It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage 'Buddha' goes missing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well we're way overdue for another spiritual leader/teacher/God's spokesperson on Earth. What has it been now, like 2000 years? I wouldn't be too surprised if another Jesus/Buddha/Mohammed was to come along. Obviously miracles like sitting for 10 months and disappearing would be a part of it. It'd actually be a nice change of pace, although it would probably also start a 3rd World War.

[edit on 13-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It was written that we would no longer look/listen to wooden, stone idols for god; and that we would now look to the living idol which was the pattern that Jesus left us, which was to realize the christ within, (the powers within) ... so since Jesus we've been looking at eachother as idols... hence the "entertainment industry" ..... the Michael Jordans the Clint Eastwoods and all that... and more for the David Blains and the Criss Angels for the mind power; now we've exhausted that we're going to move onto more spiritual means where we "worship" the idol of ourself, and the power within.

This boy is one of many, but one of few in the limelight, that is going to immerge as "reincarnations" or enlightened beings.. but its just part of our "evolution"...

as for where he is, .... well don't let the left hand know the secrets of the right.... he could have been kidnapped....

Christ is a conciousness within, the anti-christ is anything to take you away from self realization, therefore anyone who would assist the masses in self-realization is deemed an enemy of the anti-christ.... The masses have mixed things up a bit... Christ isn't a man whose coming to save us... we have to initiate all the saving ourselves... so get learning about yourselves...

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Maybe he ascended?

well..he did say he was nearing enlightenment....

Maybe I watch too much Star Gate, but you never know

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe during his meditation he saw a vision. Perhaps he decided to follow this vision or search out his own meaning for it.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Seems he is not missing anymore.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The chairman of the Om Namo Buddha Tapaswi Sewa Samiti (ONBTSS), Bed Bahadur Lama, told reporters that he and his colleagues had met Bomjan about 3km (2 miles) south-west of his meditation site in Bara district on Sunday.

He said Bomjan had spoken to them for half an hour.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
from the above link provided by valkeryie

"He said he would reappear after six years. He has asked monks to perform prayers in the meditation spot," Mr Lama told reporters.

"I left because there is no peace here... Tell my parents not to worry," Mr Lama quoted Bomjan as saying.

hmmmm, he left because there was no peace there, where did he go? another dimension???

check out the video on the link, too bad I can't hear any sound and quality sucks.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Perhaps he felt no peace there because of his followers. Maybe there was just too many people about.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowedRedemption
Perhaps he felt no peace there because of his followers. Maybe there was just too many people about.

I would imagine a ever growing group of people could make meditation difficult no matter how noble their intentions. He might have found that too much of a distraction in attempting to find enlightenment.

Or maybe he was starving and snuck out for a quick bite

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
He left because everybody knew he was a fraud. Was he the one who said he didn't eat for 50 days but probably had followers sneak in food? Jesus indeed. Any Budhists here? Can someone tell me how exactly the "system" works? I mean, is there a budha every generation, what's his purpose, etc.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Any Budhists here? Can someone tell me how exactly the "system" works? I mean, is there a budha every generation, what's his purpose, etc.

Im not a Budhists but Budhists do indeed believe another Buddha is comming and he will be named "Maitreya." He will attain Bodhi in the shortest possible time (7 days).

There are a bunch of events that are suppose to happen before he appears though. The oceans are predicted to decrease in size for example and the teachings of the Buddha would be completely forgotten. Thus this new Buddha will bring back and expand on the teachings of Buddha. That is his purpose.

A number of people have already proclaimed themselves to be Maitreya, none have been reconized as such.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
*GULP* sounds familiar to me..... Ive always been interested by the concept of Nirvana, it seem's so self-defeating to me- attain enlightment by abstaining the most possible from earthly want, only so you can go to a heaven where you can indulge yourself with anything you want. At least that's what Ivve learned from Buddhists, perhaps the supernatural paradise part was added (that's not a bad idea at all if you take the supernatural heaven of earthly pleasures part. Nothing like a good bag o techniques on how to be frugal, humble, and free from materialism).

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
The chinese took him, used him , and when done disposed of the body... the chinese are evil in this respect.... against buddhism against free life...

Is Nepal actually China? Bara jungle is in China territory?

Chinese use this boy for what? This boy has super natural power? There are hundred of thousands of Buddhism monks in China, thousands of Buddhism temples. Have you been to China and see what is actually in there? The Potala palace in Tibet with thousands of monks are doing their activities happily.

Beside that, there are thousands of yogis in India, Nepal, Chinese borders.

Ridiculous.

You should say: "The chinese killed the pope and other religious leaders". And, why not the American actually killed the boy so they can blame the Chinese government?

To me, you are another American brainwashed victim.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cl888

Ridiculous.

You should say: "The chinese killed the pope and other religious leaders". And, why not the American actually killed the boy so they can blame the Chinese government?

To me, you are another American brainwashed victim.

Is it really that ridiculous when China has kidnapped important young religous figures before?

The Panchen Lama was 6 years old when he and his parents were kidnapped from their home in Tibet by the Chinese government. Nobody knows where this kid is or if he is even still alive.

link

link

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Is it really that ridiculous when China has kidnapped important young religous figures before?

The Panchen Lama was 6 years old when he and his parents were kidnapped from their home in Tibet by the Chinese government. Nobody knows where this kid is or if he is even still alive.

link

link

Any prove on that? Shouldn't you all stand together to bring China Government to International Court? Let you report it to UNO.

Ridiculous.

It is political issue there.

It happens someone religious in Communist country was missing, and then American media brought it up to the world to discredit Communism.
I just wonder how many religious leader was put in jail in America. How many political personal missing, kidnapped and killed so far in America?
We all know American even go beyond their territory to hunt down Taliban religious leader in Afghanistan. So?
One will say American have their reasons and rights to do that.

As I said, there are thousands of Yogi in India and Nepal, and why should China government go beyond their territory to kidnap this kid? What has this kid got? Does this kid go against Chinese government?

By the way, the boys was found not missing. He left the spot on his own will. Don't tell me this is a Chinese made up story.

And how MadGreebo will responsible for his words?

Originally posted by MadGreebo
The chinese took him, used him , and when done disposed of the body... the chinese are evil in this respect.... against buddhism against free life...

He could be charged for spreading lies with purposes and intentions to discredit a person or party. He is a CRIMINAL!

Ridiculous.

My point is that, there are so many severe brainwashed victims who thought China government goes against all religions and kidnap all religious people.
There are hundred of thousands of monks and thousands of Buddhism temples in China, churches, mosques. Go there and check it out.

And I think, China government is the first to officially run UFO research network.

Ridiculous. Liars liars liars...

[edit on 26-3-2006 by cl888]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The Chinese are desperate. They are cracking down on anything which could escape their regulation, anything. In Changchunk (I believe I may have mispelled this name) they arrested *5000* Falun Gong members, tortured or killed them in a week. Unthinkable, and people think Gitmo is bad. They have been pretty vicious with Budhists, and also Christians -though it's getting better from what I hear,Jemin in his last state dinner gave as his last wish that China become a Christian nation, he was impressed with the behaviour of Christian Chinese as non-trouble causing tax paying members of society, the whole "harmony" concept of Confucianism seemed to blend. Interesting no? I also heard that by 2030 about 1/3 of China could be full of Christians (the growth of the religion is way over exponential, if the 100 million continue to grow that figure will hold). China is getting better, but things still are bad. I can't say the same for the Falun Gong folk, they will probably try to kidnap any "Buddha" claimant as well. Also Muslims are being cracked down as well (yes, there are Chinese Muslims). The Jewish community became extinct ages ago in the Taiping era purges. The communists are really worried about the inflow of individualist ideology which religion brings, REALLY worried.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The Chinese are desperate. They are cracking down on anything which could escape their regulation, anything. In Changchunk (I believe I may have mispelled this name) they arrested *5000* Falun Gong members, tortured or killed them in a week. Unthinkable, and people think Gitmo is bad. They have been pretty vicious with Budhists, and also Christians -though it's getting better from what I hear,Jemin in his last state dinner gave as his last wish that China become a Christian nation, he was impressed with the behaviour of Christian Chinese as non-trouble causing tax paying members of society, the whole "harmony" concept of Confucianism seemed to blend. Interesting no? I also heard that by 2030 about 1/3 of China could be full of Christians (the growth of the religion is way over exponential, if the 100 million continue to grow that figure will hold). China is getting better, but things still are bad. I can't say the same for the Falun Gong folk, they will probably try to kidnap any "Buddha" claimant as well. Also Muslims are being cracked down as well (yes, there are Chinese Muslims). The Jewish community became extinct ages ago in the Taiping era purges. The communists are really worried about the inflow of individualist ideology which religion brings, REALLY worried.

It could be true, that China arrested some of their own people in their own territory for their own national safety and political reasons, or whatever reason it is. They have their rights then.
They don't go to Nepal to kidnap a boy who is infamous, he is not even much known by Buddhists around the world.
American spend billions for hunting down Taliban leader in Afghnistan, which they failed I think. And American pay tax for it.

Horraaayyyyyyy, Chinese Christians are growing......... , by 2020 not 2030, 3/4 Chinese will be Christians......... horraaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
by 2025 3/4 Chinese around the world will be come Christians. horrrayyyyyyyyyyyyy
In fact, 80% of top rank Communist Party are already Christians, they all clean communist leaders. And certainly they pay tax horrrayyyyyyyyy.............................

What a misinformation. The source must came from American Jews.

I just wander how many companies and proper registered citizens that don't pay tax in China.

So this is a Christianity conspiracy co-working with the Chinese government to slaughter Muslims, Buddhists, and Falun Gong, horraaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Actually how many people were arrested in America for running certain sects?

I am sure American arrested, kidnapped, killed more people than China do, in term of percentage.

5000 Falun Gong were arrested, 5,000 / 1,000,000,000 = 0.0005%

To me it is obvious, that Dalai Lama, Falun Gong, Taiwan Formosa island issues were purposely brought up by American to discredit China Government in front of world spectators.
Sadly, there are so many well brainwashed people blew those issues helping American doing its' tricks.
It is American politics, but I think people are not that dumb and buying this American Jews tricks anymore.

Liars liars liars........
Ridiculous...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Well we're way overdue for another spiritual leader/teacher/God's spokesperson on Earth. What has it been now, like 2000 years?

There's been a bunch of prophets since jesus and mohammed.

Keep in mind that it can normally take a long time for these cults to really build up to world-wide proportions.

Budhists do indeed believe another Buddha is comming and he will be named "Maitreya." He will attain Bodhi in the shortest possible time

Thats some buddhas. Not all, not even most as far as I understand it. The buddha, infact, when asked about the afterlife, said he couldn't give any sort of answer.

only so you can go to a heaven where you can indulge yourself with anything you want

I've never heard a buddhist describe their religion as such, why do you think that that is the case? I don't think that most buddhists consider 'heaven' to be like the phsycial-material "Paradise" garden of, say, islam. Heck, even in christianity its not really described as a phsyical place of 'super delights'.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Well we're way overdue for another spiritual leader/teacher/God's spokesperson on Earth. What has it been now, like 2000 years?

There's been a bunch of prophets since jesus and mohammed.

Keep in mind that it can normally take a long time for these cults to really build up to world-wide proportions.

Budhists do indeed believe another Buddha is comming and he will be named "Maitreya." He will attain Bodhi in the shortest possible time

Thats some buddhas. Not all, not even most as far as I understand it. The buddha, infact, when asked about the afterlife, said he couldn't give any sort of answer.

only so you can go to a heaven where you can indulge yourself with anything you want

I've never heard a buddhist describe their religion as such, why do you think that that is the case? I don't think that most buddhists consider 'heaven' to be like the phsycial-material "Paradise" garden of, say, islam. Heck, even in christianity its not really described as a phsyical place of 'super delights'.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Nygdan]

Nirvana isn't really a paradise, or of indulgance. Its a place of mind, both physically and spiritually. Its a place that you can only obtain when you set aside all the trite things that cause us anger and pain in this world, and open ourselves to recieve the enlightenment of our world, for obtain harmony and tranquility.

So no, our Heaven isn't really a physical place after death, its all about here and now, and beyond.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

What a misinformation. The source must came from American Jews.

err no, the figure is easily verifiable :

Nonetheless, Christianity remains the fastest growing religion in China

en.wikipedia.org...

As is in the world:

www.bible.ca...

Islam on the other hand is a retrogade ideology which counts births as converts (or kills potential converts LIKE JEWS). I'm assuming your Muslim of course (the "Jew media" stereotype gave you away).

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Nakash]

[edit on 27-3-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Islam on the other hand is a retrogade ideology which counts births as converts

It doesn't matter what muslims count as converts. When looking at the growth of a religion, you look at converts and births.

Growth Rates
All Christians...1.36(annual change1990-2000)..conversions over that period....2.5 million......projected in 2025...2.6 billion members
Islam...............2.13(annual change1990-2000)..conversions over that period.....865 thousand......projected in 2025...1.7 billion

Islam is growing faster than Christianity, overall. Christianity is a bigger religion, overall, and probably will be for a long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join