It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: What Is The REAL Reason For So Many To Be Anti-Masonic?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm not a Mason but I don't believe in the whole "Freemasonry is evil" crap that you read at a lot of the conspiracy forums. What really fuels this putrid hatred of the Masons? I have read both pro and con literature on the Masons and I have to say, I don't think they are "evil" at all. I have read both Manly P Hall's and albert Churchward's work and I must say that I see nothing "evil" about it at all.....Someone please explain to me why so many are anti-Masonic?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
IMO, it's pure ignorance that leads to this. Plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A "Widow_Son,I tend to agree. Most people,particulary at www.godlikeproductions.com,who are anti-Masonic really don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.I,like you,"Widows",have just about narrowed it down to ignorance.

[edit on 10-3-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The Masons are working their hardest to fight the bad PR. I don’t know much about the public relations industry, but I do know that huge corporations such as GE and Microsoft devout a significant part of their budget to it.

I imagine the Mason’s are facing similar problems.- With a organization so wide and so ancient, there’s bound to be bad PR. (think Vatican and East India Trading Company)

I a world of sounds and images bites what do we know of the masons. Starting the French revolution, the Morgan Affair, the Jack the Ripper killings, Pike and the KKK, the P2 lodge and now 21 year-old killed in ritual. (and many others)

All these things add up to very bad PR. The truth is people just don’t have time to research the truth beyond every sound bite they hear. Opinions are form from fragments of realities.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
The Masons are working their hardest to fight the bad PR. I don’t know much about the public relations industry, but I do know that huge corporations such as GE and Microsoft devout a significant part of their budget to it.

I imagine the Mason’s are facing similar problems.- With a organization so wide and so ancient, there’s bound to be bad PR. (think Vatican and East India Trading Company)

I a world of sounds and images bites what do we know of the masons. Starting the French revolution, the Morgan Affair, the Jack the Ripper killings, Pike and the KKK, the P2 lodge and now 21 year-old killed in ritual. (and many others)

All these things add up to very bad PR. The truth is people just don’t have time to research the truth beyond every sound bite they hear. Opinions are form from fragments of realities.

You should give us credit for starting the American Revolution also.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Give some serious thought to the position that people are opposed to Freemasonry based on ignorance - and then consider the people who have been and are opposed to freemasonry.

Freemasonry has been condemned by the Roman Catholic Church since the early 1700s. These condemnations have been stated by dozens of Popes. Now - Catholic or not - one cannot accuse Popes of being "ignorant" - most Popes in history have been highly educated and very intelligent men and are very slow to make rash judgements about anything.

Not only has the Catholic Church condemned Freemasonry, but so have dozens of Protestant denominations as well - very intelligent Protestant clergy and layment have condemned this organization.

In the United States at one point in history we had a Political Party whos sole purpose was that it was anti-masonic and did not allow masonic membership. The leaders and members of this party were not backwoods hicks and "ignorant".

We have dozens of educated and well rounded former masons who have condemned and exposed this organization for what it is.

Now unless - you are a total nut and believe that the Catholic Church, dozens of protestant denominations, politicians, and former members are all working together in a vast anti-masonic conspiracy that has existed since at least the 1700's to make the masons look bad - then there must be something to their condemnations!

Is it easier for you to believe that all of the above conspired against the freemasons - or that a group that demands secrecy of its members, holds secret meetings, registers its membership under code names, etc... is actually where the conspiracy exists?

wake up - if all the masons did was get together and play cards, have drinks, and help children - do you really think anyone at all would be opposed to them?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by A_Widows_Son

[You should give us credit for starting the American Revolution also.

People must have forgotten about the Shriners as well.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
onesharpbroadhead can you name any ancient organization that doesn't have a bad rep?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by onesharpbroadhead

We have dozens of educated and well rounded former masons who have condemned and exposed this organization for what it is.

Now unless - you are a total nut and believe that the Catholic Church, dozens of protestant denominations, politicians, and former members are all working together in a vast anti-masonic conspiracy that has existed since at least the 1700's to make the masons look bad - then there must be something to their condemnations!

Is it easier for you to believe that all of the above conspired against the freemasons - or that a group that demands secrecy of its members, holds secret meetings, registers its membership under code names, etc... is actually where the conspiracy exists?

wake up - if all the masons did was get together and play cards, have drinks, and help children - do you really think anyone at all would be opposed to them?

I have read the anti-Masonic literature,I just don't buy it. I really do believe that it is a conspiracy against a group of people who believe differently than the "church" does and have been conspired against for many centuries. Call me a kook,madman,whatever,that's what I have gleamed from my studies about Masonry and anti-Masonry.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Thank you for input.

My lodge doesn't drink or play cards when we get together. We discuss our lodge's investments, discuss local charities that we can donate to, send aid to widows of our brothers who have been called from service, discuss which people and organizations we will honor this year, discuss applications from candidates, practice our various ceremonies (none of which happen to be Satanic).

We even laugh about all the ludicrous things that some people say about us and our fraternity.

Our monthly meetings are basically business meetings. We have many dinners and events that are open to everyone.

Sorry if I have disappointed you with this info. Thank you for listening.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by A_Widows_Son
Thank you for input.

We even laugh about all the ludicrous things that some people say about us and our fraternity.

Our monthly meetings are basically business meetings. We have many dinners and events that are open to everyone.

Sorry if I have disappointed you with this info. Thank you for listening.

Widows,that is what so ironic.....people think that it is a bunch of powermongers planning to take over the world when in reality all it is is a bunch of old men taking up charities.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hmm what could it be???

Masons are secretive.
Masons only help masons for the most part.
Masons prefer to recruit successful people.
Masons have been around longer than a lot of countries.
Masons seem religious but deny any official religion.
Masons are rumoured to have a hand in many historic events.
Masons were banned by Germany in the past.
Masons never tolerate any criticism of their organization at all.
Masons cannot explain their strange behaviour to outsiders.
Masons work together to gang up on detractors.
Masons are obcessed with money and power.
Masons have too many well known historical members.
Masons are worldwide but always deny any conspiracy is possible.
Masons swear to defend each other to the extreme and have broken the law to do it in past.
Masons can hurt people that they don't like, agree with or feel threatened by.
Masons have had past disloyal members disappear, or die mysteriously.

This is a start.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Masons are secretive.
Masons only help masons for the most part.
Masons prefer to recruit successful people.
Masons seem religious but deny any official religion.
Masons are rumoured to have a hand in many historic events.
Masons never tolerate any criticism of their organization at all.
Masons cannot explain their strange behaviour to outsiders.
Masons work together to gang up on detractors.
Masons are obcessed with money and power.
Masons have too many well known historical members.
Masons are worldwide but always deny any conspiracy is possible.
Masons swear to defend each other to the extreme and have broken the law to do it in past.
Masons can hurt people that they don't like, agree with or feel threatened by.
Masons have had past disloyal members disappear, or die mysteriously.

This is different from "Christianity" in what way,excluding :

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Oh it is different cause christians are dragging their knuckles on the ground these days while masons are flying high with their boys running the show.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Oh it is different cause christians are dragging their knuckles on the ground these days while masons are flying high with their boys running the show.

*Shrug* You couldn't prove it by me. Seems to me that the Muslims and "Christians" have themselves a good ol' Crusades revival going on to me. Maybe that's just me though....

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Can anyone name any ancient organization that doesn’t have a bad rep?

I believe that this is an important point, I believe it is impossible for a long-running organization to keep a good rep.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Want me to be really frank here... I have a much more sophisticated view of masons than most outsiders you have ever known.

I attack them to soften them up so that I can finally get their real attention so that I can lay the real deal on them.

Masons are 50-50 like everybody else and like every organization in the world right now, the biggest rot is at the top. that is the problem with masonry.

Also, the knowledge passed on at the highest levels has been around since the time of destruction of the last great ages and been preserved for the end times. But the leadership cannot be trusted to ensure this knowledge will be used as it should in the end.

df1

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by onesharpbroadhead
Is it easier for you to believe that all of the above conspired against the freemasons...

Let see, we have the catholic church which murdered, tortured and otherwise persecuted thousands of people over their beliefs and we have Freemasonry which practices tolerance of other people beliefs.

You be the judge as to which group is the most honorable.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Want me to be really frank here... I have a much more sophisticated view of masons than most outsiders you have ever known.

I attack them to soften them up so that I can finally get their real attention so that I can lay the real deal on them.

Masons are 50-50 like everybody else and like every organization in the world right now, the biggest rot is at the top. that is the problem with masonry.

Also, the knowledge passed on at the highest levels has been around since the time of destruction of the last great ages and been preserved for the end times. But the leadership cannot be trusted to ensure this knowledge will be used as it should in the end.

Deny,I could possibly see that,yes. I'm not saying that the group is infallible and,despite appearances,I am certainly not anti-Christian,but I just think that people should be fair in criticism.....I think you have done that with this quote,bud.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

see there is no river too wide to pass nor water too swift to navigate when two put their backs together. I hope that others will be inspired to learn more and understand that the purpose in something does not have to be immediate.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by denythestatusquo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join