It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was tortured, says Australian held in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

A SYDNEY man, Ahmed Jamal, imprisoned in northern Iraq for 18 months without charge has told Australian officials he was tortured.

Mr Jamal was finally visited by Australia's consul-general in Iraq, Alan Elliott, on February 27 and found in a distressed state. He said he had been badly mistreated by his captors after his arrest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He has been abused and tortured. Mr Alex told me that he said he has been tortured," Mahmoud Jamal said yesterday. "They told me that he has a lot of rashes on his body and that he has lost his memory … His loss of memory is from torture and electricity."

sydney morning herald

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others. – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yeah just look at the whole family of terrorists in waiting. Ok so its ok to wage war / Jihad, but if you get caught you shouldn't have to face the consequences of your actions? If the guy thinks he can kill, kill and kill again and not be held to account then hes dreaming!

I hope austrailia deport him and his whole sorry family back to an islamic country of choice - As it seems that freedoms not what they want, so let them choose an Islamic country of choice and ship them out.

A terrible breach of the Austrailian hospitality towards immigrants and newcomers.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"I've lost my memory! But I remember I was tortured in Iraq"!!!

Hahah...full of crap.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
Yeah just look at the whole family of terrorists in waiting. Ok so its ok to wage war / Jihad, but if you get caught you shouldn't have to face the consequences of your actions? If the guy thinks he can kill, kill and kill again and not be held to account then hes dreaming!

I hope austrailia deport him and his whole sorry family back to an islamic country of choice - As it seems that freedoms not what they want, so let them choose an Islamic country of choice and ship them out.

A terrible breach of the Austrailian hospitality towards immigrants and newcomers.

Exactly what is he guilty of? You're calling him and his family terrorists. If this is true, why wasn't he charged, tried, and convicted instead of released?

new topics

top topics

join