It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrixism, a religion based on The Matrix movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
For those who didn't know already an internet-based new religious movement has been created from the media franchise The Matrix ( see www.geocities.com... ).

One could argue that creating a religion was Joel Silver's and the Wachowski brother's intent from the get go.

Another aspect of this religion that smacks of conspiracy is that one of Matrixism's holidays was created from the date of Aldous Huxley's, John F. Kennedy's and C.S. Lewis' deaths. They all died on the same day in 1963. Considering that JFK was assassinated and that Aldous Huxley chose the day of his death one can speculate that a cultural seed was being planted by the Illuminati at that time.

Of course only God and the Illuminati would be privy to that

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a visualisation of that which really is? Don't take the movie seriously as to what you have seen, but in between the lines, much wisdom can be revealed. I gained much insight by seeing this movie. And still, a good one to enjoy. Might be mind bending. I heard that when it was released in the cinemas the suicidenumber was thrown up. They are really testing our faith here.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
this is interesting, a religion based on the matrix. I loved the matrix movies (excluding revolutions) and thought they were a brilliant idea.

I am not so sure that I would accept it has my religion but I would certainly not rule it out as a possibility. I find the matrix story to be more believeable than bible, tohra, or quaran.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
How about we don't make a fictional entity a religion. It has already been done too many times before.
AAC

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
How about we don't make a fictional entity a religion. It has already been done too many times before.
AAC

Eh? like 2,000 year old christianity being born in the midst of a mainly polytheistic crowed? I see what you mean.

Definatly don't need anymore fictional religous god's. We've made up enough already to seriously screw our species.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
What about the conspiracy aspect of this.

Like I said John F. Kennedy was assassinated and Aldous HUxley wanted to be on '___' when he died so he ended up choosing the day of his death. Both of these famous people died on the same exact day. Coincidentally the same day that C.S. Lewis died.

Was it all just random happen stance?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This sounds as crazy as the "Jedi Church". I just cannot understand people who see films and the start to practice whatever belief system they introduce.

Some people somewhere are in need of their medicine.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
i visted the above mentioned page and one thing i wanted to comment on was the fact that the "religion" embraces the use of psychadelics. I just thought that was quite an odd thing to be thrown into the mix there, although i do know aldous huxley was heavy into them... any ideas there?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I could certainly see people sharing a serious analysis of Baudrillard's Simulacra in Simulation, which is a philosophy that partly inspired the Matrix movies, not a religion.

This "religion" appears to pull in elements of Baha'i with a strong emphasis on the use of hallucinogens, and the movies themselves form the "sacred texts" of the faith. If these guys (this guy?) can find truth following this path, more power to them I guess, but I'd argue that mind-altering drugs tend to obscure, not reveal, truth.

new topics

top topics

join