It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover Versions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ok im just listening to the brilliant Johny cash's "hurt" i looked up the lyrics and had no idea it was a cover of a Nine inch nails song by Trent Reznor.

so what are your favourite cover versions. I also like live and let die by Guns N' Roses which was a cover of the wings theme song to the James Bond movie of the same name.

Also list your worst covers, for the Britishers amongst us Gareth Gates springs to mind with unchained melody.

JAK

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Gareth Gates is nothing, Rolf Harris' cover of Stairway to heaven left me in shock for days.

Jak

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
That was bad ,

heard his version of "Bohemien Rhaposody"? :shk:

[edit on 12-3-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
My favourite is, and will no doubt always be Halleujah by Leonard Cohen, covered by Jeff Buckley.

The most annoying is Will Young/Gareth Gates doing Light My Fire by the Doors. I can't remember which one, but they massacred it! Worse still, they always play it at work.

Oh and Common People by Pulp was covered by William Shatner. That's pretty classic.

[edit on 13-3-2006 by EvilSpallacus]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSpallacus

Oh and Common People by Pulp was covered by William Shatner. That's pretty classic.

[edit on 13-3-2006 by EvilSpallacus]

That was beyond classic and moved into utterly hilarious

Orgy does a great cover of " blue monday" - originally by new order.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Lean on Me, original by Bill WIthers, cover by ROckapella. Love Rockapella songs, they have amazing voices. Same with Dancing Queen, Come on Eileen, Bohemian Rhasphody, Hound Dog, and so many more.

Also, Non-Rockapella, MxPx re-doing the Popeye theme song.

new topics

top topics

join