It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Masons are quite simply in the dark.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They say you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time.

And what they say is often true.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Warhol
They say you can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time.

And what they say is often true.

Exactly my point. And fooling some of the people all of the time is precisely the motives of many of the anti-Masonic conspiracy zealots.

You see, they'll willingly ignore the truth when it's presented to them because it doesn't give credibility to their outlandish claims.

Spreading hatred in the name of Christ makes me physically sick. That's why I'm so willing to stand up to the garbage these sites are posting about Masonry...something I have over 25 years active experience in, and many of the so-called "experts" have ZERO.

Think about THAT!

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
From reading, my understanding is that the illuminated part of the rituals in the blue lodge degree is simple talk about the three great lights of freemasonry, which is the Holy Bible in which we should all use as a guide, the square to square our actions, and the compass to "circuscribe and keep us within due bound".

This has nothing to do with the Illuminati or any other weird theory.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
EDIT: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-12-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What up Appak?! I have a question for some of the people here. Could it be that their are a few masons in the high upper degrees that are into the conspricay? Not to say that the christian church isn't part. We have some radical chrisitains out there as well. Real radical. Could their be some radical masons as well though? Is Donald Rumsefeld a mason?

[edit on 26-12-2006 by Andy Warhol]

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

What up Appak?! I have a question for some of the people here. Could it be that their are a few masons in the high upper degrees that are into the conspricay? Not to say that the christian church isn't part. We have some radical chrisitains out there as well. Real radical. Could their be some radical masons as well though? Is Donald Rumsefeld a mason?

[edit on 26-12-2006 by Andy Warhol]

What up?

Well, anyway, Andy I'll let you use ATS search to see why I won't comment on "high upper degrees."

Other than that, could there be Masons involved in conspiracy? Certainly. We've talked about that. I'm sure there ARE bad Masons. HOWEVER bad Masons involved in nefarious activities does not make the Masonic Fraternity a bad organization.

Some members of the locatl PTA might also be involved but that doesn't make PTA an evil organization. See what I mean?

The Masonic Fraternity is a fraternity and nothing more. Nor has it ever been intended to be more. If a FEW members take advantage of it and are involved in anything nefarious, it's not Masonry's fault...it's their own.

If it's not sanctioned by the particular governing organization it simply is NOT "Masonic" so a conspiracy that involves Masons is not "Masonic" conspiracy...just a conspiracy.

(Sorry for the rambling thoughts...no coffee yet and the kids are yelling in the background)

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I have a question for some of the people here. Could it be that their are a few masons in the high upper degrees that are into the conspricay?

The more one progresses in Masonry, the less likely they are to be involved in any sort of conspiracies.

Is Donald Rumsfeld a Mason?

No member of the Bush administration is a Mason, including Rumsfeld (nor is Colin Powell).

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the clear. Appak you are right thier are many bad people in all kinds of different organizations. It's amazing that their were a few bad masons back in the day. And people jump the gun and think that all masons are bad. Not the case though
. I hope you and masonic light had a nice christmas

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I hope you and masonic light had a nice christmas

Same to you, and happy new year!

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Thanks for the clear. Appak you are right thier are many bad people in all kinds of different organizations. It's amazing that their were a few bad masons back in the day. And people jump the gun and think that all masons are bad. Not the case though
. I hope you and masonic light had a nice christmas

Thanks Andy! Mine wasn't too bad, except my older son refused to wake up on Christmas morning and after much coaxing from the other members of the family (who aren't allowed to open their gifts until EVERYONE is present) I went into his room and tried and tried to get him out of bed. Finally he (sort of) woke up and said "Daddy I don't feel so good" I said, "But son, it's Christmas, of COURSE you feel good...let's go downstairs and open presents" Then he rolled over on his top-bunk bed, and threw up on my shoulder and down my back!

In retrospect, I suppose he DIDN'T feel so good.

I'm glad you understand about bad people and organizations. A few bad apples will show up from time to time...doesn't matter what kind of organization it is.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666
I'm a Mason and I have a most extraordinary power.

I have the uncanny ability to be able to tell when food is out of date.

OMG.. isnt that the first power bestowed on a MM in the knife and fork degrees?? i hear those are the really evil degrees too :-p

ok ok, i'm done being silly now.. or rather FOR NOW

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a freemason video clip

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
a freemason video clip

www.youtube.com...

Aside from quoting the Taxil forgery as if it were supposed to be real, what did any of that have to do with Freemasonry?

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Freemasons do not seek to meddle in politics, do not plot to overthrow Governments and have no plan for World domination. Freemasonry is a fraternal organisation that trys to make this World a better place for all the people who live in it.

In Countries where there is freedom of expression the Freemasons are able to meet and play an active part in the local community by rasing money for charities. There are many charities that have been given money by Freemasons. In Scotland a 6 figure sum was given to help set up a children's hospice.

Freemasons do not drug people, force people to become Freemasons, kidnap and torture people and as suggested by one person blow up toilets. As Freemasons we do not have the inclination or time to do these things. Our time is spent learning ritutal and visiting our various Masonic orders, to enjoy fellowship.

Gerard

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gerard
...and have no plan for World domination.

Interesting. A close friend of mine tried his best to convince me to join the second I turned 21. His exact quote was "One day we will rule the world." He was only third degree. What's even more interesting now, is the fact that he claims to have renounced freemasonry, but yet knows little about it. He knew enough then to feed me that line but now knows hardly anything, interesting.

Thing is now there are a majority of beings that speak outright lies and don't think twice about it, because there is no truth in them.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
Interesting. A close friend of mine tried his best to convince me to join the second I turned 21. His exact quote was "One day we will rule the world." He was only third degree.

i use to say that when i was in 3rd grade, it doesnt mean anything

and you say he now renounces the order... maybe that is because he found out all the crazy rumors are not true and he got bored

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep
Interesting. A close friend of mine tried his best to convince me to join the second I turned 21. His exact quote was "One day we will rule the world." He was only third degree. What's even more interesting now, is the fact that he claims to have renounced freemasonry, but yet knows little about it. He knew enough then to feed me that line but now knows hardly anything, interesting.

I he truly believed that, he never knew much about Freemasonry in the first place.

Small wonder he dropped his membership.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I dont see how after all this explanation on masonry it eludes some .To those of you brothers who try and try to explain it it is you good spirit that makes you keep doing it .I would like to try and help some people but it seems as if it just wont happen.I guess the profane are that way for a reason.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I know the mason calling cards they leave for each other, and it is very troubling. One of the signs they use is the flash of light on the tv screen that then usually strings along the screen. All news shows start broadcast with this symbolism.

The question I have is do free masony entities and corporations sue each other? I mean, can a corporation get away with anything just because they are freemason, but if a non mason business did the same thing will they be prosecuted? Seems unethical to say the least.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
With regards to some masons being in the dark about what is going on in the upper levels of their fraternity, maybe.

Maybe this is a naive way to look at it, but I feel that if there is some truth to all the conspiracy theories that revolve around them, the ones using their knowledge malevolently are the ones who are really in dark.

Knowledge comes with responsibility, the responsibility to practice using it responsibly.

The masons I have known, have led through example and have consistently shown excellent character.Tools can be used to build or dismantle, I like to think that sooner or later, everyone comes to the conclusion that the universe has been framed using laws and principles that apply to everyone.

A big part of that conspiracy theory is fear, smoke and mirrors meant to distract individuals from practicing taking control and being the change they want to see in the world.

That's a idealistic perspective to have, especially considering the elements of mystery that surround those involved in groups like these.I believe that once someone has matured emotionally they understand cause and effect enough to build long term, instead of simply for the moment.If not, they make wake up one day, and realize the only ones they really hurt were themselves...

edit on 5-3-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

edit on 5-3-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: spacing, grammer

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join