer into the air, which would then be absorbed by raindrops as they fell through the cloud of blood dust. A somewhat unpleasant thought, but not extra-terrestrial.

How might we determine whether this type of fertilizer was in use in the area?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_DoctorCould be other possibilities besides alien life that should be taken into consideration like Bio-Weapons tests or other Atmoshperic testing.

Or terrestrial organisms.

Could be other possibilities besides alien life that should be taken into consideration like Bio-Weapons tests or other Atmoshperic testing

Why?

whitelightwolf
You will then see cells!!! moving!!! I swear to god!

I beleive you.

The red rains can't be RBCs, since they are apparently still stable after years of sitting in a jar. Remember that the red rains occured in 2001.
Also recall that it started shortly after an airburst of a meteor over that region.
The paper notes that these objects are 4 micro-meters in size, whereas an RBC would range from 6-8 micro-meters, though it can change.
Here is a link from the blog to the scientific paper.
arxiv.org...

Here is an explanation of the elemental analysis that they did:
EDAX Analysis
CHN Analyzer

Apparently unknown 'black insects' have been associated with the red rain
www.100megsfree4.com...

This is one of the more interesting results of the study, an electron microscope image of one of the objects:
external image
I've gotta say that I am disappointed with that paper. The electron microscope pictures are great, however there wasn't any sensible analysis of them. I'm not familiar with EDAX analyses, so I don't know what to make of those results. If there were complex organic molecules in those objects, then they should've done any of a number of analyses that would've shown what kinds of organic carbon and functional groups are present. Its not too helpful to say that they have carbon. Rocks have carbon.

I did like the ethidium bromide test for nuclear material, and I especially liked that they went through the bother of trying the same procedure on yeast cells. But still, have the authors of that paper had this material for all these years and this is all that they have done with it???

Here is another arxiv article on the red rains:
arxiv.org...
Here is an article on colored snow and rain events in the somewhat distant past:
abob.libs.uga.edu...
Here is an abstract that was able to conclude that it was at least partly from dust.
taylorandfrancis.metapress.com...(ptj1bl45fmykdc4504h0o545)/app/home/contribution.asp?referrer=parent&backto=issue,3,8;journal,28,88;linkingpubli cationresults,1:102423,1

top topics

join