It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Changing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Like most I have been watching the war in Iraq. The war has taken on a couple of different phases . I want to discuss the evolution of the war.

Phase one: Shock And Awe(the strategy of reducing an enemy's will to fight through displays of overwhelming force.)
The war its self started March 20 2003(some rumors of pre bombing in late 2002 and early 2003).
Claims of Weapons of mass destruction posed a grave and imminent threat to the United States and its allies, was the reasoning. To this date none have been found.
With a coalition made of 98% United States and United Kingdom forces, The Iraqi Military was defeated, and Baghdad fell on April 9th, 2003.
On May 1, 2003, U.S. President George W. Bush declared the end of major combat operations.

Phase two: The Insurgents
Not long after, the insurgency with an unconventional war starts.
Later to be labeled terrorist, the insurgents are composed of at least a dozen major guerrilla organizations and perhaps as many as 40 distinct groups.
The next couple of years the coalition forces are battered. Thousands of Iraqis are Murdered.

Phase three: Civil War
This phase is the phase that is causing me the most distress. It seems once the golden dome of famed Shiite mosque was bombed, the situation became a civil war.

I personally don't understand how or why this change has occurred. To me, the insurgents are trying to unite, not dived. If it is a civil war, why are we involved?
It seems the Leaders are unsure of what is going on and are willing to rename to win support. Clearly there is an outside source of support. If Iran has a hand, the US forces have a hand, United Kingdom forces have a hand,
Syria has a hand......, IS it a civil war? I would just call it a war. (War:A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.)

How do other member feel about the Civil war?

[edit on 12-3-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It is for sure an ever changing war in Iraq. Anyone with common sense that was paying attention to the war knew that Bush's speech about major opperations being over was a bold lie. The speech was given to fool a few but most knew it was Bush Sh*t. No one expected to get on their knees and thank us for coming and blowing everything up and surprise they didn't.

The next phase was the creation of the Iraqi Police force and the American puppet Iraqi dictator. These were created in hopes to cause civil war in Iraq and focus the attention off the American presence that won't be leaving. It seemed to be working for a while untill I believe the terrorists wised up and realised what our plan was.

Now a new phase comes. There is no civil war, the troops are being bombarded on a daily basis and we can't leave for many obvious reasons. So this new phase is called, WHY THE FUK ISNT THERE CIVIL WAR YET!?? LETS SAY THERE IS CIVIL WAR AND HOPE THERE IS SOON O SH*T!!! Believe me thats what theyre calling it.

Untill there is civil war in the region, our troops will continue to fight a guerilla war.

That folks is why we need civil war so bad, were saying there is civil war.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So, you are saying the coalition wants a civil war?

new topics

join