It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greys...huh?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Greys.

These large eyed, inverted egg headed, gray skinned beings are iconic to the whole alien mythos. Since the first description of an alien from betty and Barney Hill, these things have been what we see as alien life. But I have a problem with it, and maybe something with some scientific knowledge can clarify my errors, and explain to me how greys can be greys.

As I understand it, from the alligator to the zebra, and everything in between, we all came from one primodrial soup. A single cell, all of the same dna, that for some reason, slip up, and began to slip into various categories of life. All life on earth shares the same basic dna as humans, with no more then a 90% genetic difference. Even a fruit fly is 99% genetically similar to a human. We are all Terrans.

So, why are these Grays, these alien humanoids, well, humanoid?

Why do they share some of the most major characteristics of humans? Surely, they do not come from the same celluar material that was in our primordial soup, so they should, logically, not look like ANYTHING we've ever seen.

Yet, these things had two eyes, nostrils, a mouth, apparent organs, digits, two arms and two legs, even (in the case of the alien autopsy footage) visible mammallian genitalia.

Logically, shouldnt this not be the case? If they didnt come from earth, they shouldnt even be remotely similar to us, simply because the traits of humans and animals and even plants, on earth, are all based upon the single DNA code from the Terran primordial soup!?!?!

Can any science gurus explain this to me?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You cant really rule out they didnt come from the same celluar material. Many Scientist are now starting to think life could have first appeared on earth thanks to microbs carried on Comet that impacted early earth.

So you cant really rule that out yet.

Then there is that case that the humanoid shape might just be a ideal shape for intelligence.

Compare Ichthyosaurs and Dolphins. They share a near identical body shape dispite that fact they lived hundreds of millions of years apart and dont even come from the same class of animals. That body shape is just ideal for the role both animals fill mainly swimming fast and maneuverable to catch fish. They could look the same on the outside but have very different inside like Ichthyosaurs and Dolphins.

For any species that is going to cross the stars your going to need some basic things. Big brains for one since it takes alot of brain power. Your also going to need free apendages if all your limbs are used for walking you cant very well create advanced technology and use it can you.

Yet another possibility one that many people believe is that the Greys are not aliens at all they are infact Time travelers. They are really humans from the far future that have gone back into the past and to our present. The Grey basic model might not be a bad guess at where evolution will take mankind in a few million years.

A few million years from now and we are not going to look like we do today evolution never stops.

[edit on 10-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Just look at our own planet. Along with us, several other apparently unrelated hominid species developed. It's not a bad structure, and it has a lot of advantages. Eyes high and up front, good for long-distance, stereoscopic vision. Upright posture frees the hands to do complex tasks. And so on.

And if it turns out that our "alien" friends are time travelers from the future, they might be more closely related to us than you think.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Why do they share some of the most major characteristics of humans? Surely, they do not come from the same celluar material that was in our primordial soup, so they should, logically, not look like ANYTHING we've ever seen.

Do we look like fruit flies?
Even similar DNA isn't all that matters in looks, and I believe the only animal THAT close (i.e. 99%) is a chimp....though yes, the percentage is extremely high, even for dissimilar animals.

A bipedal form is obviously the most evolutionary successful design for a sapient species on this planet, why wouldn't it be the same for at least some others? Why couldn't they come from a similar primordial soup? The same elements and building blocks are rather abundant in the universe (hell, even in our solar system, as NASA keeps finding out, like today...hehe...)

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Shadow you said "Yet another possibility one that many people believe is that the Greys are not aliens at all they are infact Time travelers. They are really humans from the far future that have gone back into the past and to our present. The Grey basic model might not be a bad guess at where evolution will take mankind in a few million years.

A few million years from now and we are not going to look like we do today evolution never stops.

I always had this thought that what if they where timetravelers and this is what humans would evolve to byevolution from living in space. Could it really be a plausible thought?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
As plausible as anything I suppose, but looking at how we've developed in a million years, it'd seem it'd take even longer than that for us to look like Greys... However, if we PURPOSEFULLY engineered ourselves...then who knows...???

The Time Traveller theory is nice as it fits an awful lot of holes (primarily the secrecy and evasion ones), but to be honest, I think time travel is likely to prove far more difficult than interstellar travel....

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shepa

I always had this thought that what if they where timetravelers and this is what humans would evolve to byevolution from living in space. Could it really be a plausible thought?

IMO its as valid as any alien theory. Theres justy as much real evidence for either. Most of the technology we theorize could be used to travel faster then light could also be used for time travel as well. Things like wormholes for example.

science.howstuffworks.com...

One of the arguements against time travel is that if its possible where are all the time travels? They could be here right in front of our faces we just call them "Greys" I personally dont think they are grey at all and are just wearing some type of form fitting space suit.

Assuming they are future humans judging from the changes in body shape it looks like no human is going to develop time travel for another few millions years.

Its nearly impossible to say what will be possible with human technology a million years from now. People 500 years ago would sound like morons to us saying what is possible and what is not with technology. It would be like a caveman trying to invision the space shuttle, TV and the Atomic bomb.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To be honest, if you had told me I'd be carrying a phone in my pocket, back when I was in high school, I'd have thought you were crazy....

Doesn't even take millions of years for incredible advances.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So true, not to be derogatory but some people I know still sound like morons when speaking, sorry bad humor there.

It is true that many advances have come upon us quickly. Isn't there also a theory of populations having to re-establish cilvilization after chaotic world events like the loss of most humans? Could they be survivors of these past humans? Just a thought, and thanx for the replies.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It may sound sort of hair brained, but I have always held the opinion that if these Greys in fact DO exist, they would certainly mirror almost entirely the next phase of our evolution as humans. Think about this, mankind looks the way he looks now, taller than these Grays, smaller head, smaller eyes, much larger physically. If evolution holds true, wouldn't the trend that mankind has undertaken dictate that thousands of years down the road we would change in many ways in order to accomadate need? We no longer have a tail because we don't need it. Follow? Now, over the last fifty or one hundred years, thanks to modern invention and science, life has become much easier for us physically.

I believe that the aliens are a version of our future evolved selves. Larger cranium, to house a larger more sophisticated brain, being that mans intelligence will progress much faster as we now have the ability to learn more and retain knowledge at a faster pace. Smaller, humanoid style bodies, because we will become sedintary and physical labor will no longer be required. Thus making our physical size and frame smaller from lack of physical exertion. Man will take on more of the role of thinker, most likely needing larger eyes, like the greys, for better ability to see and read. So from where we are now, a larger, more physical, less cerebral species, we will evolve into a smaller, physically weaker but mentally evolved species that will be eqipped with all of the tools needed to analyze, understand and retain information at a much higher rate.

As for the common belief that Grays seem to be lacking in human genitalia, perhaps the wave of the future will be cloning, genetic engineering, test tube babies, and sexual reproduction will become uneeded and obsolete. I sure hope not! Just my theory, but hey, what do I know..lol.

[edit on 10-3-2006 by BlackOps719]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Black ops that sounded like a pretty good theory and was exactly on the lines of what I had invisioned but much more elequently put.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
To be honest, if you had told me I'd be carrying a phone in my pocket, back when I was in high school, I'd have thought you were crazy....

Good point.......technology has taken quite a Van Halen JUMP in the last 2/3 decades

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
One of the things that interest me the most about the future human theory is it could help explain what seems like a huge interest in human genetic information from the Greys.

Going along with the future human theory this might suggest some problem in the future human genetic code that did not exist in the distance past. As for what that problem could be I have some theories

Heres one

The Y chromosome in humans has been shrinking it now only contains about 80 genes, compared with more than 2,000 on the X. The Y use to carry 2000 genes as well but has shrank over thousands and thousands of years. The Y chormosome is important because it makes the male human, without the Y no males would be produced.

Some scientists speculate that the human Y will disappear completely hundreds of thousands of years from now, causing men to go extinct

This might sound like a absurd concept but some species have already have this happen to them. In some species of Whiptail Lizards there are no males. There once was males but not any longer. They now reproduce without fertilization, a process known as parthenogenesis of "virgin birth".

The females produce pretty much clones of themselves. Two females even have to go through a mock mating ritual to spark fertilization a throw back of having males.

Shrinking Y

whiptail lizard

Another Possibility could be future humans gain the technology to manipulate our genes in radical ways but use it in ways they shouldnt have with disastrous effects. The thing with super fast advancements in human technology is that humans dont always advance equally as fast in the wisdom department to use that technology wisely.

Either scenario could give future humans the desire and reason to want get their hands on human genetic information from far in the past.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Or maybe it has to be considered that humanoid aliens look like humans not because they came from earth........but in fact, earth humans came from them!

There are 3 types of grey species........ the 3 ft greys, and the two from Zeta Reticuli I and Zeta Reticuli II

The 3 ft greys which everyone usually sees, are genetically created by the Alpha Draconis........ and are a slave race, all linked up like borgs, with a hive mind. There are renegade 3 ft greys that are trying to escape the oppression and thus these are the ones being accused of human abduction as well as cattle manipulation.

3 ft greys anatomy are nearly identical ( 2 arms 2 legs) but have one major component different to that of humans, and that is they have no digestive system. They have to swim in a fluid of nutrients which gets absorbed through their skin, and their human abduction behaviours are thought to be a way to help them find a way to make future 3 ft greys able to have digestive systems.......

97% of DNA is identical in ALL living things, alien, insects, whatever..3% is of ancestral genetics and memories, and also your own memories/emotions...

What is quite important is that most of the human population also have DNA of other animals, such as bears, lions, dolphins etc...and also have more of a dominant 3% relating to their place of ancestry, with regards to culture...as certain alien humanoid groups altered the DNA to make it dominant......

My source of info, just in case thats the next question, is from someone i know that worked for the elite for 25 years....ONE of his duties was to investigate UFO crash sites and identify the beings on the craft. The other... was genetic manipulation.... and of course, other stuff not related to this topic.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
WolfofWar-
The really good question on the inital post. Here's a theory (and thats all it is) that might fit, a little, even if I dont exactly subscribe to it myself. I'm no scientist when it comes to evolutionary issues, so excuse my lame terminology.

So, it's said by scientists that life started in the water. Part of us crawled out and began life all those millions of years ago on land. But, what about the part of "us" that stayed in the water. While we were evolving lungs to breathe air and legs, and all that evolution, the part that stayed in the water...well, would have had thousands of years of evolution and development on us here on land.

The "grey" alien typically, and alledgedly has black eyes. Could this be from living and developing in low light depths of the sea. Could the black eyes be protective wear?

It's been reported that the grey's skin is fine scaled, almost like....a shark, or dolphin.

75% (roughly) of all UFO sightings involve large bodies of water. UFOs going into water, or coming out is also a pretty well documented thing.

The "grey" is typically thin, painfully so. Could this be from development in water?

Whats the common thread of consistency in a Govt. Dept. mentioned in UFO FOIA documents? The Department of *Naval* Intelligence.

Look at that face you posted...I mean how far off its that from being "fish" like?

They say there's more we know about space then whats going on in the deepest fathoms of the Oceans. Whats down there?

So, maybe they are similar to us in the respects you mentioned, because they are us...but us froma completely different evolutionary process....one that would have significant mental, physical and technological development time on us...whilst we grew those pesky legs and learned to walk and breathe air.

I dunno...just thinkin. Ponderous man, frickin ponderous.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Jritzmann

That is a very interesting way to look at it. I never really put much stock into the theory that these aliens are living in our oceans, but like you said, we know more about space than we know about what dwells in the deepest darkest corners of our own oceans. I have seen pictures of creatures found washed ashore from the deep after the Asian tsunami, and some of these creatures were downright hideous looking. Very cool post
really makes you wonder whats down there!

[edit on 11-3-2006 by BlackOps719]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Essentailly we are all from the oceans, vertebrates evolving from fish resulting in all animals being symmetrical because it is the most effecient way of getting about in an underwater enviroment.

I think life would follow similar paths on other worlds, don't forget the wing is a common design in the natural world on earth but one that has been solved during evolution by different species, birds, mammals, insects and once reptiles, as with legs & eyes etc. I fail to see why similar laws wouldn't apply to other life on other planets assuming water is the starting factor of life.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I wanna gray as a pet. I hear they are slaves of the lizards so why can't we have them too. I mean they are like living robots or something like that so why are we making mechanical robots when we can capture some of these little dudes and grow'em in tanks and then use them ourselves?

maybe they can teach us how to make a saucer and how to fly one too? We can have them go out into the universe and plunder for us and bring us back all kinds of goodies and stuff. Like Kolumbus did and all those guys.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
So, why are these Grays, these alien humanoids, well, humanoid?

Whoa, whoa, back up. Who's to say they exist at all? Just because they feature on book covers and the hypnotically "retrieved" memories of some folks doesn't mean they're other than fantasy. And we tend to make our fantasies look at least recognizable. Heck, they HAD to make aliens humanoid on Star Trek so they could use human actors and not spend a ton on FX every single episode. You may as well ask why demons have horns and bat-like wings. (it's because the people telling the stories say they do, not because demons actually exist).

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Alright, now.. There are many reasons why the grays could look like this. Do they exist? yes, but that is just my opinion. Anyways, here's the first theory. If you take a look at a nocturnal animal, you will see that they have big eyes. Much like the Bush Baby right? Or..the owl? Well, take a look at the gray, the Gray has large black eyes. To see in the darkness. And they are humanoid. Bipedal creatuers. This is a creature that dwells in the darkness, and it very sensitive to light.

Next, do you know how people claim to have run into wierd creatures in caverns and caved. You got it. That's right, these grays are suppossedly...coming from underground. People always look to the skys for answers, but you don't care about looking underground. But, that is just one thoery. The next one is going to sound out landish.

Alright, so heres the next one. Millions and trillions of years ago, aliens came down to earth to ascend our evolution. Even scientists today scratch their heads thinking, "But that's not possible, we couldn't have evolved that fast." They still don't know. So the aliens helped us evolve, and one of them took a DNA sample of us, to make clones. This turned out to look like human/alien creatures... So they may be from space.

Another thing is, the dinosaurs DNA was taken by gray aliens, and mixed to create. BINGO. The bipedal reptilian aliens. And I do know that Lizardsamok was abducted by these beings.

So, you just have to ask yourself these questions...

Where did the Grays come from

Why are there eyes so big?

Do they dwell underground

Another important thing to note is that. The Dulce Wars, that Phil Schnieder was in, he claimed to have encountered what he called a "large gray". It scratched him across the belly, and I do believe him. I have read everything from UFO's to aliens, to that illuminati, mind control, government secrets, all that stuff. And most of us know what's really going on.

Would love to hear what you think

*Whitelightwolf*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join