It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help identify diamond craft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A kite shaped aircraft with blue exhaust (no contrail) accompanied by chase plane. Seen flying over Mojave Desert in 1977. Cannot find any info to id. x-47A too recent, and what I saw was big, not triangular but kite shaped.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Northrop XST demonstrator craft - The loser to the Have Blue project.

Right time, right location, right shape. I'll dig up a link with a piccie for you dude.

www.f-117a.com...

scroll down two thirds of the page to the diamond (Kite ) shaped craft on the pole.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Whooaa, top pix certainly looks like what I saw. Pole pix, too, but was Northrup's xst actually built, or was it the Lockheed Holpeless Diamond I saw?
And, what was with the blue exhaust?
A funny thing, also, around that time San Diego was reporting kite-shaped ufos at night. When I happened to look up that day, I chuckled to myself as I knew I was looking at the "ufo".

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
They were hopeless diamond was never past wind tunnel test. too unstable. Have blue was the flight configuration.

Northrops design is rumoured to have been built but lost the fly off to lockheed, many eye witnesses report having seen it along with have blue. It may be what you saw. The blue exhaust may be due to the engines used.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The Northrop XST never got beyond the pole model stage. It didn't fly.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Interesting info. I think I can disregard Have Blue, as its flight timeline is at the end of 1977, and what I saw was no later than March. Anyway, I learned something from you all and will continue to look skyward over the Mojave to enjoy the show.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Shadow, wasn't there sightings of it with a formation of F-117 A's in the early 1990's ?

I may be wrong on this one as im recalling from memory a story from Aviation week long ago. The sightings description matches that of the XST.

Or there again its a completely different aircraft in a diamond configuartion!

Will try to find the article.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
MadGreebo, look here for something interesting. I love the Mojave as is; this just adds a little something extra.

www.nuforc.org...

I know it's nuforc, but so much of what is reported can be explained (stars, crop dusters, sats, known military, etc.) and makes you wonder about rest, such as this--"wow, what govt project is this." Although, I must admit Phoenix incident is unexplainable (the flares story may be true but are not what people reported).

Oh, yes, 1990 sightings possible but mine was definitely '77.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Desert thats an interesting article there. Cheers for that.

It may be a while till we know for sure about any of the next gen stuff flying around, but with regards to the diamond you saw, I still feel that it is an XST demonstrator. The reason I feel this is due to the high level of classification around the project. The pole model is the only picture ever to be released, and no further details are forthcoming from the US airforce. This to me suggests a project that went further than the F-117a in the Recon role possibly.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yeah, that was my feeling, too. Black box $, like a kid in a candy shop--build it and it will fly, or not. If it works, we find out (much) later.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
A kite shaped aircraft with blue exhaust (no contrail) accompanied by chase plane. Seen flying over Mojave Desert in 1977.

Mojave? Hold on, that wasn't Have Blue! Folks, the Mojave is in California and the Have Blue was tested in Nevada. The Aircraft only carried enough fuel to fly for one hour. At a top speed of 600 mph, the aircraft could Not have flown to the Mojave and back on a test run.

Tim

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Tim, thanks for input. For the part of the Mojave I was in at the time, it may have been possible as crow flies, but look at my reply on 10-3-2006 at 06:01 PM. What struck me at the time was not only the shape but that darn blue exhaust. The sky was cloudless and desert blue, but the exhaust was even bluer. No contrail, only exhaust. I'ld like to know what engine could have caused that.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Oops! I over accidently overlooked that! Sorry!

This raises another point! It almost certinly wasn't connected with stealth research. The fact that the exhaust was blue would suggest that the engines were running hot. This rules out a stealth aircraft, as their engines run cool to avoid IR detection.

Tim

top topics

join