It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Orbiter due at Mars soon,the tricky part begins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter is approaching Mars,this is going to be the most difficult part of the mission it has to be caught by Mar's gravity in order to orbit Mars......I really hope this works,it will be very important if we plan to send a manned mission to mars!!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
As I type this, it should have started to brake 12 minutes ago, any word on the results? I cant find anything I have access too.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
NASA TV is live from JPL now!
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhesus Negative
NASA TV is live from JPL now!
www.nasa.gov...

Isn't that a line out of an old joke...(?)

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a (...) frontal lobotomy.

oh, wait...that's your sig...lol...I thought NASA was showing it

rotflmbo

[edit on 10-3-2006 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
..and now the censoring, obscuring, and avoidance of anything of substance begins - unless NASA finally decides that possible worldwide chaos (which is what will happen, according to the Brookings Report on discovery of alien artefacts/species) - is worth it - in order to get a massive budget boost..
I keep hoping that NASA funding dries up enough so that they'll have to make that choice, or face closure..

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It sounds like you are advocating the release of false material on the behalf of NASA in order satisfy your own unfounded and baseless conspiracy theories. And it your comment has very little to do with this mission in particular.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If i heard correctly then the orbiter won't be sending back any data until November....hopfully nothing happens to it in the mean time!

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
er no, Im not advocating the false release of anything - just casually pointing out that NASA itself tends to adhere to the findings of the Brookings Report, that it commissioned - which among other things - suggests that any potential evidence of any kind, of non terrestrial intelligence, shouldn't ever be released.

Kinda makes the 'thrill of discovery and exploration' that NASA coasts on, rather bogus, wouldn't you say - if they are operating from the point of view that certain genres of data will NOT be conveyed to the public, even if they find/found it.

If you don't know about the Brookings Institute report, which NASA commissioned way back in the early days of the space race, then look it up.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Challenges Ahead for NASA's Mars Orbiter By ALICIA CHANG, AP Science Writer
Sat Mar 11, 5:42 PM ET

PASADENA, Calif. - The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter passed the biggest test of its life by safely entering orbit around the Red Planet, joining a constellation of circling spacecraft. But other challenges lie ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Next month, the two-ton orbiter will begin another critical phase in its $720 million mission. It will spend seven months dipping into Mars' upper atmosphere to shrink its current elliptical orbit to a circular one, which will take it as close as 200 miles above the surface.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
See the "Easy" buttons on some of the desks? Thats funny as heck.

top topics

join