It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organ donors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Some people find this concept unacceptable, others do not really mind, and a third group are happy to do it.

It is interesting how donating organs is regarded today. On one hand, when a person dies in an accident, their organs are useless to them. At the same time, they can be of great help to someone else. I am not certain if there are religions out there that are firmly against donating organs, but I know people who cannot even think about it in a positive way.

My question here would be: If you are asked whether you would like to become an organ donor in case of premature death, would you agree to it? I know this is not the topic that would get your day going, but then I find it important enough to bring it up.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am among those who are all for organ donation. It should be an honor to even be accepted for the cause of saveing another. Why anyone would hesitate to save the life of someone who is in dire need escapes my mind.

Of course every possible organ should be of the highest standards and meet exacting requirements, as is understood. The fact that a black market exists just for organ transplants is enough evidence that people are not donateing. It is a shame that people have to resort to such in order to save a loved one...

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
People NEED to learn to help each other while they are alive,they Need to realise they are not immortal and organ replacement won't save their lives,they Need to take better care of themselves.
We NEED to find out how to cure or prevent these problems before these illnesses cause this kind of damage,because by the time it gets to organ replacement it is too late,too many profit from it besides those who get the surgery,and the organ recipient usually has to be on anti-rejection drugs for the rest of their life,just another profit stream.
Mankind would have fallen extinct long ago if organ transplants were absolutely necessary.
This race is not worth saving for the most part anyway.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Totally against this because of my religious beliefs. Also there is the question of the way the organs donated are used...like it seems that the more money you have or the more famous you are may very well determine who recieves an organ. I was told by a Dr that due to drinking I would never recieve a liver if needed, yet it was not long after that I see Mickey Mantle pushed to the front of a list of persons needing a liver. What a waste he died not long after the transplant, same as the person he was put in front of on the list....I believe it was a young boy who never had a chance.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
sure. I don't particularly care what happens to my body after I die...I'll be dead after all. why be territorial? the organ donation system is highly imperfect but if there's a shot someone else can benefit from my death, I'm all for it.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A family friend was a live donor (kidney) for my mother. As a result she will be able to attend my wedding Nov 23rd, he (the donor) will be there too!

link   
Organ donation sounds like a no-brainer and it is if you take a selective view of life and existance,

but do we have a soul?

if so does harming the body right after death affect the soul?

and as others pointed out here is this part of the creational plan whereby you get the deal of the cards you get and you must play them the best you can?

otherwise difficult to see where organ donation is a bad idea.

link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD

I agree with you on that.

You all never knew I had four arms did you!

The human species is not worth saveing, that doesn't mean some individuals are not. Children are a perfect example of the uncorrupt person. Only after exposure to ones enviornment do we change into who we are and will be.

Not every single person cares to make a difference, the ones who do however. They are the ones who make humanity better, and those numbers are smaller than yesterday. Anything can be used these days for profit by exploitation. When done with good intended purpose, the reason is acceptible and meaningful.

I'm not saying there should be a chop shop on ever corner. In my opinion, it is better to have the option to save a life, than no option at all.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think that organ donation is a good thing, there are so many heath issues that are man made these days and the people who contract these dessises are not always at fault, so if they can be given there life back for scoitys cruility to eachother then I say it's ok with me!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think its up to yourself....
i would give all mine away if i thought it would save a life if i was dying...

i mean we give blood...!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Advisor,

but if we lived multiple life times and reincarnated then our single existance ahead of us as a child is less significant than what has already passed is it not?

just an idea.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Both my spouse and I have signed organ donor releases. These are recorded with the drivers' license in Texas, so in case of accident, bits of me go to someone else to help.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yeah, I got my card years ago all boxes ticked, eyes and all. I give blood every 12 weeks too. Why not? If you're buried you rot away and are worm food, if you're cremated, you're nothing but a bunch of ash. If there is even a remote possibility it can help someone then it�s worth it. Besides, there's a little known benefit (in the U.K anyway) that I've been told by doctor friends that if you carry the organ and blood donor cards and they find them on you if you�re injured and unconscious you will get preferential treatment and treated much quicker. Kind of like the masons card with the police

Besides, when I die I'll be getting a new body pretty soon. Unless I've done enough these last 100,000 or so years not to come back.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
People NEED to learn to help each other while they are alive,they Need to realise they are not immortal and organ replacement won't save their lives,they Need to take better care of themselves.
Mankind would have fallen extinct long ago if organ transplants were absolutely necessary.

I would not donate for the same reasons as uNBaLaNCeD.
I also think that in some way you could damage/harm your spirit/soul in the process of you leaving the body and a couple hours later haveing someone come and remove whats left of you

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I respect everyones views here..
but what about a little child, who can be saved and live a normal healthy life due to been given a organ , without that the child would not survive

What if this was your child that needed it?
would you not want someone to save the life of your child?

just a few questions,

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Asala...whats to guarantee that the little child will get that organ and not some rich and famous person?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
true .... its hard even thinking that can happen
i mean if i were to give up organs of a child i would hope that it would go to who needed it, rich or poor,

i assumed that it went to the first on the list, of who needed it most...not on money!!
god i hope thats is not true,

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   

but what about a little child, who can be saved and live a normal healthy life due to been given a organ , without that the child would not survive

What if this was your child that needed it?
would you not want someone to save the life of your child?

It would really have to depend on the sercimstances. I wouldnt feel right to ask someone for an organ or such, that they might eventually need in the future, and he would then be in the same situation. I don't mean for that to sound harsh sorry if it came out that way.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Unbal,
"People NEED to learn to help each other while they are alive,they Need to realise they are not immortal and organ replacement won't save their lives,they Need to take better care of themselves."

Sometimes life deals them a hand that in bad and there is no cure, yes I understand that we have to find cures for certain things and all. If I can save a life from my organs that I don't need any more because I'm dead then so be it, it only is beneficial.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i am a listed donor, thats how they do things here. when i die they will pick me apart and use most of my body for research and saving others.

i dont believe that a soul gets compromised by taking an organ out. i believe a soul is living next to the body and is not attached to any organs. would my soul be imperfect when i loose a finger in my toolbank? i dont think so. I find that assumption plain 2 dimensional thinking. There are ten more dimensions to consider.

Spot

top topics

<<   2 >>

join