It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK gives Israel nuclear tech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I was listening to NPR yesterday and heard a news article about papers recently discovered that linked Israel's nuclear capability to leaks from UK sources.

Is this old news on the east side of the pond? Is this complete rubbish? Is it something that has you all reeling? This Yank would love to hear opinions from your side...

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
No, it wasnt old news. Im writing from memory (and it being Friday night I may be vague) but basically it was revealed that a very small amount of nuclear material was given to Israel without the knowledge of the then prime minister Harold Wilson, nor anyone in government. By a civil servant with dual loyalty ( to both the uk and israel)

Somehow the request for the material was denied by a committee then this man appealed against the decision and had it over-ruled.

From what I understand it wasnt enough to make a bomb but enough to speed up research, we did send Israel other materials too though.

Fact is though, we had quite a hand in creating Israel, this time round, and therefore ensuring their survival and well-being, whether that was through supplying them with nuclear material or anything, we had a duty to do it.

This news was covered mostly in the Guardian and Channel 4 news, which could be considered more liberal/anti-Israel media (shoutout to the right wingers reading this).

(too veer off topic and talk about the whole Israel/Palestine thing)I dont think anyone would argue against Israel having nuclear weapons, they must feel rather lonely sitting there in the middle east, however fact is Palestinians lost a lot of land and they deserve their own state, the killings on both sides are deplorable but I understand both sides, they need to both quit the bs and get on with things, no killings and be reasonable. Hopefully in time that will happen, im sure it will too.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
IT is old new, I posted it back last year on the 9/12/2005, you can check it out here. Oddly enough the Pro-Zionism, Pro-War on Terrorism crowd, just didn't seem interested in it.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I believe the story Damocles is refering to is this one. Following on from the story that you posted Odium, as more files had just been released under FOI.

new topics

top topics

join