It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. hostage shot, tortured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Sorry if posted already, did a search.

Tom Fox, the hostage that was missing from the last released photos was found dead and had been tortured.
RIP Mr. Fox

www.cnn.com...

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- American hostage Tom Fox -- who was kidnapped with three other Christian peace activists in November -- has been found shot in the head with his body showing signs of torture, Iraqi emergency police told CNN Saturday.

This doesn't bode well for the other hostages, may they stay safe.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Mixed feelings here. Not too smart going into a warzone, especially as an american.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is a really sad case of people needing to stay out of business they have no understanding of.

These good intentioned people went to what is now the most dangerous place on earth to intervene in a conflict between Islam and th West.
The Islamic fighters have no respect for the people who go there to work on their behalf, they are just seen as westeners who are ready for killing. On top of this the hostages are Christians, and that makes a recipe for disaster.

All christians should stay well away from the area, stop letting themselves get into this situation and stop worrying about Islam and its people, because it doesn't care one bit about Christianity and its people.

Its a sad day when we see these people killed for doing the work they believe in, but at the end of the day they placed themselves in that situation, so they really have no one else to blame bar themselves, because these Muslims have no respect for what they are doing or why.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Where Angels Fear To Tread

For some reason, this story reminds me of the story of Timothy Treadwell.

Perhaps it is the sense of recklessness that each displayed when confronted by mortal danger, and the fact that dying needlessly illustrated the same principle in both cases: that idealism does not grant immortality.

The savagery of Tom Fox's death only highlights the fact that he was wrong, and that his error in judgment cost him his life.

Now his family and friends must live with the consequences of his folly, because he cannot.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Can we really be surprised about this?

What the hell are we doing there anyway?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is going to sound rather shallow and inhuman but..........

We should bloody get serious about these hostage killings,why not say on public TV oi Islam you kill any more hostages and we will mohab bomb 1 of your towns anyone at random we dont care, so keep the hostage killings up and no towns left, might as well do a Saddam on them as thats only thing they understand, bloddy hell Saddam actually kept them in their bloody places if you ask me................................

Need to show some sign of force for killing hostages and a prices comes afterwards, then maybe it would stop as they be scared into place like Saddam did.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We got an email about this last night. My mothers friend is in the unit that found his body. Very sad to hear about, and my prayers go out to his family.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Give peace a chance - this gentleman was trying to help through christian beliefs and was killed firstly for being american and secondly for being a christian. God bless him and hopefully the same will not happen to his friends who are still being held. The people behind this are animals, and should be put down like animals are.

So i guess what i am saying is peace has no chance.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The Profession Of Peace

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
So i guess what i am saying is peace has no chance.

Peace has a chance, but only if it is pursued intelligently.

Walking into a warzone with the naive assumption that doing so will bring peace is arrogant, foolish and, as this case so tragically demonstrates, ultimately counterproductive.

Ironically enough, the only people who actually bring peace are those who are willing to wage war to get it.

If it were my choice, it would be otherwise, but it isn't.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have to agree that Mr. Fox and his co-workers placed themselves in extreme danger but I honor his courage and beliefs. May his family be comforted in this time of travail in the knowledge that Mr. Fox went home to be with his Father having done what he believed was the right thing. In the end may we all be able to say we stood for what we believed was right.

new topics

top topics

join