It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mauser BK27 gun for F-35 JSF?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The widely successful BK27 was originally intended to be mounted on the JSF, but was dropped in favor of a domestic design. I can only speculate on the reasoning behind this.

I don't; I was the Proposal Manager for the gun.

The prop to Lockmart was done out of Mesa (Ordnance used to be part of McDonnell Douglas Helicopter Company).

The issue was cost. We were too expensive.

Interestingly enough, Boeing had already spun off our Ordnance group to ATK, which is where all most the former Boeing ordnance guys now work. But we ran the prop, since we'd started the campaign in the first place.

Unfortunately, ATK used their own overhead and burden price rates, and they were higher than the customer (Lockmart) wanted.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
And ch1466, please state what acronyms mean (atleast once) what because not all of us can understand all that, I know a fair bit of air combat lingo but that just tops it all, it's beginning to get annoying.

Ignorance is fine but expecting others to make your learning experience 'fun' is hardly fair or smart.

Now if you were really trying it would not have taken you minutes to find this sort of thing:

www.fas.org...

You wont find it all there but you can just aswell start where i did.

Stellar

new topics

<< 1   >>

join