It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rakan Bin Williams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Rakan Bin Williams is a purported Al Qaeda undercover soldier that has been operating in the United States for some time. In his last message “The Last Warning to the American People” as reported March 10, 2006, Bin Williams warns ultimately of impending undisclosed large scale “twin attacks” upon American soil. These supposed and self announced attacks are in correlation to the United States refusal to accept an earlier truce as offered by Bin Laden and are believed to have reached the operational phase.

"[after] the coming attack there will be no one to analyze and investigate, because the mind and the heart will be unable to comprehend it… This will not be a single operation"

Partial English version of the very lengthy second message

An excerpt from the Site Institute commenting on Bin Williams last message:

In the past few months the name of Rakan bin Williams has appeared in Global Islamic Media Front publications warning of impending attacks, but not specifying a particular target. The introduction of bin Williams warns of attacks by Western European converts to Islam, in addition to another message threatening Italy and Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. What was to be the last in the series concerning the “secret soldier if al-Qaeda,” a GIMF author speculated that the coming operation entered its operational phase.
External Source Link, SITE Institute

And an excerpt from the NYPD Terrorism weekly November 2005:

The Global Islamic Media Front, the voice of al-Qaeda on the internet, has revealed its latest threat which it identified as Rakan bin Williams, a reference to Western converts, specifically those in Great Britain, who sympathize with al-Qaeda. According to the posting, the new soldiers, or the Rakan bin Williams’, “were born in Europe of European and Christian parents.
External Source Link, NYPD Terrorism Weekly, Novemebr 2005

There is quite a bit of concerning information about Williams and most has been available for some time; there seems to be a significance taken in ‘other’ circles as to his creditability.

There is a cohesiveness in his messages and he does not appear to be anything but what he claims. I will agree that there may be a significant amount of propaganda between the pages but where do you draw the line? Why has some of this information not hit the mainstream media or the threats not taken a bit more seriously?

Other reading examples:

Asharq Alawsat 2005
National Terror Alert 2-15-2006
Above Top Secret Thread (Bin Williams mentioned)
ADNKI, Novemeber 10, 2005, article
ADNKI, November 24, 2005, article
Database of Jihad Sites some containing Bin Williams

mg

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I read what this bin Williams character had to say the other day. I haven't heard much about him up until this point. However, what you claim about him being an undercover al Qaida operative inside the United States is news to me. Where did you hear this about him, if I may ask?

And is there any proof that he is actually inside the US, or are these just more of his ramblings? I would think that if this shady character was actually inside the United States that we would have the technological ability to track him down, especially if he's going around posting messages. Unless of course we don't want to capture him as we would rather sit back and do suveillance on him in the hopes that he is actually connected to al Qaida and may be receiving operational intelligence.

So basically my question is where did you hear/read about this guy being inside the US? Thanks in advance for your response, or anyone else who may be able to answer this question!

-Rasputin13

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
However, what you claim about him being an undercover al Qaida operative inside the United States is news to me. Where did you hear this about him, if I may ask?

I do not make this claim, really just trying to provide a synopsis of the initial posting link.

A message entitled “The Last Warning to the American People,” composed by a purported al-Qaeda “under cover soldier” in the United States, Rakan bin Williams, and distributed in both Arabic and English by the Global Islamic Media Front, an al-Qaeda mouthpiece, today, March 10, 2006
Source Link

As to being other than self-purported, it is claimed that he was announced prior to his messages:

The Global Islamic Media Front, an al-Qaeda mouthpiece, recently issued a message titled: “An al-Qaeda Soldier is Coming (Rakan bin Williams),” which assesses the security situation in Europe and promises new attacks led by a group of Western converts to Islam
Source Link

From the above two articles one can find many more connections to the questions posed.

mg

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
'Riddle me this' Bin Williams must be taken seriously. A few months back I remember reading about the remnants of wooden crates with Arabic writing on them having been found near the US-Mexico border. Yes, maybe it all seems a little too convenient, but then again, the remnants may have been left there intentionally for our border agents to find. Let's not forget that these guys have huge egos to feed.

According to this rubber-room riddler, the first attack is to be the smaller of the two and will occur in a state, or states far away from Washington, DC. Either that or the attack will take place elsewhere and yet most affect a state or states far from DC.

I also note that Bin Wacko-Williams did not specify a state or states 'farthest' from DC, but rather a state or states 'far from.' Do you think this rules out Hawaii and Alaska the states farthest from DC? Or, do you think he meant 'farthest from' instead of 'far from' and that Hawaii and Alaska will be the targets?

Further, if the psycho soldier did mean 'far from' rather than 'farthest from', as say in the mid-west, do you think some of our nuclear missile sites there might be the bullseye?

[edit on 24-3-2006 by signs]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by signs
'Riddle me this' Bin Williams must be taken seriously.

He may be real but...

He may possibly be simply delusional; here's an entertaining example:

The introduction of the ‘terrorist convert operative Rakan’ closely coincides with the first Middle East comic book which contains the new ‘character Rakan’ aka the ‘Lone Warrior’ perhaps the two may somehow have a connection. (introduced near May of 2005 by AK Comics, Egypt).

The Lone Warrior Rakan (comic book profile)

I am by no means a comic aficionado (let alone reader) however, I read an article in a paper last year mentioning the release of this first time ever ME "superhero comic" and one of the four characters was named "Rakan" described as a throw back warrior from the crusades. Then a month or so later the ‘terrorist Rakan’ gets announced with the last name ‘Williams’?

Of course there exists a target market but some of the similarities are more than coincidental. Perhaps the individual choose the comic character by name and persona to model or as an amalgam of all four characters?
He may really be a nut ball believing he has an alter ego.

Rakan, who survived a Mongol invasion of Mesopotamia and was raised by a mystical saber-toothed cat, distantly parallel more recent events. His country is a constant target of invasion -- by Mongols, Turks and Crusaders.
Washington Post

Rakan, the Lone Warrior, raised by a saber-toothed cat, who wanders the deserts of Arabia and Persia, using the techniques of "sheba" (wisdom and peace) that make him an invincible warrior.
Metro Active

Another discriptive source:
Impressions

Oddly, the four ME super heros/characters fight to defend the "City of All Faiths" from the "Zios Army" and the "United Liberation Front" (extremist forces which are battling over its control). Hmmmmm....

mg

new topics

top topics

join