It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embarassing sibling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Let's hear it...who has had a sibling that has done something to embarass the entire family? And I'm not talking simple bad grades or other simplistic crap...I'm talking trouble with other people, the law, the govt, etc.

What have you got?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Let's see...

most all families have one or more of these

as well as a few of these

While I won't take the liberty of disclosing personal family secrets, I will say that I am familiar with the potential embarassment and discontent these individuals and situations can place upon the family as a whole.

I find it's better not to allow the actions of others, family or otherwise , to affect how you feel you or your family are perceived by the rest of the world. It's just not worth the time nor effort. In a small town environment it can seem to have a rather daunting effect, yet I have found that most of those who would cast judgement on the whole, based upon the actions of one, have their own concerns to conceal.

Anyway, just my $.02 on the subject.

p.s. To those who are quick to pass judgement ... "Have you checked your closets lately?!"

[edit on 3/11/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If my family had cared what the neighbours thought of us, I'm sure I would have caused them some extreme embarrassment during my younger years.

Thankfully, they weren't that shallow and loved me no matter what kind of stupid things I did.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am the sibling to which you refer.
But, I always meant well.

Screw the system. I pass judgment on IT and find it guilty of not having a sense of humor.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I am the sibling to which you refer.
But, I always meant well.

Same here !
I was "solved" fairly easily by being shipped off to military school, best years of my life IMO.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Definitely I'm not suggesting we have a "dirty laundry" contest...

My black sheep brother has pulled another one of his brilliant stunts, and the family is going ballistic. We, as brothers, all stand together and show our support. He came up last night and had dinner with us, and told his story, which came up to be completely different than the propaganda that came from the folks. Frustrating to say the least.

I love my black sheep brother, it's his rebel ways that keep him far more interesting than the rest of us!

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
No matter what he or she does, how embarrasing you may find them to be. At the end of the day they are your family, and if them messing up is enough to change that, than shame on you.

Not to say anyone here is guilty of that, but that is just my opinion on the situation.

If a family member is causing another family direct harm, that is an act of embarrasment and should not be tolerated. Anything else, show your love and support and let them know they still have somebody. Thats what family is.

new topics

top topics

join