It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300,000+ Chicago Protestors Rally Against Immigration Bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Chertoff Says Families Crossing Border Illegally to Be Detained

March 20 (Bloomberg) -- Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said the U.S. in May will open a detention center to house families caught illegally crossing the border, ending the practice of releasing some of those caught into the U.S.

The U.S. will speed the deportation process by stepping up pressure on the illegal aliens' home countries to accept their return, he said.

Chertoff, in a speech at the Heritage Foundation in Washington, also said he's heading up a lobbying effort to abolish an ``almost 20-year-old'' court order that slows the deportation of illegal Salvadoran aliens. The ruling was made when Salvadorans were fleeing their country during a civil war.

And the fight continues. It's no wonder many companies and contractors love that illegal immigrant pressure... What more effective method is there to keep labor costs down? "If you don't like it, son, we'll just hire an illegal immigrant." Yeah well, I hope this bill not only passes, but gets enforced tougher than ever seen before. May the penalties be swift, unforgiving, and harsh.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yeah well, I hope this bill not only passes, but gets enforced tougher than ever seen before. May the penalties be swift, unforgiving, and harsh.

Well it would be nice but we all know they will cave in after they see the sheer numbers of latinos protesting over it. Visions of elections lost dancing in their smarmy little heads and then we are back to square one. My town has been ransacked, converted, and turned into a trashdump all within 2 years and im one of the people that is sick of it. I havent seen american citizens out there protesting these protestors and im betting that the squeeky wheel will get the oil and the bill will stall and they will sweep it all under the rug. Id like to believe Bush for once when he says hes going to crack down but ill believe it when i see it and when my town returns to its former glory.....right, and im a chinese jet pilot.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Seems like police are reporting one thing while those that support the marchers are sayiing another all over the US.

Same thing happened in most cities. :shk:

One of the workers where my wife works told my wife they paid homeless people to march just to make it look like more people supported them when in fact they were paid. :shk:

<< 2  3  4   >>

join