It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wag the Dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
So I was watching this film the other day and was struck by the comparisons between it and politics following it's 1997 release. Much like in the film, 9/11 was followed by songs, heroes, and merchandise. As I watched I found myself asking questions and connecting it with reality. Why was 9/11, Afghanistan and Iraq so publicized, why heroes and songs, why television and media? Sure we can all just write it off with common sense, but where would the fun be in that?

As I continued I asked myself, let's say 9/11, Afghanistan, Iraq and maybe soon Iran is all a ploy, covering up something larger, something somebody doesn't want the U.S. or even the world to know about or uncover.

Lets go a little further, what if conspiracies in general are here to keep us away from the truth? 9/11 really did happen and it really was by terrorists and not the government, but THEY want us to squabble about it because it keeps us occupied?

So then my question becomes, what is it that they don't want us to know, what is it that they are so desperate to keep our minds off of?

For exampl let's say its the NWO behind this, what are they trying to keep us away from? The truth about them? Or something else?

[edit on 3/11/2006 by Forgiven]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forgiven
Lets go a little further, what if conspiracies in general are here to keep us away from the truth?

I'm a strong believer in that. I believe some conspiracy theories are made up by "them" to give us a bad name and to not be taken seriously.

So then my question becomes, what is it that they don't want us to know, what is it that they are so desperate to keep our minds off of?

That is hard to say. I guess we have to debunk all the garbage out there and whatever is left will be closest to the truth.
Really though "they" are more organized and resourceful than we can ever be.
The truth is out there but we will probably never see it.

join