It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want Spiritual Truth? Here Is A Good Place To Start

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Or this..

www.jedisanctuary.org...

Or this..

members.aol.com...

And this..

www.lib.virginia.edu...

And that..

www.satanism101.com...

Heck, pick whatever feels most comfortable and rings most true for you. Chance's are, it's wrong anyway's.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well,Produkt, it all depends on what you are referring to as religion. Gnosticism is not so much a religion as it is a philosophy. Much like Buddhism, Gnosticism is a way of life for most of its practitioneers.

Now, I'm not going to get into all of the dynamics of its beliefs here, but I think if one wants to know the truth about anything,he/she has to search. The truth is not just there,it has to be found.

You seem to think that any form of spirituality is a joke. Hey,if that's what you believe then that's what you believe.I'm not the one who will ultimately judge you.

[edit on 10-3-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You want spiritual truth? Then don't listen to anyone else and find your own way. If it is really Truth then you will arrive at the same destination regardless of the path taken.

No one can tell you what the matrix is...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
So who will ultimatley judge me?

If I'm not mistaken, gnosticism still holds belief in the big guy upstairs right?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Produckt,I will neither condone nor condemn your atheism.....you believe what you believe and that is that. Atheism is certainly a faith.....From where I sit it takes much more faith to believe that the universe is a random accident than it does to believe that there is a creative force....whether you call it God,collective consciousness, "the big man" whatever.To each his or her own

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Wow ... I didn't know I had faith in a non god driven universe. All this time I thought I was just following what the evidence dictated. Silly me.

Just to clear something up, why do you think the universe isn't a random event and must have been created? For me, that seem's so much more far fetched. I mean, we have no evidence of what started the universe, or if anything existed prior to the universe. But we do have evidence that man created god(s) to explain th universe, and lightning too!

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Produkt, you mean to tell me that you believe that the fact that if the earth were just a bit closer to or further away from the sun it would be uninhabitable is a random accident? You think that the fact that conditions for life is just right is an accident? Impossible!!

By the way, you really sound like an agnostic to me. You neither believe nor disbelieve. There is nothing wrong with whatever it is that you beliee. It is certainly true that the Greeks in particular did think up gods and goddesses to explain nature,but that proves nothing. Am I supposed to deduct that just because the Greeks made up these entities that there is not a true creator? Sorry,bud,no cigar.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You think that the fact that conditions for life is just right is an accident? Impossible!!

Really? How's it impossible? Those of faith love to run around and say tsk tsk can't get something from nothing. Yet ... god come's from nothing. Nothing created god. Or so we're taught. And who teach's us this? Not god himself. Religion's teach us god(s) always existed (or in some cases were born with the universe). The more probable answer is .. We don't know how the universe came to be.

It is certainly true that the Greeks in particular did think up gods and goddesses to explain nature,but that proves nothing.

How is it that the greeks certaintly made up their god(s), and those of christian faith didn't make up theirs to explain away the universe they couldn't comprehend? The greeks are much older then the christians, or any monothiestics for that matter. Sumeriens being even older, one of the first civilizations, and yet ... polytheistics as well.

What does your god teach that those many gods didn't teach? Nothing. It's the same stories. Same teaching's. Do abit of research. There's nothing in mainstream monotheism that hasn't been previously taught by older religous belief's and culture's. Look at the state of monotheism today, it's a whole lot different then what it was 2000 years ago. Hell, bring a priest from 1AD to the present, you'd all be labeled blasphemous heathens bound for hell.

Am I supposed to deduct that just because the Greeks made up these entities that there is not a true creator? Sorry,bud,no cigar.

You can come to any conclusion you choose. However, it won't rewrite history. We'd probably need another holy war from the christians so they can finnish the previous rewrite this time.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Firstly,the gods of the Sumerians were in all probability the Annunaki or Nephilim.....

Secondly, Produkt,I have done research.....I have been on a spiritual journey for the past 17 years of my life. I have studied just about every religion conceivable, from paganism to the "subgenius" cult. I am not "Christian" in the orthodox sense of the word. Most would probably be quicker to label me a "new ager", but that is beside the point.

I think maybe you should give it more time to know who and what I am about before you make the sweeping allegation that "I should do my ressearch". Trust me, there is not one tit or tat that you have posted on this thread thus far that I wasn't already aware of.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Solitude, observation, and contemplation.

Facing one's self with brutal honesty (both your 'good' and your not-so-good, even the things you wish you weren't--still they are part of you). Love yourself, no matter what. Learn to love others with qualifiers. Put others first, never yourself.

Value 'truth' highest. Integrity, honesty, and consistency.

Above all--don't search the ideas in your head. Just wait, listen, sit quietly.

The patient listener will be rewarded with that still silent voice. Without fail, God speaks to those who sincerely desire to hear.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Queen,very true.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
, but I think if one wants to know the truth about anything,he/she has to search. The truth is not just there,it has to be found.

The truth is always there, we just have to remember how to see it

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

, but I think if one wants to know the truth about anything,he/she has to search. The truth is not just there,it has to be found.

The truth is always there, we just have to remember how to see it

NetStorm,while it is certainly true that truth exists independent of our search,without the search I don't think it can be found.That's just my personal opinion though.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Produkt, you mean to tell me that you believe that the fact that if the earth were just a bit closer to or further away from the sun it would be uninhabitable is a random accident? You think that the fact that conditions for life is just right is an accident? Impossible!!

By the way, you really sound like an agnostic to me. You neither believe nor disbelieve. There is nothing wrong with whatever it is that you beliee. It is certainly true that the Greeks in particular did think up gods and goddesses to explain nature,but that proves nothing. Am I supposed to deduct that just because the Greeks made up these entities that there is not a true creator? Sorry,bud,no cigar.

The distance of the earth from the sun has no meaning to life. We humans and many of the other life forms we have here on earth now may not exist but life of some sort most likely would. Do I believe a master creator is the reason for this....heck NO. Do I know why it is this way...heck NO again. But I cannot believe in something that brings nothing but hate/death to everything on this planet. I'll be up front, I don't believe in a god of any sort and don't put myself with athiests either. Even though many here say I must be but what do they know? I am what I choose to be/ not what they choose me to be.

new topics

top topics

join