It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello... I like this site a lot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hi everyone.

I and my co-workers tend to browse this site very often. I don't think there has been a week were something from here has not been a topic of conversation.

I hope to be able to inform you people of something very important very soon. This is amazing news from an astronomical perspective that we've just begun tracking. So for you amateur astronomers on the site, a very interesting surprise is in the works. I hope to announce this information to our favorite website (here) some hours before the official public release.

And yes... it's good to finally be a member.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Welcome to the site, i hope you feel at home here, would you perhaps tell us whom you work for and what you could be revealing to us?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Greetings and welcome to ATS. Proper indoctrination takes no more than one week.

Can you share anything with us about your astronomical observation?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yeah, how ya been? DO you know anything abut the 2012 date and the end of the world?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Yeah, how ya been? DO you know anything abut the 2012 date and the end of the world?

The colonel wastes no time

I'm guessing the news is a little more positive than that.

link   
Hello Welcome to the site . i must say i am very interested to know this information you claim to have. please share as soon as posible

link   

Dont worry..

Colonel here is just trying to make you scared..

The end comes when you can least expect it..

And wellcome!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Come on, Come on....spill the beans. You can't come on here and make a leading comment like that, and not provide any clue to what you're talking about. Your thread will get buried.

What are we to see? PX, Comet, Asteroid, what???

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
Can you share anything with us about your astronomical observation?

I'm sorry but I can't. There will be an official press release soon. We're tracking something new and have to finish the calculations. Yes. I think this will be a positive thing, most people will see it in the night sky and it might be a pretty good unexpected show.

Hey. How do you get points and things? Before I joined, I never noticed the avatars, colors, and mood meter thingies everyone has. They're very attractive. Is there an online FAQ or something to figure out all this stuff?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Goodness no! What is that about?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
At the top of the headers, you should see FAQ. All your answers are there. As far as 2012, this topic is covered from many angles here. I'd try the search function located next to FAQ.

How soon can we expect a press release? And if I may, is there any chance that this body can emit radiowaves in the 40-100 mhz range?

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hi and welcome aboard!
Feel free to see what the medicine tastes like!

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
HereItComes

Wonder what you've got cooking....

At least it doesn't sound mushroom-shaped.

Good luck in your project and announcement.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Welcome aboard!

I truly hope (for your sake) that you have some truly extraordinary information for us. We have had many in the past make claims such as this in an introduction that turned out to be a simple troll.
I'm not accusing you just don't want to see you run off the site on a rail.
Enjoy your stay and I look forward to reading your info!

edit:
Hmm, after re-reading I'll make my guess.

It's a new Comet. (newly observed anyway)

[Edited on 8-10-2003 by Fry2]

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, HereItComes. On that note, I agree with Fry2. It could be a comet. But, i've also heard that it could be the biggest meteor shower seen since the mid-90's. (sorry for making that seem like a LONG time ago). This could turn into a new thread...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Okay... I can say a little more as the official release is being prepared for tomorrow.

An unexpected "near-earth" fly-by of a medium-sized newly observed "object" will occur at the end of this month. Official dates/times and observation details will be provided on our site (link coming shortly). There's no danger to us other than sore necks from what is shaping up to be an amazing light show like nothing ever seen before.

More data coming soon. We're still finalizing our calculations.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What do you consider medium sized? How "near" earth are we talking about here? Why would it be a light show if it won't contact the atmosphere?

Still lots of questions

Thanks for the update though!

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
it's an alien mothership....

I kid!

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Just given you an applaud.

Must be a record for fastest applaud.

Why not put you sites address up as your signiture.

Woohoo! an ATS exclusive.

Is it Animal,mineral,or vegetable?

If it is Mineral how big and how close?Inside the moon's orbit?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HereItComes
Hi everyone.

I and my co-workers tend to browse this site very often. I don't think there has been a week were something from here has not been a topic of conversation.

I hope to be able to inform you people of something very important very soon. This is amazing news from an astronomical perspective that we've just begun tracking. So for you amateur astronomers on the site, a very interesting surprise is in the works. I hope to announce this information to our favorite website (here) some hours before the official public release.

And yes... it's good to finally be a member.

Welcome and enjoy yourself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join