It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Big One goes off in the USA what will you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm curious. Up to now, we have all been helpless and defenseless in the times we are living and this abortion of governments all over the world that seem hell bent on killing us all.

As a hypothetical, if you hear there has been an attack in the USA of enormous proportions,

1. How will you feel?

2. What would you do?

3. Who would you blame?

4. Would you take some kind of action?

Its time to consider all this since the talk is rampant out there that our days are numbered.
Lets not be in denial anymore.

I'll start. I will feel that i have been betrayed by a country i have loved so much.
I dont know what i would do, except for trying to be close to my family. I would pray to God not to let me do something irrational.
I would blame George W. Bush for the chaos he has caused this world.
I would probably become very active in seeking his immediate impeachment.

NOTICE: Please refrain from posting threats that you will later regret.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nothing?

Helpless? I think this is pretty important.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
days of halo have left me all but prone to gearing up locking in and hunkering down. the final dawn of the US military to be summoned upon infiltration of the boarders is you and i dgtempe. hard work will be the greatest method of maintaining the most powerful country in the world. with some of our good fellows of ATS at the helm of the defense you can rest assure you will be in safe hands. the common sense and logic of those of us who have found their way outside of the thought box would lead any communial directive.

as a sillicone valley general of the new millenium...

im thinking the securing and consolodation of supply convoys to and from all ports. the securing and conversion of all imperative technological and industrial complexs to militaristic capabilities. the breakdown of all non militaristically applicable corperate capitalist companies for the sake of more proper and encompassing steps in resourcful allocation. in other words, instead of having the valley fair shopping mall you would have the valley fair northern california resource allocation command center. ISPs would be issued a strategic networking association mandate, turning the internet into a possible system of information protocals, or simply shut off, for the sake of the US militaries own secured networking systems.

i usually dont like to dwell on these types of things, but since my graphics card is still in need of a driver my WARHAMMER 40000 THE DAWN OF WAR strategic mind set will have to vent in some other fashion.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

1. How will you feel?

2. What would you do?

3. Who would you blame?

1) angry and sad.

2) probably not much since I live in rural area and would not be directly affected by the attack.

3) the democratic party, since they have officially taken the position of anti-defense and against any form of homeland security.

4) Immediately stockpile some food and fuel, since spot shortages would probably occur for a while.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I would move out of suburbia and into a rural area at least 100 miles from any city.

I would stockpile whatever I could get in the department of small arms, water, and food. Since I dont really have an emergency stash.

I would build up defenses such as bunkers hidden somewhere.

I would secure any and all available nearby resources such as water sources and farming equipment (and land if possible, else I will create my own micro farms somewhere). Sicne I know food and water might not be available.

I would help in organizing in any way I could the people around on how to suppress chaos and pandemonium.

I would build rudimentary armaments such as rockets and IED's in case of martial law, rebellion, or invasion if possible.

Then by the time that all was finished, hopefully the worse had passed and we all could return to normal life. If not I see myself living in a underground bunker in the woods somewhere growing food in small farms and purifying stream water. All while trying to lay low until things were normalized and waging geurilla warfare on local or regional trouble makers (think chinese or rogue military, or just rebels taking advantage of the situation).

[edit on 11-3-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

1. How will you feel?

2. What would you do?

3. Who would you blame?

Good question and one that I have been considering for some time.

1. Scared. Imagine those during WW2. The school children practicing bomb drills in there school in the event we were attack. Imagine the fear

2. Bunker down in my basement with my food/water and medical supply that I have already stored.

3. Nobody! Judge lest ye be judged. When the time comes I am going to do my best to keep my head on straight and not be angry because then I won't think straight and could put myself and my family in further danger.

4. Yes, and already have. I have enough supplies to get my family through at least a month of whatever. It may not be enough but it will be something. I am going to do whatever I can to survive because many people won't be prepared despite the early warning signs we are getting now and that will make them desperate and vicious to protect themselves and perhaps go after people that have taken steps to prepare.

I think it's our individual responsibility to protect and care for our own. The gov does not have our best interest at heart so it is literally up to each of us to do what we must.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
1. I likely will be hurtin.'
2. Run fer me life man.
3. George Bush cause everybody else does and it is so easy to do.
4. Yeah I'll pray that I find a gun befores the chinese gets to me.

If I'm lucky the bomb will fall right on top of me and I don't hafta care about it. but if it doesn't then I'm likely to get radiation and that sucks from what I've heard.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by denythestatusquo]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

1. How will you feel?

2. What would you do?

3. Who would you blame?

This is an excellent and very relevant question at this time. Kudos, dgtempe. My answers are as follows -

1. I would not feel any different except that I would be disappointed. My feeling is that it is only a matter of time before something like this happens anyway. My disappointment would stem from the government's apparent inability, or its absolute indifference, to understanding how its irrational actions impact the rest of the planet.

2. I would take my family to a safe, prearranged location, which has already been selected.

3. I would blame the US government. It has persisted in violating the rights of and antagonizing other countries for years.

4. I am unable to answer this question because I would need more input before deciding what action I would be capable of taking. The scale of any attack would be a significant factor in that decision.

[edit on 3/11/2006 by Bibliophile]

top topics

join