It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

name the plane (difficult)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Name the planes - obscure projects (I've edited the national markings cos I'm extra evil...)

[edit on 10-3-2006 by planeman]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Hi planeman, I've had a thread like this running for over a year now called 'Aircraft Picture Quiz' which is on BTS. It started on here but some mardy mod took exception and shunted it (after about 6 months lol) but its still going strong so feel free to add to it.

I wont kill this by giving all the answers straight away, well, all but one because pic 2 has me baffled.
Nice selection BTW.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-3-2006 by waynos]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Note how I chose 'project' aircraft not in-service ones.... mods hey...

You got a URL to the other thread? -any unaccounted for?

PM me your answrrs and I'll be smug if I've got you on any...

[edit on 10-3-2006 by planeman]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Planeman,

The only ones I can get with certainty are the Soviet Il-10-2 (Il-40 mod) CAS prototype and competitor to the Su-25.

And the A-9.

I would swear that at least one of the jets is a Maru-Ajeet and the other possibly an original Gnat.

One looks similar to the MiG-21 Analogue but has Sukhoi gear (wasn't the Analogue based on an MF airframe anyway?).

Methinks the ZC Yellow Bird is the M 346 by Alenia (Yak-130 clone).

Which only leaves the one which looks like a cross between a Scimitar and a Meteor and I haven't the foggiest damn clue. A part of me wants to say it's Spanish or maybe South American but that's the best I can recall at the moment.

You /are/ evil for springing this on a Friday night you know...

KPl.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Number two looks like chinas East Wind 113 or dongfeng 113

Number 5 is the L-15

[edit on 11-3-2006 by chinawhite]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Some correct identifications already.
Correct answers:
2. "East Wind 113" aka "J-12" light fighter project, China. Cancelled early 80s. Well done Chinawhite.
5. "L-15" supersonic trainer project, China, current. Based on Yak 140 but with different rear fuselage etc.
6. "A-9" contender which lost to A-10, well done KPI
7. Ilyushin 102, Russia, which lost to Su-25 Frogfoot. Note the rear facing second cockpit and tail gun turret under the tail.

So, the remaining projects remain unidentified (expect by Waynos):

JAK

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sorry I'm a little late here, but as Waynos has said, he already started a similar thread here: Please carry on the game over there.

Thank you. Closing...

Jak

new topics

top topics

join