It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with all the debunking, lately???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hi , I am just putting out there my personal opinion.

I left the conspiracy world for a while due to the same conspiracies cropping up again and again and a lack of new evidence coming out.
Recently though I have been watching a few of the new documentries and slowly getting back into it all but I have noticed a trend of debunking and counter-debunking going on in the conspiracy world of late, is it just me or other people noticing this??

I mean don't get me wrong debunking is part of the conspiracy world to try and separate disinfo from good analysis but there does seem to be a lot more than there used to be....

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The "debunking" isn't any more than usual, there are just more stupid theories (i.e. moving taxi) around.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hoax like Titor and Serpo dont help matters

You need some debunkers otherwise bunk like that passes and makes us all look bad.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Bravo Howard!

You nailed it on the head....

The quality of conspiracies have indeed decreased, but the gullibility of netziens has proportionatly increased. Generally I suspect by the influx of newbies to the conspiracy field.

As a result we have to debunk more brutally to get it through some peoples heads that what you see on the net is 90% bunk.

(Personally I blame the 56K modems, they should never have gone above 14.4k it acted as a filter to the world)

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphicsboy76
I mean don't get me wrong debunking is part of the conspiracy world to try and separate disinfo from good analysis but there does seem to be a lot more than there used to be....

Word is getting around to more and more people, and a lot of these people don't like this stuff in the least. Cognitive dissonance, I would imagine.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphicsboy76
Hi , I am just putting out there my personal opinion.

I left the conspiracy world for a while due to the same conspiracies cropping up again and again and a lack of new evidence coming out.
Recently though I have been watching a few of the new documentries and slowly getting back into it all but I have noticed a trend of debunking and counter-debunking going on in the conspiracy world of late, is it just me or other people noticing this??

Its business as usual in the tin hat world of conspiracy. Nothing unusual going on.

top topics

join