It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple reason why I'm Anti-Secret Societies/Freemasonry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Because it's a Secret Society. SECRET.

It's as simple as that.

Do I have to repeat that? Think about it.

Ignorance is believing that no evil can come out of it. And believe me, the hearts & minds of men in bond wrapped in secrecy can be a terrible thing for humanity.

It's only a matter of time when the people will rise up and stomp all societies of all kind. We are all in this together. Secrecy will keep us apart.

If the reason for secrecy is because of special knowledge that can better mankind and our planet then it should be shared with us all.

Shared.

Not kept away for a selected few. If I need to join a club to learn the secrets of the universe you can be sure that I will never go through with it. Man should come foward and have the courage and love to enlighten every living thing on this planet.

I say bring an end to all secret societies.

The world is better off with them.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
If the reason for secrecy is because of special knowledge that can better mankind and our planet then it should be shared with us all.

I doubt any secret society have that. If they do, ya that be a real shame indeed.

I also tend to be against any decisions that affect my life being made without my input. But that mostly goes on at the company I work for, not in any lodge. (I hope)

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
To be against a group just because they have "secret" beliefs seems rather odd to me. That's like being against someone just because the pray in secret.When in all reality that is what the Bible tells us to do, pray in secret

[edit on 11-3-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
To be against a group just because they have "secret" beliefs seems rather odd to me. That's like being against someone just because the pray in secret.When in all reality that is what the Bible tells us to do, pray in secret

[edit on 11-3-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

There's a difference between praying in secret (believing or not in the bible) and having the belief systems of Freemasonry integrated in all aspects of our american government.

That I have a big problem with.

And on a seperate note, please don't refer to the bible or make any justifications by invoking the name of religion. You will lost all credibility.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
I doubt any secret society have that. If they do, ya that be a real shame indeed.

I am almost certain that many of the freemasons here on ATS in the past and the present have spoken of truths and knowledge that is extremely sensitive and highly valuable to the individual and to the world.

In fact, isn't that why they have degrees? To progress into higher knowledge and enlightenment?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   

To progress into higher knowledge and enlightenment?

Do you think these secrets are something that could make the world better? If so, then of course it's wrong.

But put yourself in the shoes of a marketing guy. If you are recruiting for a secret society, there has to be secrets, that's why people join. It's part of the mistery. Are those secrets that can better mankind. IMHO, probably not.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   

There's a difference between praying in secret (believing or not in the bible) and having the belief systems of Freemasonry integrated in all aspects of our American government.

That I have a big problem with.

If only that were true, the government we have would be infinitely more fair and just than it is today. Anyway, Masonic 'beliefs', such as they are, are not integrated into the American Government.

am almost certain that many of the freemasons here on ATS in the past and the present have spoken of truths and knowledge that is extremely sensitive and highly valuable to the individual and to the world.

In fact, isn't that why they have degrees? To progress into higher knowledge and enlightenment?

Moral and Intellectual enlightenment. Not levels of understanding on how to rule the world. Think of it in the same manner you'd think of Monks or Buddhists. They have their, secret, rituals and lessons only taught to members of their order. Are you going to insist we get rid of all the monastic orders, or eliminate all the various eastern influenced religions?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Shared.

Not kept away for a selected few. If I need to join a club to learn the secrets of the universe you can be sure that I will never go through with it. Man should come foward and have the courage and love to enlighten every living thing on this planet.

OK, eudo, let me ask you a serious question, and before going off half-cocked about it, at least consider the implications:

Let's suppose that some society, whether it be Masonry or something else, does have such a secret. Let's also assume that this secret does give insight into the nature of existence and the cosmic forces that are currently outside of the scope of profane science.

Do you really believe that such a secret should be handed on a silver platter to everybody indiscriminately? Would every single man be worthy of it? Or would some only use it to destroy themselves and others? Did not the Most Wise Master warn not to cast pearls before swine? Would you give a loaded gun to a child who has not been taught the proper way to use it?

Now, let's assume that a group of saints, sages, and philosophers have formed such a secret society for the purpose of communicating this secret only to those who have proven themselves worthy and responsible enough to receive it. First, through initiation, one is indoctrinated in the essence of philanthropy, good faith, and virtue, which is the basis of all good. The Adepts will observe the initiate over time, to see if he is capable of living his life in a selfless and virtuous manner, as well as expanding his intellectual and instinctual prowess. He is tested to see how he responds in certain situations, and always acts in accordance with virtue, charity, and good conscience.

Would the secret not be safe with him, but disastrous to the materialistic and greedy?

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
eudaimonia,

We live in a free society, that means people have freedom of assembly. Do you think that there should be some kinda of goverment agency oversees all meetings, just to make sure they are not secret? That would be a AWFUL thing. Who are you to tell people how they can meet, or how to live?

The fact that people can meet in secret protects your freedoms. How can you be against freedom?

-- Boat

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hey, eudaimonia, do you like Krispy Kreme donuts? Yummy, no?

Only two or three people know the true recipe to making the donuts. The donut mix is made under strict security and then bags of mix are sent out to the different shops. Nobody else knows the recipe, not even the individual shop managers.

This is one example of literally thousands where businesses keep secret a critical piece of information that makes their business unique and successful. Does this make them evil? Plotting to take over the world through infiltrating their government?

Hardly.

Business secrets are not evil. They are critical to maintain competition, something that drives the marketplace. Giving out all the secrets will dilute their value, and in the end, foster a monopoly.

Do some research...you can find the entire text of all the masonic rituals online if you dig deep enough. You will find out there is no infrastructure for world takeover there. Dig some more into the way lodges are structures, and run. The hierarchy stops at the state level (in the US), so there are 51 GLs in the country (don't forget DC). The scope of the business meetings is to argue over light bulbs and organize fish frys.

Barely earth-shaking info, eh?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Eudamoia, let me ask you a few simple questions, please:

What is your true name?
What is your home address?
What is your telephone number?
How old are you?
Are you a registered voter? If so, what party, and please list your voting record.
What is your sexual orientation?
What is your marital status?
Please list all your sexual encounters from adolescence onward, including autoerotic activities. Use extra pages if required.

Are you saying none of this is any of my business?

Of course it's not! Your activities are none of my business at all!

Does this mean that I'm supposed to bad-mouth you because you have a right to privacy? I make my true name and phone number available (just look at my profile), but I'm not obligated to share any secrets with you.

The reasons the Masons keep their secrets is because they can. They're not taking your tax money; they're not bothering you, they just figure that their activities are none of your business ...

Which of course, they're not!

You're coming across like a whiny ten-year-old who has not been invited to join Dougie's and Billy's Secret Club.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Or would some only use it to destroy themselves and others?

Does Masonry contain such a powerful secret? (or is this still part of the assumption)

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I personally don't care what anyone or any group does as long as it dosen't affect ME.

When a group of people get together and think that they are special and know what is best for me and my family, whether it has to do with business, politics, culture, war, or the way I brush my teeth; it is my business.

And off the Street you sound like a whiney, arrogant, control freak that wants to have control over others wheather it's your business or not.

Question Authority!! Especially when they get together and plot against
the people that pay their salaries. Any group that is so arrogant to think they know best and the rest of us should listen to them and keep our mouth shut needs to be shut down. This is not a monarchy or fascism.
Give me liberty or give me Death!!!!

I don't care if it's the skull and bones, the Masons, Christian southern leadership conference, BPOE, Black Panthers, Grey Panthers or Dougies and Billys secret club; Leave Me Alone and let me make my own decisions!

[edit on 11-3-2006 by whaaa]

[edit on 11-3-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Does Masonry contain such a powerful secret? (or is this still part of the assumption)

The following is my opinion, as many would disagree. However, I give my opinion through years of intense research.

I do believe that there is such a secret. I likewise believe that this secret is concealed in the symbolism of Masonry.

However, I do not believe that this secret is alluded to formally, and one must study the symbols independently.

I also must, as a footnote, state that my ideas are based on the writings of Pike, whom I consider a true Adept, Magus, and Philosopher. It is also based on my study of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, who taught the secret to its initiates in a more straightforward manner than Masonry does, as well as my years of involvement in a society called Builders of the Adytum, which was founded as the successor to the Alpha et Omega Temple of the Order of the Golden Dawn.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
There are many secrets...

The biggest secret they don't tell you is that you will live the rest of your earthly life as well as you spiritual life, in spiritual bondage to the powers of darkness.

What happens is that you become a spiritualised or illuminated human being, which means your soul is activated but still chained loosely to the body. This is why these people have extraordinary powers such as telepathy and astral projection.

However, it does not make for a comfortable life. It is quite awful to be made to remain on this planet as a spiritual being when what you want more than anything is to be free and return to the source.

The worst thing is that you start to live as a group consciousness, you disassociate with your own individuallity and live soley for the group and its aims (because the choice is either the Lodge or the mental hospital).

You therefore find you losing your individual free will and acting under orders from unseen beings.

It sucks big time.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edelweiss Pirate
You therefore find you losing your individual free will and acting under orders from unseen beings.

Ah it sounds like television.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Good one, CN...

Edelweiss, here you go on your argument from authority again. You seem to have all this fantastic knowledge, but nothing to back it up.

I'm telepathic and can astral project? Wow! That's news to me. That must be one of those things that you were able to learn yourself before actually being initiated, right? They showed you those powers and then you escaped? Did you grab on to the big Satanic chandelier in the lobby and swing across the dining room to get away from the big, bad, old guys? Did they throw their fish fillets and pancakes at you on your way out?

Can you smell what yer shovelin'?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You have voted Damocles357 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

-- Boat

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Quote: "We live in a free society, that means people have freedom of assembly. Do you think that there should be some kinda of goverment agency oversees all meetings, just to make sure they are not secret? That would be a AWFUL thing. Who are you to tell people how they can meet, or how to live?

The fact that people can meet in secret protects your freedoms. How can you be against freedom?"

AH YES... There it is again, that "Freedom" thingy. Interesting Concept no? I hear that we have the Freedom to Gather in this Country of the U.S.A. What a novel concept!

I think that the Founding Fathers were onto something!

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Secret societies work against society that is what they do. They elevate their members above the rest of society. Thus any outsider is in effect an enenmy of them in effect.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join