It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

apollo 11 moon landing site pic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have found this photo from clementine of the apollo 11 landing site. Personally I cannot see anything .Could someone with a bit more knowledge please explain the image.

For example why are the 3 astronauts names on this image?Are there craters near the landing site named after the astronauts?

Is the photo from too far out to see any details of the landing site?

BTW this is not a thread for debunking the moon landings but hopefully proving them.

This image is from a usgs.gov site.

link to pic
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

edit title

[edit on 12/3/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Also anyone know the meaning behind Moltke?

A quick search of mine only showed Helmuth Moltke from WW1

Help please.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
That's a weird picture. Those colors are interesting. Clementine was a weird mission. Apparently looking for strategic resources. Excavating for a mine..." And for some reason it's hard to find Clementine images of the lunar farside.

You are lost and gone forever...

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yes the colours are fake but the picture is the official picture of the landing site but i see no evidence of this.

Can anyone please help explain this?

The full site is here ,The apollo 11 link is about half way down:

astrogeology.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm just speculating here now: looks like Moltke is a ufo at the bottom of a crater. I also note the blocking out of the photo in areas at the top and bottom of the image, why is this?

Did not Apollo 11 see UFO's on the moon as has been rumoured. I also remember reading about a crater and them seeing something in it.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
I'm just speculating here now: looks like Moltke is a ufo at the bottom of a crater. I also note the blocking out of the photo in areas at the top and bottom of the image, why is this?

Did not Apollo 11 see UFO's on the moon as has been rumoured. I also remember reading about a crater and them seeing something in it.

This is an official us gov site so Idoubt it's pointing out a ufo although I see what you mean ..TY for your input.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think the best resoultion that Clementine got was 1km per pixel, and that was only by combining multiple images together of the same area.

Not enough to confirm the location of the Moon landing.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
I think the best resoultion that Clementine got was 1km per pixel, and that was only by combining multiple images together of the same area.

Not enough to confirm the location of the Moon landing.

That explains no clear images of the landing site but any explanation on moltke?.

BTW this is the pic from a US gov site not a picture at the moon landing coords i found myself.

Perhaps if someone knows the site coords we could check and see if the images match.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I just came in here to let you know a little about Moltke. Moltke is a crater just south of the apollo landing site obviously and it's just a crater sorry i don't reply much and i don't know anything else about the photo just thought i would fill you in on the crater hope it helps

Wikipedia

Some google links

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
TY for your input thug interesting....what about the other craters?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yes, the Aldrin, Collins and Armstrong are three small craters.

Moltke is also a crater. Since it has a high albedo, which makes it easy to see, it was used as a reference point at times. So it is most likely annotated here for that purpose.

Here is a good website on the various craters named in this photo:

www.astrosurf.com...

and some links on Moltke:

solarsystem.nasa.gov...

ahynes1.homeip.net:8000...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

en.wikipedia.org...(crater)

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thank you valhall your first link clearly shows this is the exact match down to the track like looking things in the south and all craters matching.

I guess the image cannot go close enough in to see in detail the site nevertheless a great help ty.

jra

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
NASA is sending another probe to map the moon sometime soon. I forget what it's called and when it will launch exactly. But it should have a resolution of about half a meter per pixel if I remember correctly. With that, one should be able to see the Apollo landing sites for sure.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Uh what's that in the crater or has everybody figured that out yet? I would like to know if somebody else does. Please post a response because it looks like something.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Doesn't look like there is anything in the crater. Besides, the resolution is far to low to be able to see anything there, even if there was something. And don't go by the color, as it is a false color image.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Okay, this is probably just some weird software thing, but NASA World Wind shows the Moltke crater looking like a city or a circuitboard or something.

Clementine 40xx data-set.
lat=-0.56429
lon=24.19681
alt=11165

external image
[Image links to full sized version - Please review this thread - Jak]

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Uh what's that in the crater or has everybody figured that out yet? I would like to know if somebody else does. Please post a response because it looks like something.

[edit on 18/3/06 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Sorry about that, here is a resized picture (680x448)...

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think the above picture is some kind of thermal, or electro magnetic imaging of some sort. I dont think theres anything in that crater. Ive been to some gov websites looking up moltke, but none of the pictures are actually close enough to see clearly...and the only one close enough...like the one above is taken by some kind of wierd imaging....anyway I can see how easy it is to jump to conclusions when looking at a picture that only gives you bits and pieces, but lets think a little logically here people, until it is scientifically proven then we have no way of knowing ufos or aliens exist, so there could be a ufo or there couldnt be, that is the question. If anyones interested look up some articles by ex nasa scientist richard hoagland....you should find some very nice documents and pictures if you look hard enough.

top topics

join