It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: What Is The REAL Reason For So Many To Be Anti-Masonic?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by syberkat
Beliefs again..

Im getting so tired of hearing that word.

And intrepid you more or less mis'understood everythin you quoted me on.. but its ok cause freemasonry bores the hell outa me so i wont bother re quoting you quote for quote just so u understand.

OK, you don't want to address my points. Big suprise.

So I must infer from that that you are not here to engage in a sharing of understanding? Just here to stir up # then?

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
"There is a way that seems right unto a man but the end thereof are the ways of death." The Bible.

Some pretty good reasons here too:

www.ankerberg.com/Articles/apologetics/AP0401W4.htm

(excerpted from Encyclopedia of Cults and New Religions, Harvest House, 1999)

The average Mason, as well as the modern student of Masonic ideals, little realizes the cosmic obligation he takes upon himself when he begins his search for those sacred truths of Nature as they are concealed in the ancient and modern rituals. He must not lightly regard his vows, and if he would not bring upon himself YEARS AND AGES OF SUFFERING he must cease to consider Freemasonry solely as a social order only a few centuries old. He must realize that the ancient mystic teachings as perpetuated in the modern rites are sacred, and that powers unseen and unrecognized [THE SPIRIT WORLD] mold the destiny of those who consciously and of their own FREE WILL take upon themselves the obligations of the Fraternity.

Manly P Hall. 33rd degree freemason talking about demonic possession.

6. The attempt at suppression of critical literature. Many cult groups today like Mormonism, Christian Science and Scientology have something to hide. It may be an unsavory past, current abuse of members, leaders’ immorality or destructive secret teachings. These groups often attempt to undermine, discredit or suppress works that are critical or too revealing. Stephen Knight observes, "There is evidence of very considerable efforts being made by Masons—including pressures on publishers, distributors and libraries—to suppress works critical of the brotherhood.... This even extends to the brotherhood’s own publications."26

It is significant, however, that in Masonic ritual in use in so called Christian lands, as Great Britain and the United States, quotations from Holy Scripture abound. It cannot be doubted that this fact has blinded the eyes of many to the real character of the Masonic order.... Time and again in Masonic ritual portions of the Word of God are erroneously—and, it must be said, even blasphemously—applied.... Masonry does most serious violence to the inscripturated Word of God and does the gravest despite to Jesus Christ, the personal Word.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edelweiss Pirate

The average Mason, as well as the modern student of Masonic ideals, little realizes the cosmic obligation he takes upon himself when he begins his search for those sacred truths of Nature as they are concealed in the ancient and modern rituals. He must not lightly regard his vows, and if he would not bring upon himself YEARS AND AGES OF SUFFERING he must cease to consider Freemasonry solely as a social order only a few centuries old. He must realize that the ancient mystic teachings as perpetuated in the modern rites are sacred, and that powers unseen and unrecognized [THE SPIRIT WORLD] mold the destiny of those who consciously and of their own FREE WILL take upon themselves the obligations of the Fraternity.

Manly P Hall. 33rd degree freemason talking about demonic possession.

Where the hell does Hall say anything about "demonic possession" there?

Also, note that "THE SPIRIT WORLD" does not appear in Hall's text, and seems to have been inserted there as purposeful misquote by Pirate.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
[quote
Where the hell does Hall say anything about "demonic possession" there?

Also, note that "THE SPIRIT WORLD" does not appear in Hall's text, and seems to have been inserted there as purposeful misquote by Pirate.

Masonic,I think Pirate was trying to say that Hall was demon possessed. More anti-Masonic garbage.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Pirate please explain to me how you inferred demonic possession from that article.

Please. I would really like to understand how your mind works.

At the moment, I'm drawing blanks

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sounds like the case of being outside looking in,the things you know least about tend to steer towards the imagination,either that or someone saw some shriners on scooters wearing a purple fez and got jealous

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel
Pirate please explain to me how you inferred demonic possession from that article.

Please. I would really like to understand how your mind works.

At the moment, I'm drawing blanks

Ezekiel,I think all of us are perplexed by most of the anti-Masonic drivel. The more I have read and studied,not only Masonic literature but anti-Masonic as well, the less convinced I have become as to the whole "Masonic conspiracy".

So they are a secret organization. So is the NSA......
Are they plotting too? I mean,come on, using the anti-Masons "logic" we could never trust anyone at any time throughout ALL of history. Even Jesus Christ spoke of the "Mysteires" of his teaching or those that are not evident to the masses. Are we to think that Jesus was involved in some conspiracy? I mean,where does the speculation end if we are to follow the "logic" of the anti-Masons?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join