It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Masons are quite simply in the dark.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spatacus
Hmmmmmmmmmm................................................

I was just thinking, in a recent post MAsonic Light said that there were some pretty cool and important secrets, now I'm just connecting the dots here but he said that they don't actually teach the real meaning of the masonic symbols to masons, so then why is that? Is it that the thoughtfull ones could figure it out? I don't think so because he said that the teachings of BOTA helped him understand the real secrets of masonry. So is it then possible that there is a secret shadow organization that does teach these secrets?

That could be because I personally am sort of dim-witted. The BOTA offers an actual academic course in the mysteries, which makes it all a bit easier to apprehend, and to put into context. Some masons, however, have learned the same things from Masonry alone (Pike is a good example, as the only other society he belonged to outside of Masonry was the Odd Fellows).

I'd be very interested to find out how old is BOTA, how long has it been affiliated with masonry, it actually operates in the masonic lodge, right around the corner of my house. If its not that old what are it's lineage and are their links to their lineage with freemasonry?

Quickly, in a nutshell:

In the early 20th century, there was a Temple of the Hermetic Order of the Golden called Alpha et Omega located in Chicago. In the mid-1920's, Dr. Paul Foster Case was elected Chief Adept.

After MacGregor Mathers died, his widow, Moina Mathers, became Supreme Magus of the Order, and many in the G.'.D.'. did not agree with some of her administrative decisions. Case was a vocal opponent of some of them, which resulted in his expulsion from the Order, while serving as Chief Adept of the Alpha et Omega. This incensed the members, who resigned en masse, being loyal to Case. This group became the nucleus of what would become Builders of the Adytum.

Case believed the time was right to open training in the occult sciences to all sincere students, regardless of geographic location. He began to downplay the lodge system, instead creating an academic curriculum that could be studied via mail. This would allow everyone interested to participate, even if they did not live near a Golden Dawn Temple.

Case also greatly simplified the curriculum, deleting repetitive ritual requirements as taught in the Golden Dawn, focusing his curriculum on Tarot symbolism, and through it, the innermost secrets of the Holy Qabalah. The Board of Stewards, the governing body of BOTA, continues this work today.

Although Case was a Mason, and many male Builders of the Adytum are Masons today, the BOTA is not a Masonic society. Most BOTA members respect Masonry as the most exoteric of the esoteric mystery schools. Unlike Masonry, Builders of the Adytum is opened to both male and female Aspirants. It is registered in California, where Temple Headquarters are located, as a non-profit religious organization.

All fees and dues from members are used to cover mailing costs and the day-to-day running of the Temple. It has several full-time employees who receive salaries, but operates non-profitally. All excess funds received by the Temple goes to charity. All men and women of full age and good character are invited to join us in this, the Great Work.

Builders of the Adytum

[edit on 13-3-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spatacus
What that is totally on the subject

S, the thing that ML brought up had been brought up in another thread in the forum. It was, in effect, a spillover.

ConspiracyNut23
he uses the term “Illuminated” to describe being taken into the order

Which is odd, because this is a term that refered to weishaupt's bavarian illuminati accepting many masons, and then having illuminati ideology back-influence those members masonic lodges. The lines between the two were blured even more when Knigge revised the illuminati's structure such that it more closely resembled the (continental) masons. But without the illuminati, how is there any illumination?

[edit on 13-3-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
. But without the illuminati, how is there any illumination?

Whichever Masonry offspring that Edelweiss Pirate is referring too, they could just be using the term “illuminated” just as the Bavarian Illuminati did previously. – with no connection.

A lot of poster’s seem to laugh at the fact that Edelweiss Pirate is related to royal bloodlines. However, if he was at one point “tapped” by an elite order, that would be most likely be a requirement, or at least a bonus.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

However, if he was at one point “tapped” by an elite order, that would be most likely be a requirement, or at least a bonus.

Nah, too convenient. What gets me is that the claim to a royal bloodline is made to somehow authenticate his claims. It's as pointless as saying, "hey, I've got a birthmark on my bum...respect me!"

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles357
It's as pointless as saying, "hey, I've got a birthmark on my bum...respect me!"

I disagree; let’s not pretend that the elite isn't into this stuff. I’m sure you’ve read about Kerry and Bush being related. Not that I care about Bush or Kerry In particular, (top of my head example) it still demonstrates a point. Bloodlines are important to the elite (or anyone really) , let’s not so casually dismiss it.

[edit on 13/3/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
CN, I'm not dismissing royalty's involvement whatsoever. Check out many of the Grand Lodges of Europe and see how many of the GM's are royal. So, I'm in total agreement with you there.

You and I aren't on the same page yet with respect to EP's usage of the "royalty" card to validate his argument. You see, I believe he's just full of hot air, and when he pops out royal bloodlines, it does nothing to engender the credibility he desires.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I’m starting to realize that they are so many “renegade” lodge out there, that is has become pointless for any mason to try to debate some of these points.

I can download the secret of masonry online, then use these initiations and secrets and set up a gang of bank robbers around that. (Hey the 3 ruffians could be the stars) After my string of robbery theorizing the Western section of the United States, is official masonry going to be responsible for defending my acts? On this board, it seems so.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think we're on the same page, CN!

Use the 3 ruffians at your own risk, though...from what I know, they're pretty unreliable.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I've posted on this bloodlines business several times before...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...are just a few.

Claiming a bloodline link, either for oneself or for someone else, is an entirely bogus argument. Not because blood links with famous people in the past are rare - quite the reverse in fact - almost everyone in the Western world are likely as not at least 25th cousins to each other, many are more closely related than that.

www.eurekalert.org...

www.answers.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

You don't have to have studied this stuff long to see the pattern - it's a matter of simple mathematics. The concept of MRCA is pure statistics, and it's surprising just how recent the estimated MRCA really is.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
How about we ask him if bloodlines are important.

the models suggest we are all hundredth cousins or so

AND

the most recent common ancestor would have lived less than 1,000 years ago.

AND

These more realistic models estimate that the most recent common ancestor of mankind lived as recently as about 3,000 years ago

Source
www.eurekalert.org...

From your own sources; come on man that’s hardly third cousin. It’s a nice collection of links, but I don’t think MRCA will cut it for me.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
if you're working at a bank do you know what goes on at the highest levels..NO..how is this any different..

people who are of this masonry shouldn't be ignorant in thinking they know all that goes on..just like ones who aren't shouldn't think they know how corrupt it is..

either way the idea of the pyramid with knowledge at the top and ignorance at the base is a very common one..and if any masons here can't atleast consider it a possibility then that is quite close minded.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I see what you are saying invisibleplane but freemasonry just isn’t set up like a corporation. A corporation receives orders from the board of directors or the CEO. Freemasonry just doesn’t have a “central base of operation.” Individual Lodge don't receive orders from a central source.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edelweiss Pirate

I will add that I come from a royal bloodline family in the Uk. Maybe this has a bearing.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Edelweiss Pirate]

I come from royal bloodline also, what does it matter? I havent been handed a crown yet.

Anyway...

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
WOW, alot of royalty in here.

Ya bunch of inbreds....hows that flat foot thing workin' out for ya's

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

What great mystics?

Samael Aun Weor - a great founder of the modern gnostiic movement is one of them. He wrote about it in his book titled "The Revolution of Beelzebub" and even outlined the rituals and explained them as black magic.

And the fact is that the founder of A.M.O.R.C. was a rosycrucian before he was a freemason, is that not proof that A.M.O.R.C. is not part of a secret faction of masonry?

No, it is not proof because A.M.O.R.C has attempted to try and connect themselves with Freemasonry - but you are correct, as my very point is that they are certainly not Freemasonry but have in the past attempted to mislead others into thinking so. They are no longer Rosicrucian either - after they fell and they now base their magic on rituals dated from the time of Atlantis - and not Egypt.

Avoid them!

[edit on 13-3-2006 by markusjharper]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

What about freemasonry's and the Church’s charitable work, shouldn't we take that into account, aren't those necessary? And can I know which of the great mystics said that AMORC was “a den of black magick”?

Both the church and a lodge are charitable but should not be tax exempt. The fact that the church or lodge is a special place - to be able to attend such special places, that is true charity. We do need charity but not run through any organization that is tax exempt.

But to clarify, I was more referring to the intended purpose of the church and lodge - they have outlived the true purpose - that is it's spiritual purpose.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by markusjharper

Both the church and a lodge are charitable but should not be tax exempt. The fact that the church or lodge is a special place - to be able to attend such special places, that is true charity. We do need charity but not run through any organization that is tax exempt.

Taxes are only paid on income, or profit, defined as revenues less expenses. If churches and lodges are non-profit institutions, then obviously they must be tax-exempt.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wow, I had to go to the top 3 times reading on this page to find out what the topic was. Can we keep to it?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by markusjharper

Samael Aun Weor - a great founder of the modern gnostiic movement is one of them.

Samael Aun Weor is a false teacher and a black magician. I would be extremely wary of anything he said.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Samael Aun Weor is a false teacher and a black magician. I would be extremely wary of anything he said.

Dear ML,

That is disturbing to hear. I am not advanced enough to be able to connect in the astral to verify this but I have a feeling your meaning is honest. Would you happen to have any information regarding this? For example, where did you first learn of this possibility, as I have run into certain things Samael wrote that that upset me. Yet, I tried to put aside because of all his other writing as a whole.

Any information regarding this - I would greatly appreciate.

Best,
Markusjharper

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join